2003 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 591 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

Hardworking, reliable vehicle!

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "A dependable drive, very powerful"

Cons: "Not so great mph, leather upholstery frays easily"

"Bought a 2003 model in 2006, and it has served us extremely well. It's not glamorous, but it's very powerful on the highway --especially here in Texas where the speed limit is 85 mph, and the traffic is crazy!"

Absolutely the BEST car ever

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, strong, large storage box"

Cons: "only 5 seats"

"We owned this car for 6 years now, and can't be more satisfied with its performance. We bought it from its first owner in 2007, with about 60000 miles. Now after more than 134000 miles and 2 accidents, still runs great! We never had any mechanical issue with it, only cosmetic and routine wear and tear! It is very strong and comfortable for delivery business and travel. We're a family of 4 with 2 boys, and very active and athletic life! This car never let us down! We're already planning to buy the new 7 seats pathfinder! and of course keeping this one for business purposes."

The best most reliable and comfortable vehicle

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "Great durability, great comfort."

Cons: "No cons. This is very definitely the best vehicle"

"Our 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE has been the most trouble-free vehicle we've ever owned, and I am 62 years old now. They just don't get any better than this."

One Owner maintained regularly

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

"It had to be a reliable and safe vehicle to transport 3 kids."

Not The Best

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

"Third Pathfinder and '87 was terrific! With each succeeding one more problems. Things you don't expect to go wrong! A door that needing new hinges? The Bose system went out early and did not repair based on input from others as did not stay repaired. Nit pickey stuff! Sensors on going battle! Poor gas mileage."

Best

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, especially in the snow."

"I have always loved the Pathfinder from the first time I saw one and now that I own one, I would say I am pleased with the car. The second best car that I have owned- the first was my Acura Integra '91."

I love this vehicle!

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

"We purchased our 2001 Nissan Pathfinder in 2005 as a certified pre-owned vehicle from a dealer who also provided us with the Carfax report which was very good. We have owned the truck for 8 years and have never had one major problem. We have performed routine oil changes, replaced the tires a couple of times, and have only had to take care a of few minor repairs such as replacing a fan. I highly recommend buying a Nissan. It is extremely reliable."

I love this Pathfinder

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

"It is a tank I've had 3 wrecks and it still ran GREAT. It go's VERY good in the snow,rain. I love the Pathfinder if you ever get a chance to own one you will love it too"

Safes most reliable vehicle ever owned

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pros: "Runs great and safe as can be"

Cons: "They have changed since 2001"

"My wife was involved in a high speed hydroplane on a curve, went off the road and remained upright. THe trooper who showed up said he had never seen a car go off the road here while hydroplaning and not roll over. This was the first. Car has been reliable since we purchased it in 2001."

MAJOR RECALL

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

"These SUVs and other nissan have major recall for rust in the strut housing. Nissans "fix" is stupid and not safe. We had our pathy replated and weather coated way better than their "recommended fix" costs us $800. Nissan wanted to unfix then refix but we said no, just wanted reimbursement. Long story short, the pathy was crushed. Buyer Beware!!! Owner beware!!!"

Awesome suv

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "Awesome to drive."

"I love it. I use it everyday and always have fun driving it. I have over 160,000 miles and its runs great and it will last for many years to come. I can't complain about it."

Simply one of the Best vehicles ever made

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Dependable and easy to Maintain"

Cons: "Better gas mileage would be great"

"I bought my Pathfinder new in 1998 with only 3 miles on it. It has far exceeded my expectations. I have over 371,000 original one Owner miles on it, and it still runs strong. I've invested time and money in keeping the maintenance up. I'm hoping to reach my goal of getting over 400,000 miles on it. I can't justify getting rid of my Pathfinder considering all the the major components on the vehicle are less than year old. I'm looking forward to many more miles in my Pathfinder."

best SUV on the road

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "very dependable/easy to maintain/beats a pick up"

Cons: "wish it got better gas mileage but it's not bad"

"I bought this car in 2001 and have literally driven it all across the US. This car has seen every state in the lower 48-some of them twice !! I hate to think I will eventually have to give it up. No major repairs/replacements - just well maintained and very well built. If only every vehicle was made like this one."

super vehicle

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Reason: I have other car

"Super"

Very good SUV

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Plastic bumpers"

"Bought this pathfinder ith150000 miles great reliable truck only did m Routine maintenance car now has 250000 would tell everyone looking for a SUV to go with pathfinder"

2002 Nissan Pathfinder se 4x4 Black/grey coth

By on Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pros: "Use to run great and still does whenit runs."

Cons: "No cons, good vehicle, plenty of power w 6 cyl."

"Ilove this car, I1st leased it and then boughtit.The car has been great to me,depenable,comfortable and like the snow in N.Y.I got ill in2008 and the car sat for 3-4 months with approx. 89,000 throught parts of winter.I came down 2 Tampa and had it shipped down here. When car got here it would smoke like crazy.Mechanic told me it's white smoke don't worry about it, 3 wks later motoer died with no oil in. I bought a used motor from Woodfins used auto parts w 89,000 and had a repair shop install it and have had 1 problem after another.Now it's 50 mls. away sitting repair shop and the mechanic saysit could be timming belt.I pad 2Gs 4 it another 2 to install it and now this happens.I'm lost and don't kno what 2 do, Mario of Tampa."

Best car ever owned

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "All"

"I was a GMC car lover until I had a very bad experience. After that I decided to try a car made in Japan. I started searching and I found about this SUV. I bought it 7 years ago with 125000 miles. I only change the timing belt at 150000 miles (belt was in perfect condition). Replace spark plugs at 210000 miles (Just to do some maintenance to the engine) It runs so good. No problems!!!!!! It is a solid, well built vehicle. Very reliable. Can't find a reason to replace it."

Solid!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "Durability, dependability"

Cons: "Gas consumption"

"I bought this car at about 60k miles. A friend of my GF's family was selling it. He is a no nonsense old Chinese mechanic. I was initially tentative and not all that impressed. He quickly lost patience and said "look, this is good car, you buy!" I bought it. I discovered his blunt words to be true. I've put a lot of pothole strewn city miles on this car in all weather conditions and only needed to change the front brake pads. It handles well and gives me all the power I need. It is the most dependable and durable vehicle I have ever owned. I bought it with the intentions of it being an interim ride, of moving on to another newer, "hotter" vehicle in short time. This plan has been extended indefinitely."

Great Vehicle!!!

By on Sunday, February 10, 2013

"This SUV has held up so well I'm considering keeping it instead of getting a new one and rebuilding the engine to push it another 150k."

98 Pathfinder SE - Great Reliable, Well Built SUV

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Solid, Quality Material, Hauling, Snow"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"I've owned this for 6 years, bought it with 85k from the second owner. I've performed the needed maintenance (brakes, belts, oil) but nothing major. Overall the car is great, heavy duty, awesome in the snow, comfortable and durable interior. I have the leather, heated seats, heated mirrors, I tow (heavy trailer loads) and it does great. I'm very impressed with this car and with 145k my mechanic thinks it'll go another 100k. I'm looking at buying a new car but I'm finding it hard to beat my good'ol pathfinder even if the gas mileage isn't so great at 15mpg."

Can't see me ever driving anything else!!!

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "Quality and reliable at a better price than toyota"

Cons: "can use gas and stock cd changer breaks always"

Next best thing to my wife and family!!!

"I bought this vehicle almost a year ago. Since have upgraded it with a 6" lift, 33" tires, custom bumpers and a winch. Installed a awesome sound system and presently, I could live in this suv I love it so much. Prior to mods and after it has handled great. Does very well off-roading, handles excellent in any weather condition so far. I feel very safe in my suv and trust that my 16 month old daughter is too while in the truck. I do regular maintenance on the vehicle and it has run very well without a hitch. During the lift I replaced all the brakes, rotors, struts, full tune up, cleaned the injectors, high quality air filter, pcv valve and catalytic converters. Most of which didn't need replacing but was in there so decided to take care of it all while it was disassembled. It has been great for a family vehicle, family of five, and for anything else being the seats fold down. Very comfortable and if your someone who gets cold easy, this heater will fry you in less then five mins from cold start in the dead of winter. It also has the strongest engine for it's year out of all the nissan's and toyota's in it's class and out. Last it does great on towing big or small things as I've done both. Overall highly recommend this for family, fun, daily driving, or purely recreational as it can be modified if you do your research."

Next best thing to my wife and family!!!

Solid and Fun to Drive

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Everything works. Solid, dependable vehicle."

Cons: "Occasionally the remote entry doesn't work."

"I bought this 6 years ago from the original owner and found it to be a really sturdy vehicle and extremely reliable. I've done the usual regular oil changes and water pump/timing belt at the recommended times and feel like it will run forever. Not sure what would make me sell it? No plans to, at the moment! :-)"

Less expensive than a 4Runner, just as capable!

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "Handles very well offroad, TONS of elbow room, fun"

Cons: "15MPG, Acceleration isnt impressive, Its a Unibody"

Not stock, but my version of the pathfinder I love.

"I bought it used and had a lot of work to do to build it up to what I wanted it to be, but now that its there, I love it! I couldnt afford a 4Runner on my college budget, but this has kept up with and performed more capably than the one I go offroading with. It eats gas, cant lie there, and it aint much in a race, but it powers through mud and up hills better than I would have ever thought! Great for winter driving. Its had a beating since I've owned it, but its stood up to everything I've put it through. The storage space is great since the seats fold down. Being a unibody instead of a body on frame design makes it hard to modify suspension-wise (lift). There are only a few options available to the Nissan off road enthusiast, and they are somewhat expensive. But as a college kid in a hick town I've loved this SUV and all its capable of. You'll likely need to change out the rear lower control arm bushings to get rid of a "death wobble" that comes from old factory bushings being worn out. Its a quick fix, and glad I did it because it was scary on the freeway when that sucker started to wobble. But for a lower base-price than the toyota, you can afford some fixing up. Hope this helps your decision."

Not stock, but my version of the pathfinder I love.

2001 Nissan Pathfinder

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "fair on good gas mileage"

"This vehicle I have owned since 2005 and it has been the best vehicle I ever owned, very reliable!!!!!! very little repairs and I have loved driving it. I am a nissan lover, owned 3 so far, this is my favorite.!!!"

Great car. Change the oil, runs forever.

By on Wednesday, July 04, 2012

"Bought 3 years old. The most reliable vehicle I have owned in 50 years. In 325,000 miles I had 3 mufflers, oil change every 3,000 miles,1 air intake valve and tires. I'll buy another. Radio has poor reception around overhead electrical wires."