2002 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 617 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

Best SUV I have ever drove

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"I have been using this SUV since 1997 and put on over 200K miles. No major problems, just regular oil change after 3K miles. I have changed timing belt twice in 200K miles. It still runs like a rock."

Awesome suv

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "Awesome to drive."

"I love it. I use it everyday and always have fun driving it. I have over 160,000 miles and its runs great and it will last for many years to come. I can't complain about it."

Best car ever owned

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "All"

"I was a GMC car lover until I had a very bad experience. After that I decided to try a car made in Japan. I started searching and I found about this SUV. I bought it 7 years ago with 125000 miles. I only change the timing belt at 150000 miles (belt was in perfect condition). Replace spark plugs at 210000 miles (Just to do some maintenance to the engine) It runs so good. No problems!!!!!! It is a solid, well built vehicle. Very reliable. Can't find a reason to replace it."

2001 Nissan Pathfinder

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "fair on good gas mileage"

"This vehicle I have owned since 2005 and it has been the best vehicle I ever owned, very reliable!!!!!! very little repairs and I have loved driving it. I am a nissan lover, owned 3 so far, this is my favorite.!!!"

Nice while it lasted

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Size, Options,"

Cons: "Gas Mileage, Leg room,"

"I've never owned a Nissan before. When I purchase my Pathfinder it already had 80,000 miles on it. However, I was not concerned because I've always heard how reliable Nissan are. For the most part it is reliable. The leg room in the rear is very poor. Storage space in the back is great. The O2 sensor's go out on these vehicles often and are costly to replace. Almost $800 for all 4 sensors. I found out too late. Maybe on the new models this is not an issue anymore."

Good 4x4 vehicle, poor gas mileage

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"I have a 1999 LE pathfinder with automatic remote start. Everything works perfect and low maintenance. It runs great and is very roomy. It is so quiet that one can not tell how fast you are going. I live in VA and lately we have been getting lot of gusty winds and during these times the vehicle is so stable that it is surprising at times. The only complaint I have is that it gives poor gas mileage, but oh well it is an SUV."

Wife's and she likes it. Theres' 90%. Ax Engineers

By on Saturday, May 30, 2015

"Overall, this has been a very reliable vehicle that has nice looks, comfort and features...for the year. It is packed with the same engine-3.5-used in the infinity...and it has way more power than one would need under normal driving, which I like immensely. Very roomy interior and ok (not great) visibility as headrests in rear impede view from undersized hatch window (what WERE they thinking?. On the down side, the engineering of some of the components is annoying to say the least, I mean, who ever heard of trailing arm (front and rear) bushings wearing out to the extent that the condition has become synonymous with the vehicle on repair forums, and not a very flattering term-death roll-which results in unacceptable swaying of the body at speeds >55mph w/ potential for rollover. Anyone in back seat has already threatened physical violence unless you slow or let them out, in the time it takes to escalate to the level of a threat to those in the front. I guess it's more pronounced in the rear. Yep, No alignment shop could find the problem (my victory, w/ help from above). CD (Clarion) changer is wont to take a dive on these, alarm fob, clock, A/C, and engine control aka "CHECK ENGINE LIGHT", related components have contributed to more afternoons under the hood than I had expected-MAF sensor, recently bank 1 o2 sensor #2 replaced (I guess that's really all the ECM issues in six years of ownership, hard on front brakes, and tires (Michelins (is there any other?)at Costco run around $700 OTD. Would I buy another?????????Depends on the deal. I might try Toyota for better engineering, as the above mentioned problems were challenging even for the dealer to diagnose, and I ultimately troubleshot and repaired (former mech)."

I love this Pathfinder

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

"It is a tank I've had 3 wrecks and it still ran GREAT. It go's VERY good in the snow,rain. I love the Pathfinder if you ever get a chance to own one you will love it too"

Best Year for this SUV

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, great in snow, never lets me down"

Cons: "Windshields are prone to damage. Be happy w/ 18mpg"

"I've put over 180,000 miles on this rig since 2003. Changed the fluids, changed the tires. Couple of years ago I put about $1,500 into it to bring it up to speed on maintenance. Car has never let me down. Only issues have been the rear wiper is touchy, the windshield is prone to cracks and I need to reconnect the left speakers. Love the interior and heated mirrors. Seating is great. Engine is really strong. Tranny has been great, while I'm on my 3rd for my Accord. After 2003, Nissan started making changes and my friends with new models notice the interior isn't as nice or as comfortable and the 2003 engine/tranny are much better. I get between 17 - 19 mph overall. 19-21 on hwy if you keep your foot out of it. I work my SUVs hard and I'm hoping to get another 100,000 miles out of the Pathfinder."

love it, bought it new, rear window break light

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

"rear window break light fell loose this week. This is the 1st repair ever required, replaced belts when they started squeaking, new brakes and rotors only veryyyyyyyy reliable car, had it 10 years plan on keeping it at least 10 more"