2001 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 580 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Was great for the 11 years I had it

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "durability"

Cons: "bad rust issue that cuts their life short"

"Very solid, dependable platform, that went through anything in stock trim. The oly time it let me down was when the distributor went and left me stranded. Easy fix though, enough in the bone yards now, so parts are plentiful. Unfortunately, while washing it this winter I noticed a huge hole around the base of the strut tower on the drivers side. There is a recall for this as the tower can come off and bind your steering shaft and knock your master cylinder off leaving the driver with no control. The recall has a fix where they pull your strut and attach a brace between the tower and the frame rail it attaches to. However, if it is determined that the rust has gone beyond the limits set by nissan, they will take your car, immediately get you a rental on nissan's dime and then you deal with nissans adjuster to come to an agreeable buyout, and then they scrap the car. This recall is for all of north america and from what I understand they do KBB plus any recent repairs and then some. I guess to preserve the pathfinder brand. It's too bad, I loved this suv, I'm sure there are some around that weren't hit by the rust out, and I really wouldn't be afraid to buy another sans the rust out. They are just that good, I only did regular maintenance IE oil changes, brakes never a catastrophic failure and I wasn't easy on it."

The 200 Pathfinder is an overall exceptional value

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Excellent in snow"

Cons: "Not too many bells and whistles"

"I just love the car and am considering getting the new 2014 pathfinder."

An incredibly reliable and worthy vehicle

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Great sytling and incrediby reliability."

Cons: "Wish I could get better gas mileage."

"I bought my 1997 Nissan Pathfinder back in 2011 with 257,000 miles on it. I have done regular maintenance and it has never let me down in my near three years of owning it. It rides great, the interior is well made and it is quite a good looking vehicle. I was so impressed with the quality and reliability of my 97 that I bought an 03 today. I know I will be able to get much more use out of my 97 Pathfinder. My 03 will also last me a very long time as well too."

Best overall !

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Nothing"

"Nissan hit it out of the park with this model, comfortable,safe, drives smoothly and saves you at the pump. Newer models can't compete with this one. Maintenance is a dream, as long as you do it's regular oil changes it will keep going. Sub Compact which means it's not oversized so you save on tire prices and it fits everywhere. 3.5 L engine V6 very fast and not noisy at all, revs up fast. Can't beat it!"

Love my 1999.5 Pathfinder!

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and responsive."

Cons: "Poor gas milage."

"I got the 1999.5 brand new when the body style changed, so it is essentially a 2000 model. I owned the vehicle for 14 years, and it's been extremely reliable. I've not had anything wrong with the engine. The power windows now are getting slow. I really like the car, and I wish I can buy another one just like it brand new. (Sorry that Nissan has changed the new Pathfinder model to a cross over!) The gas milage is not great, and the seats over long distance get a little uncomfortable. They could use more padding and lumbar support."

Minor Maintenance, Great ride, 4WD

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "not too expensive, luxurious, decent gas mileage,"

Cons: "belt driven cooling fan is a pain, more power"

"I had to replace the oil cooler seals and the alternator right off the bat buying this used, but it runs strong and the 4WD has got me through some sticky and slippery situations. I owned a 1999.5 Pathfinder (and still do), but it's previous owner did not take care of it and rust pretty much claimed it. These are great cars and work really well for commuting on the road, or running through the woods on muddy trails. They have a decent towing capacity and can pull a mid-sized camper with ease. They are reliable and as long as you take care of them, will last forever."

easy & comfortable to drive, best vehicle ever

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "FUNE 6 EASY TO DRIVE - POWER WINDOWS, BOUGHT NEW"

Cons: "NO GPS"

"EASY TO GET INTO TO. TINTED WINDOWS & VISORS, TOP RACK FOR EXTRA STORAGE, BACK SEATS FOLD DOWN FOR EASY PACKING. SIDE RAILS, BACK WINDOW OPEN IF NEEDED WITH OUT OPENING WHOLE BACK DOOR, 6 CD & CASSETE AM FM RADIO, AUTO LIGHTS, CAN LOCK WINDOWS AIR BAGS BOTH FRONT SIDES. FLOOR MATS LATCH, AUTOMATIC,CRUISE CONTROL, FRONT & BACK WIND SHEILD WIPER/WASHERS - SLOW FAST & INDERMEDIANT WIPERS,CAN CHANGE VOLUME ON STEERING WHEEL & CRUISE, CUP HOLDERS SIDE DOOR STORAGE & CONSOLE 2 SECTION STORAGE, GLOVE COMPARTMENT, BACK SEAT HAS ARM REST IF NEEDED, ASH TRAY IF NEEDED."

Great reliable vehicle

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Super comfortable, excellent 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "Hard on gas"

"Bought this for the true 4wd and love it. Super easy to drive, drives like a car. Has great pick up with the 3.5 automatic and is smooth on the highway. A little hard on gas (average 16 to 17 mpg) but for the power it makes sense."

Great vehicle....

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Reason: Fuel milage not high enough

Pros: "Everything but that fuel mileage."

Cons: "fuel mileage, still not bad at 19mpg."

"I sold this car today because I needed something with better gas mileage. Due to moving my commute increased from 24 miles round trip to 50 miles round trip. This was strictly a fuel mileage sale. I absolutely loved that vehicle and am sad that I had to sell it. I would have had to improve my driveway in order to keep it. My new car is paying for itself."

Car is not worth the time.

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Good drive tran"

Cons: "everything"

"I have had this car for about a year I am the second owner and I have had to put in so much work in this car everything that can go wrong has gone wrong. The mass air intake went out stalled on me continuously in the middle of traffic. All of the O2 sensors have gone out. The way the exhaust was built on the car was stupid, my heat shield on the exhaust has rusted and now it rattles every time I speed up. If the exhaust has any holes in it it will melt anything you have on the under side of the car. Granted the car has some good qualities to it but most of them are out weighed by the problems. Nissans are thought to be good cars like toyota but I will not be buying another one."

Best value

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "dependable, safe, solid"

Cons: "rust through after 8 years or so"

"We purchased a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder SE brand new 15 years ago. Still driving it in year 2013. Has 86,000 miles on it. Minimal repairs, great ride, people still ask if we got a new car it looks so good. (Probably because it's always been garaged.) Only downside is the rust-through which we had removed. Mileage has always been poor, but it is such solid, safe SUV we don't really care. It's now being used as our 2nd car and will keep it until a major repair is required."

174,574 miles and counting!

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Great value!"

Cons: "Center of weight too high."

"This car has only cosmetic and wear and tear damages from long term use, but when we talk about engine and transmission it will last forever. If you own one you know what I mean. This car acts like it doesn't understand aging, literally. As long as you keep changing all those fluids the life of a Pathfinder will keep extending until who knows when. I will volunteer my car to see how many miles you can get out of it. I have decided I'm keeping it forever. That's how satisfied I am about this vehicle. - Roberto Addarich"

A real life saver...

By on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pros: "Excellent safety, comfy, driver friendly..."

Cons: "A little hard on fuel, but high on safety !!"

"My daughter flipped our pathfinder end over end in sept'2013 - she opened the door and walked away. After the tow truck flipped it onto the wheels we found that all 4 doors opened and closed, the winshield was still intact,and all the lights worked (except one signal that broke). a couple of beat up body panels, bent the hatch, and slightly tapered roof in the back corner. The police said that I would even be allowed to drive it home !(didn't though because there was too much oil in the air breather... I'm sold on Nissan now, I think it saved her life."

One of my favorite cars I have owned.

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "I love this car! Great driving, comfortable."

"I love this car. Very comfortable. Roomy. Good gas mileage. Fun to drive. The only reason I am selling it is because we have 2 cars and don't want to insure 3 cars."

Hardworking, reliable vehicle!

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "A dependable drive, very powerful"

Cons: "Not so great mph, leather upholstery frays easily"

"Bought a 2003 model in 2006, and it has served us extremely well. It's not glamorous, but it's very powerful on the highway --especially here in Texas where the speed limit is 85 mph, and the traffic is crazy!"

Absolutely the BEST car ever

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, strong, large storage box"

Cons: "only 5 seats"

"We owned this car for 6 years now, and can't be more satisfied with its performance. We bought it from its first owner in 2007, with about 60000 miles. Now after more than 134000 miles and 2 accidents, still runs great! We never had any mechanical issue with it, only cosmetic and routine wear and tear! It is very strong and comfortable for delivery business and travel. We're a family of 4 with 2 boys, and very active and athletic life! This car never let us down! We're already planning to buy the new 7 seats pathfinder! and of course keeping this one for business purposes."

The best most reliable and comfortable vehicle

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "Great durability, great comfort."

Cons: "No cons. This is very definitely the best vehicle"

"Our 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE has been the most trouble-free vehicle we've ever owned, and I am 62 years old now. They just don't get any better than this."

One Owner maintained regularly

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

"It had to be a reliable and safe vehicle to transport 3 kids."

Not The Best

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

"Third Pathfinder and '87 was terrific! With each succeeding one more problems. Things you don't expect to go wrong! A door that needing new hinges? The Bose system went out early and did not repair based on input from others as did not stay repaired. Nit pickey stuff! Sensors on going battle! Poor gas mileage."

Best

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, especially in the snow."

"I have always loved the Pathfinder from the first time I saw one and now that I own one, I would say I am pleased with the car. The second best car that I have owned- the first was my Acura Integra '91."

I love this vehicle!

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

"We purchased our 2001 Nissan Pathfinder in 2005 as a certified pre-owned vehicle from a dealer who also provided us with the Carfax report which was very good. We have owned the truck for 8 years and have never had one major problem. We have performed routine oil changes, replaced the tires a couple of times, and have only had to take care a of few minor repairs such as replacing a fan. I highly recommend buying a Nissan. It is extremely reliable."

I love this Pathfinder

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

"It is a tank I've had 3 wrecks and it still ran GREAT. It go's VERY good in the snow,rain. I love the Pathfinder if you ever get a chance to own one you will love it too"

Safes most reliable vehicle ever owned

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pros: "Runs great and safe as can be"

Cons: "They have changed since 2001"

"My wife was involved in a high speed hydroplane on a curve, went off the road and remained upright. THe trooper who showed up said he had never seen a car go off the road here while hydroplaning and not roll over. This was the first. Car has been reliable since we purchased it in 2001."

MAJOR RECALL

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

"These SUVs and other nissan have major recall for rust in the strut housing. Nissans "fix" is stupid and not safe. We had our pathy replated and weather coated way better than their "recommended fix" costs us $800. Nissan wanted to unfix then refix but we said no, just wanted reimbursement. Long story short, the pathy was crushed. Buyer Beware!!! Owner beware!!!"

Awesome suv

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "Awesome to drive."

"I love it. I use it everyday and always have fun driving it. I have over 160,000 miles and its runs great and it will last for many years to come. I can't complain about it."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25