2002 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 604 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

Great CAR!

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

"I have owned my Nissan Pathfinder for 14 years! Amazing. Engine is perfect! Alternator perfect! Only thing that has glitched is the Bose sound system. I love this car still riding strong and it has 197,000 miles on it!"

Most dependable car I've ever owned!

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "dependability, versatile, gas mileage, 4x4"

Cons: "sluggish on hills"

"I researched like heck before purchasing the pathfinder. Needed a midsize SUV capable of towing, good on gas with a low track history of breakdowns. It came down to the Pathfinder and the toyota 4runner. The pathfinder is outstanding in the snow, especially New England weather with mix of ice etc. Its slow getting up on the highway but you cant expect a hemi motor from a 3.3 V6. Parking is great with good visibility all around, no bad blind spots like with larger SUV's. Suspension rides like a car with the convenance of going off roading and not worrying about tearing something out underneath the body. Ive crossed the country with mine, stacked 24' ladders on the roof racks, gone 4-wheeling, and all the little errands in between. This car is a workhorse! ** For anyone that doesnt know, There was a recall on this vehicle for the front strut tower housing. The metal used to manufacture the body can not withstand road salt and corrodes, causing the strut to push up though the body and against the steering column (usually drivers side). I had mine fixed before the recall occurred. Nissan re-imbursed me in full. They also will fix the issue at any dealer if you buy one that hasnt been corrected. this recall affected 1998-1999 vehicles. Overall though, its a great, well made car. Im about to finally sell mine, but I will not hesitate to ever tell anyone what a great overall dependable vehicle this has been."

Worst of 4 Pathfinders I have owned!

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "Don't use much!"

Cons: "Not a good ride!"

"Has had numerous pickey things would not expect to deal with. Having a door rehung? And no accident so not cause. Multi CD player went out early and reviews said don't bother would break again! Too much sensor replacement! And not cheap! Each succeeding Pathfinder I have had has been worse than the last. l987 was wonderful! My last one for sure."

Great, great car

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Pros: "Great all around car."

Cons: "Seats not great for people over 5'11""

"I bought my 2001 Nissan Pathfinder new 14 years ago and absolutely love it. It's great in the snow, has plenty of power (in general and uphill), pulls a boat better than an Excursion, fits an impressive amount of cargo, is comfortable, etc. The only work I've ever needed to have done to it is routine maintenance and it runs great. I'm keeping this one!"

Come check it out, make an offer

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

"New tires, new brake pads, Bose Stereo System, CD and Cassette play."