2002 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 620 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

Most fun car I've ever driven

By on Saturday, June 14, 2008

"I'd take this car anywhere. I bought it over three years ago, even with over 100k miles, but had no qualms at all about the higher mileage. It feels solid and handles much better than similar vehicles in its class, especially the domestic SUVs (sorry Ford, Chevy, Dodge and all the other US mfgrs). This car has been driven around town, cross country and to the mountains and has proven to be a comfortable, versatile and reliable vehicle. With the wide tires and low center of gravity, it hugs turns like no other 4WD I've driven. Pickup is good, though the engine is just a tad noisy on acceleration. All power equipment functions without a hitch, and the body integrity is good. The interior is roomy and comfortable, and the console is very user-friendly. Though this Pathfinder is nearly 11 years old, it looks, rides and drives like new. In the time I've owned it, it's required only routine maintenance, and the way it's running now and with continued care I'd expect it to easily go another 100k or more. The only drawback is the not-so-great gas mileage (15 city/18-19 hwy). Nissans don't have the name-brand punch of a Toyota, though I'm not sure why. I'd put this car up against any 4Runner or Highlander. All in all, it's been a great vehicle for the money and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one or recommend it to a friend."

love my pathfinder

By on Saturday, April 05, 2008

"I would not buy another SUV, ever! This vehicle has been excellent to me. I've owned mine for 4 years. It's great in the snow and rain. The interior is comfortable and durable. Very reliable, never broken down. I even rolled my pathfinder in a winter stom and came out totally unharmed. I feel safe in this vehicle. A new roof and some new panels and it's as good as new."

best SUV on the road

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "very dependable/easy to maintain/beats a pick up"

Cons: "wish it got better gas mileage but it's not bad"

"I bought this car in 2001 and have literally driven it all across the US. This car has seen every state in the lower 48-some of them twice !! I hate to think I will eventually have to give it up. No major repairs/replacements - just well maintained and very well built. If only every vehicle was made like this one."

Solid!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "Durability, dependability"

Cons: "Gas consumption"

"I bought this car at about 60k miles. A friend of my GF's family was selling it. He is a no nonsense old Chinese mechanic. I was initially tentative and not all that impressed. He quickly lost patience and said "look, this is good car, you buy!" I bought it. I discovered his blunt words to be true. I've put a lot of pothole strewn city miles on this car in all weather conditions and only needed to change the front brake pads. It handles well and gives me all the power I need. It is the most dependable and durable vehicle I have ever owned. I bought it with the intentions of it being an interim ride, of moving on to another newer, "hotter" vehicle in short time. This plan has been extended indefinitely."

Nice while it lasted

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Size, Options,"

Cons: "Gas Mileage, Leg room,"

"I've never owned a Nissan before. When I purchase my Pathfinder it already had 80,000 miles on it. However, I was not concerned because I've always heard how reliable Nissan are. For the most part it is reliable. The leg room in the rear is very poor. Storage space in the back is great. The O2 sensor's go out on these vehicles often and are costly to replace. Almost $800 for all 4 sensors. I found out too late. Maybe on the new models this is not an issue anymore."