1999 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 612 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

Solid and Fun to Drive

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Everything works. Solid, dependable vehicle."

Cons: "Occasionally the remote entry doesn't work."

"I bought this 6 years ago from the original owner and found it to be a really sturdy vehicle and extremely reliable. I've done the usual regular oil changes and water pump/timing belt at the recommended times and feel like it will run forever. Not sure what would make me sell it? No plans to, at the moment! :-)"

I Love This Vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and durable"

Cons: "Poor Mileage"

"Best, most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It has 257,000 miles on it and hasn't needed any major repairs. Tranny still good. Spent some money on getting oil leaks repaired over the years, but consider that fairly typical for the use it's gotten. The Unified Meter Control (Cluster), $365, was replaced about 2 years ago because the dashboard gauges went out, and the only time it didn't start right up for me was when the Distributor Assembly failed, bad ignition coil, needed to be replaced at 247,000 miles. Gas mileage was poor at 13 miles per gallon. Very reliable, well made, and love the vehicle."

Simply one of the Best vehicles ever made

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Dependable and easy to Maintain"

Cons: "Better gas mileage would be great"

"I bought my Pathfinder new in 1998 with only 3 miles on it. It has far exceeded my expectations. I have over 371,000 original one Owner miles on it, and it still runs strong. I've invested time and money in keeping the maintenance up. I'm hoping to reach my goal of getting over 400,000 miles on it. I can't justify getting rid of my Pathfinder considering all the the major components on the vehicle are less than year old. I'm looking forward to many more miles in my Pathfinder."

Less expensive than a 4Runner, just as capable!

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "Handles very well offroad, TONS of elbow room, fun"

Cons: "15MPG, Acceleration isnt impressive, Its a Unibody"

Not stock, but my version of the pathfinder I love.

"I bought it used and had a lot of work to do to build it up to what I wanted it to be, but now that its there, I love it! I couldnt afford a 4Runner on my college budget, but this has kept up with and performed more capably than the one I go offroading with. It eats gas, cant lie there, and it aint much in a race, but it powers through mud and up hills better than I would have ever thought! Great for winter driving. Its had a beating since I've owned it, but its stood up to everything I've put it through. The storage space is great since the seats fold down. Being a unibody instead of a body on frame design makes it hard to modify suspension-wise (lift). There are only a few options available to the Nissan off road enthusiast, and they are somewhat expensive. But as a college kid in a hick town I've loved this SUV and all its capable of. You'll likely need to change out the rear lower control arm bushings to get rid of a "death wobble" that comes from old factory bushings being worn out. Its a quick fix, and glad I did it because it was scary on the freeway when that sucker started to wobble. But for a lower base-price than the toyota, you can afford some fixing up. Hope this helps your decision."

Not stock, but my version of the pathfinder I love.

Best vehicle ever!!!

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

Pros: "reliablilty, great to drive, no expensive fixes, looks good"

Cons: "a bit loud, road noise, gas mileage"

"I've owned this Pathfinder for 13 yrs, I absolutely love it. I used it for my winter car for many years, I've driven other vehicles in the warmer months but when those were gone I always went back to my Pathfinder. Gas mileage could be better but I can't say enough about everything else. Tires, windshield wipers and batteries is where most of my money was spent, very reliable, hasn't nickel and dimed me, started every time in 30- winters without being plugged in or sitting in a garage. Great ride, handles wonderfully. Superb in the snow!! I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a fabulous 4 wheel drive vehicle."