2004 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 616 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

Reliable, and rugged vehicle

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "4WD, Reliability, Handling, Strong and capable car"

Cons: "Could use a little more power from the V6"

"I was the second owner of this vehicle, unfortunately due to the strut house tower recall the vehicle was condemned and I got a great deal from Nissan for it. If it wasn't for this recall would have kept it longer. Spent very little in repairs throughout the years, original engine and transmission and 4wd was in tact, a/c worked, stereo worked. Just the little things that come with owning a used vehicle throughout the years. Overall was happy with it. Will miss it. :("

9 years and still going

By on Sunday, December 23, 2007

"We're not heavily driving the Nissan these days, but it does have 107K miles on it (we're original owners) and doesn't show unexpected signs of wearing out. We did replace the factory battery, which, to our surprise, lasted an amazing 5-6 years. Have replaced the lamps inside both of the headlights, but not the tailights yet. Also have finally replaced a portion of the exhaust system, and the radio antenna (the antenna - several times because my wife kept driving it into carwashes while extended). Structurally, doesn't seem to be anything amiss with the chassis. Th leather is still holding up and the paint even still looks good. Black plastic on the exterior has now faded to a dark gray, but this has been uniform, or relatively so, so it still looks good with the black paint. No busted seals around windows or moonroof, no bubbling or fouling of the rearmost windows which are tinted. We've added a towing hitch and have found the truck has sufficient power to pull U-haul type trailers. Transmission is still going strong, engine is great. I'm hoping to hold this car until I can get a fully-battery-powered car. Given our positive experience with the Pathfinder, we'd like Nissan to step up, but I think they're a few steps behind Toyota and Honda in the electric car development race."

Great reliable vehicle

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Super comfortable, excellent 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "Hard on gas"

"Bought this for the true 4wd and love it. Super easy to drive, drives like a car. Has great pick up with the 3.5 automatic and is smooth on the highway. A little hard on gas (average 16 to 17 mpg) but for the power it makes sense."

174,574 miles and counting!

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Great value!"

Cons: "Center of weight too high."

"This car has only cosmetic and wear and tear damages from long term use, but when we talk about engine and transmission it will last forever. If you own one you know what I mean. This car acts like it doesn't understand aging, literally. As long as you keep changing all those fluids the life of a Pathfinder will keep extending until who knows when. I will volunteer my car to see how many miles you can get out of it. I have decided I'm keeping it forever. That's how satisfied I am about this vehicle. - Roberto Addarich"

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, tough, reliable, build quality, look"

Cons: "tight rear conditions,"

"This was my first car and it is nicer than most of the cars that my friends drive. I never have to worry about getting stuck ANYWHERE with the pathfinders great 4-wheel drive ablities. Its fast enough to impress my friends and pass anyone saftely. The exterior looks great, (one of the last good looking pathfinders), and the interior has amazing quality. The back seat is a little small and I can't figure out why the "check engine" light is on but other that that the car runs perfectly. I hardly ever have to get maintenence done on it. I would definitly reccomned this car!"