2001 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 603 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

I'd Buy it new if I could go back in time

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "plenty of power, bose sound system"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE"

"Purchased this Platinum Edition model a month ago from a hyundai dealer and love it. It was a one owner car and boy did they keep up with every little thing on it. the 3.5 v6 makes it seems like a high riding maxima but with more space, steering input is spot on and fit and finish is better than most new cars. Friend of mine's mom bought a 2014 rav4 and i'd take this 10 year old pathfinder over that car any day. though gas milage does leave more to be desired but hey this body style was introduced in 96 when gas was actually somewhat affordable. if you want a pathfinder, definitely consider an 03-04."

very reliable. Excellent in snow conditions.

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

"Excellent vehicle. This year Pathfinder is smaller and more reliable than new models."

Great car for 13 years.

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Reason: at this mileage things go wrong

"I loved my car until it got to about 130000 mi les. Then repairs started adding up. Up until then, it was absolutely reliable."

267,000 miles and still going strong

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "great acceleration, reliable, great in snow"

Cons: "prone to underbody rust"

"I have been driving for over 30 years and this is one of the most dependable vehicles I have ever owned. The acceleration is great and I have never been stranded in a snow storm! I was rear-ended (hard!) about 6 years ago, and sustained over $6000. in body damage...my insurance fixed the vehicle and I continued to drive it with no problems. I have owned this vehicle for 12 years and I am considering selling it now only because I want 3 seats and a built in navigation system."

I Love This Vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and durable"

Cons: "Poor Mileage"

"Best, most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It has 257,000 miles on it and hasn't needed any major repairs. Tranny still good. Spent some money on getting oil leaks repaired over the years, but consider that fairly typical for the use it's gotten. The Unified Meter Control (Cluster), $365, was replaced about 2 years ago because the dashboard gauges went out, and the only time it didn't start right up for me was when the Distributor Assembly failed, bad ignition coil, needed to be replaced at 247,000 miles. Gas mileage was poor at 13 miles per gallon. Very reliable, well made, and love the vehicle."

Stunning what this vehicle has endured

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

"I bought it with 50k on it in 2004, put another 280k on it since then. Except for brakes, rear stabilizer bars and irresponsibly long periods between oil changes - this veghicle has NEVER been in the shop for repair. I'm finally going to sell it just because I need something with better mileage (Altima now, I won't leave Nissan). I felt the LEAST I could do was to type a few words in praise of an amazing companion who NEVER let me down for even a second. Godspeed, you wonderful creature."

great all around

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "everything really"

Cons: "not a huge fan of the cup holders"

"super reliable, very low upkeep, and drives great in all conditions"

Best vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, roomy; gas mileage not bad."

Cons: "Some signs of aging"

dealer pic

"My Pathfinder is dear to my heart. It is the most reliable, comfortable car I've ever owned. I've used 4-whl drive one time in the snow in Yosemite - handled beautifully. I've replaced the timing belt and done regular upkeep with my local mechanic. It has a new CD/tape/radio and a new set of speakers. The interior is good, but the plastic coating on the wood insets are beginning to deteriorate. Upholstery is good. Still looks great after a wash; small flaw in the paint on the hood where the weather is catching up. It's not new, but is still a very nice, dependable vehicle. I am a granny; don't need a vehicle this size any longer."

dealer pic

Amazing car, Reliable, great traveling car.

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Family Car, Sound System amazing, great price."

Cons: "slow window,mileage,few scratches."

"This car has been in my family for over 10 years and still runs like its brand new, its clean and spacious, the AC and Heater still work (takes time to warm up). The brakes are amazing they take some time to get used to because of how sensitive they are. Just had a check up (10/13/14) will need a new one (1/13/15). Fairly new tires put in the beginning of 2014.The left front window rolls up a little slower then the rest in the winter but still works. The only reason I am trying to sell it is because i go to school and my car isn't very gas efficient for a college student it is more of a family oriented car. Other then that i love my car and if i had a better paying job i would definitely keep it around. The exterior has a couple bumps and scratches but nothing terribly visible."

Great CAR!

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

"I have owned my Nissan Pathfinder for 14 years! Amazing. Engine is perfect! Alternator perfect! Only thing that has glitched is the Bose sound system. I love this car still riding strong and it has 197,000 miles on it!"