2001 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 634 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

Sorry, FORD and CHEVY!!!

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"My wife and I bought an '01 LE LOADED with only 66K miles on it in Sept of '06.It's the top model,leather,heated seats,6CD the WORKS. The 3.5L engine ROCKS!!! It's very smooth, and PEPPIER than my '03 Ford Explorer Sport 4.0L (but i LOVE that truck TOO!!).The Pathfinder was a GREAT deal for the money,and my wife is HARD on vehicles,and this truck has been GREAT for us. I like the '01-'04 style better than the new ones,( call me old school)and as a used vehicle, they are MUCH more affordable than the '05 and up. Only major problem we had was that the mass airflow sensor went out at 88K miles (common problem for MANY Nissan models I'm told), and it cost me a $1000 to fix (don't you know the 1 yr warranty we got just expired)! I just put all new shocks and struts in it ( only as regular maintenance -they weren't gone yet even at 97K miles)and it rides TIGHT as a NEW vehicle,even though my wife has put 32K miles on it in the last 18mo. My wife wanted a LEXUS RX 300 SUV, but this one fit the budget much better. (She STILL gives me grief about it!!) I think I like it BETTER than her, but she's OK with it now that we've had it awhile.We have a young child now,and I would recommend this vehicle to ANYONE,as it's a GREAT truck. Gas mileage is about 18/22mpg,not bad for a full-size SUV. Sorry to say, I LOVE American vehicles,but Nissan has beat Ford and Chevy with this one."

Best SUV I have ever drove

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"I have been using this SUV since 1997 and put on over 200K miles. No major problems, just regular oil change after 3K miles. I have changed timing belt twice in 200K miles. It still runs like a rock."

Awesome suv

By on Monday, April 1, 2013

Pros: "Awesome to drive."

"I love it. I use it everyday and always have fun driving it. I have over 160,000 miles and its runs great and it will last for many years to come. I can't complain about it."

2001 Nissan Pathfinder

By on Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "fair on good gas mileage"

"This vehicle I have owned since 2005 and it has been the best vehicle I ever owned, very reliable!!!!!! very little repairs and I have loved driving it. I am a nissan lover, owned 3 so far, this is my favorite.!!!"

Good 4x4 vehicle, poor gas mileage

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"I have a 1999 LE pathfinder with automatic remote start. Everything works perfect and low maintenance. It runs great and is very roomy. It is so quiet that one can not tell how fast you are going. I live in VA and lately we have been getting lot of gusty winds and during these times the vehicle is so stable that it is surprising at times. The only complaint I have is that it gives poor gas mileage, but oh well it is an SUV."