2003 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 611 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

Like most Nissans, this one is amazing.

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "Attractive, economical, dependable"

Cons: "Doesn't hold value as well as it should"

"With regular scheduled maintenance, this car runs like new. It is nice to look at, drive, ride in, and it is cost-effective. I have never owned a bad Nissan."

I love it

By on Thursday, December 18, 2008

"Ive had my '01 LE 4x4 for a year now and absolutely love it. only problem was 02 sensors and mass air flow sensor...other then that...its been great. good performance for a medium sized SUV. handles good and is a blast to drive. going to really test it offroad in the coming weeks to see how it holds up off pavement... i would recommend this vehicle to everybody"

Sweet Car

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"This car is really awesome. The biggest complaint i have with it is the weak engine and high gear ratio. At 60 mph in 5th gear the RPMs are at 2800 and that causes poor gas mileage. its great for off-roading, towing, and just cruising around town with speed limits 45mph and under. Shift on the fly 4x4 is really sweet and reliable. the leather holds up for a long time. and the engine is forign and of course will last you a long time without trouble. (150,000 so for with me and no issues)"

My Die-Hard Pathfinder 2000

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"I purchased this vehicle new and with 100,000 miles of carefree bliss, how could I complain. At 8000 miles, oxygen sensor under warranty. 4th year, battery. No other repairs beyond ordinary fluid changes and tires. Due to mileage, having timing belt, water pump, oils seals and timing tensioner replaced as I type this. 17/23 mpg. Only complaints, rear suspension has a tendency to bottom out with three adults in back seat and the paint chips fairly easily on front of hood from road pebbles on highways."

best SUV on the road

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "very dependable/easy to maintain/beats a pick up"

Cons: "wish it got better gas mileage but it's not bad"

"I bought this car in 2001 and have literally driven it all across the US. This car has seen every state in the lower 48-some of them twice !! I hate to think I will eventually have to give it up. No major repairs/replacements - just well maintained and very well built. If only every vehicle was made like this one."

Sporty and Fun

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Great heated seats, sporty, depndable"

Cons: "Getting rusty"

"I bought my Pathfinder used over 2 years ago and I love driving it. I love the heated seats and am surprised by the power of this vehicle. My only complaint is that the front wheel wells are getting very rusty. I wash it often living in a salty state such as Wisconsin, but it looks awful. I do not want to get rid of it but would like it to look good as well."

Sorry, FORD and CHEVY!!!

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"My wife and I bought an '01 LE LOADED with only 66K miles on it in Sept of '06.It's the top model,leather,heated seats,6CD the WORKS. The 3.5L engine ROCKS!!! It's very smooth, and PEPPIER than my '03 Ford Explorer Sport 4.0L (but i LOVE that truck TOO!!).The Pathfinder was a GREAT deal for the money,and my wife is HARD on vehicles,and this truck has been GREAT for us. I like the '01-'04 style better than the new ones,( call me old school)and as a used vehicle, they are MUCH more affordable than the '05 and up. Only major problem we had was that the mass airflow sensor went out at 88K miles (common problem for MANY Nissan models I'm told), and it cost me a $1000 to fix (don't you know the 1 yr warranty we got just expired)! I just put all new shocks and struts in it ( only as regular maintenance -they weren't gone yet even at 97K miles)and it rides TIGHT as a NEW vehicle,even though my wife has put 32K miles on it in the last 18mo. My wife wanted a LEXUS RX 300 SUV, but this one fit the budget much better. (She STILL gives me grief about it!!) I think I like it BETTER than her, but she's OK with it now that we've had it awhile.We have a young child now,and I would recommend this vehicle to ANYONE,as it's a GREAT truck. Gas mileage is about 18/22mpg,not bad for a full-size SUV. Sorry to say, I LOVE American vehicles,but Nissan has beat Ford and Chevy with this one."

love my pathfinder

By on Saturday, April 05, 2008

"I would not buy another SUV, ever! This vehicle has been excellent to me. I've owned mine for 4 years. It's great in the snow and rain. The interior is comfortable and durable. Very reliable, never broken down. I even rolled my pathfinder in a winter stom and came out totally unharmed. I feel safe in this vehicle. A new roof and some new panels and it's as good as new."

Awesome suv

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "Awesome to drive."

"I love it. I use it everyday and always have fun driving it. I have over 160,000 miles and its runs great and it will last for many years to come. I can't complain about it."

Best car ever owned

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "All"

"I was a GMC car lover until I had a very bad experience. After that I decided to try a car made in Japan. I started searching and I found about this SUV. I bought it 7 years ago with 125000 miles. I only change the timing belt at 150000 miles (belt was in perfect condition). Replace spark plugs at 210000 miles (Just to do some maintenance to the engine) It runs so good. No problems!!!!!! It is a solid, well built vehicle. Very reliable. Can't find a reason to replace it."