2003 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 589 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "NEVER LET ME DOWN"

Cons: "SEATS COULD BE MORE COMFORTABLE,PRONE TO RUST"

"THIS IS THE ONLY VEHICLE THAT I HAVE EVER KEPT FOR MORE THAT 100,000 MILES. IN FACT MY PATHFINDER HAS 201,000 MILES ON IT AND IT RUNS LIKE A CLOCK. UNFORTUNATELY IT IS RUSTING A BIT BUT THEY ARE KNOWN FOR THAT. IT IS VIRTUALLY INDESTRUCTABLE. I HAD AN ACCIDENT WHERE THE VEHICLE WOUND UP ON ITS SIDE. WE RIGHTED IT CLEANED IT OFF, THE SIDEVIEW MIRROR WASN'T EVEN BROKEN,AND THE HIGHWAY PATROL COULDN'T BELIEVE THAT I WENT ON MY WAY. I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING ONE FOR MY DAUGHTER."

5 stars at 100k miles - great all around vehicle

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Driving comfort and performance"

Cons: "has lumbar adj but a bit more for long drives"

"I tried out many vehicles prior to purchasing the Platinum LE used, with 10k miles on it in 2005. To date I've put on 90k so the vehicle has 100k miles on it now. The one mechanical issue I've had was the neutral override swich required replacement at 80k. I have minimal rust despite the recall and salty MN winter roads, I keep it clean and regularly wash undercarriage which helps that lots. I purchased the vehicle due to superior interior styling, comfort, and interior capacity along with handling and engine performance and gas mileage. Other vehicles considered included the Grand Cherokee, Liberty, Durango, Lexus RX350, GMC Envoy, Honda Pilot and Infinity FX45. I paid more than I wanted at 24k but I'll likely be keeping it another 10 years. The interior 4WD swich works smoothly whenever required. and I use it to tow a 17.5 ft fiberglass fish and ski boat with a 115 hp ob motor on it in the summer, which it handles very well."

Great vehicle and great ride

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

"Four wheel drive with lots of recent maintenance! (over 5K) Great running condition. Perfect for the mountains or the desert. Fine car for your recent grad who needs a safe, reliable vehicle that with care will last many more years. The rear seats fold down for moving all that stuff back home or to the new apartment!"

Most Reliable Vehicle I've Ever Owned

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Low Maintenence"

Cons: "Gas and Break Pedals Stick"

"I got this Truck in 2006 after my 1999 Nissan Altima was destroyed in a car wreck. This truck has served me well. I got the Truck with 80,000 miles on it and now it has 195,000 miles on it and it is still running strong. I will be driving my Pathfinder until the wheels come off of it"

Was great for the 11 years I had it

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "durability"

Cons: "bad rust issue that cuts their life short"

"Very solid, dependable platform, that went through anything in stock trim. The oly time it let me down was when the distributor went and left me stranded. Easy fix though, enough in the bone yards now, so parts are plentiful. Unfortunately, while washing it this winter I noticed a huge hole around the base of the strut tower on the drivers side. There is a recall for this as the tower can come off and bind your steering shaft and knock your master cylinder off leaving the driver with no control. The recall has a fix where they pull your strut and attach a brace between the tower and the frame rail it attaches to. However, if it is determined that the rust has gone beyond the limits set by nissan, they will take your car, immediately get you a rental on nissan's dime and then you deal with nissans adjuster to come to an agreeable buyout, and then they scrap the car. This recall is for all of north america and from what I understand they do KBB plus any recent repairs and then some. I guess to preserve the pathfinder brand. It's too bad, I loved this suv, I'm sure there are some around that weren't hit by the rust out, and I really wouldn't be afraid to buy another sans the rust out. They are just that good, I only did regular maintenance IE oil changes, brakes never a catastrophic failure and I wasn't easy on it."

See if you qualify for