2000 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 589 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

Previous | 1 ... 57 58 59 | Next

Wonderful ride

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"I bought my Pathfinder used from a dealer. I have driven it about 35,000 miles since with absolutly no complaints. I have needed only minor repairs. Best ride of any vehicle I have ever owned. Plenty of power and nice styling too."

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"I have the 2004 pathfinder, great truck, except for squeaky belts. I have to say, that is the ONLY issue I have ever had. I brought it back to Nissan, they tighten it the first time, replaced it the second. Now at 40K miles, it still squeaks on and off - I leave it alone, doesn't seem to be harming the car. Otherwise, no complaints. Will definitely buy another nissan (waiting for the next new Pathfinder, not crazy about the 05 and up model)."

Reliable and sturdy but...

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"It's been a good reliable vehicle with room for lugage and small amounts of building supplies when the rear seats folded down. The roof rack is sturdy and comes in handy more often than you may think. The cab is not too small and not too big. Seating is fairly comfortable. Drawbacks include lack of logical size storage compartments equals some wasted space and the center armrest/storage compartment is awkward to access. The factory Bose sound system in the 02' model sounds muddy and lacks punch and brilliance. The 6 CD changer works quickly but does not make up for the lackluster Bose system. Also I've heard there are inherent issues with the exaust catalatic converter that the factory is denying is a factory defect. The cruise control activation buttons do not luminate at night and neither do the window control buttons. Night time inside lighting could have been designed better as well. 17-18 mpg"

I Love It !!

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"I bought my pathfinder used about 2 months ago. In the first month I put 2000 miles on it taking vacations over the summer. I thought that it did good on gas (about 350 miles) on the highway and it drove really nice. This is a nice looking vehicle and I hope to have many years of great performance. This one is 5 years old and everything is still in great working order and very clean. Runs like a champ."

powerful machine

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"2001 pf se with 5speed manual i love the power of this beast. suspension is great too. too bad the 17 mpg wasn't so great in today's $3.3/gallon. too bad the new generation don't have manual transmission anymore. just my opinion, i think pf looks better than the 4runner. it looks wider and shorter and more masculine. took it on a trip to carmel once and averaged about 20mpg. this car doesn't need premium though it is "recommended". it runs just fine on 87 i am keeping this pf as a long-trip and cargo hauler. i use my motorcycle for commute to work and school"

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I've had a 2001 Pathfinder LE that I bought new in 2001.Its been a great car. I have 135,000 miles as of 7/10/07. Ive done barely any work on it. I replaced the brake pads the first time at 95,000 miles, and I had to replace a wheel bearing around 110K, its comfy, has decent pickup and always reliable, would definately buy another."

You won't be sorry!

By on Sunday, July 08, 2007

"I've only had to take the Pathfinder to the garage 2 times...not bad for a 6 year old vehicle. The only indication that something was wrong was the check engine light coming on. The vehicle never lost any power or had any other sign of something being wrong. Both times, it was only a sensor that had gone bad and had to be replaced. I'm very pleased with my Pathfinder and definitely would purchase another Nissan without hesitation."

Very good!

By on Saturday, July 07, 2007

"The Pathfinder is a few flaws away from being an excellent car. Great styling, very comfortable, roomy, and good hauling capacity are a plus. On the minus side, a weak engine and poor fuel economy are the major culprits. I get about 15 mpg in mixed driving, and 20 mpg on the highway. The car has been extremely reliable, even with previously poor maintenance. Make sure you replace the shocks and struts if they are worn; this made a huge difference in ride and handling. A persistent "service engine soon" light for the oxygen sensor has a TSB out on it with a repair kit to fix the problem. If you don't ford rivers, removing the stock air snorkel will improve throttle response. Believe me, this car needs all the help it can get in the acceleration department. However, the older VG33E engine seems to be more reliable than the newer engines, and this has never given me a problem despite my complaints about it being underpowered. Not much aftermarket support here, I'm sorry to say, because it would help fix the car's flaws. Watch out for broken exhaust pipes; they tend to rust and break above the rear axle, and replacement parts aren't cheap. All in all, I can throw in cargo, friends, and whatever else I might be hauling, and take them anywhere without any worries. Definitely worth a look."

Previous | 1 ... 57 58 59 | Next