1998 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 634 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

Sweet Car

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"This car is really awesome. The biggest complaint i have with it is the weak engine and high gear ratio. At 60 mph in 5th gear the RPMs are at 2800 and that causes poor gas mileage. its great for off-roading, towing, and just cruising around town with speed limits 45mph and under. Shift on the fly 4x4 is really sweet and reliable. the leather holds up for a long time. and the engine is forign and of course will last you a long time without trouble. (150,000 so for with me and no issues)"

Best car ever owned

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "All"

"I was a GMC car lover until I had a very bad experience. After that I decided to try a car made in Japan. I started searching and I found about this SUV. I bought it 7 years ago with 125000 miles. I only change the timing belt at 150000 miles (belt was in perfect condition). Replace spark plugs at 210000 miles (Just to do some maintenance to the engine) It runs so good. No problems!!!!!! It is a solid, well built vehicle. Very reliable. Can't find a reason to replace it."

I love it

By on Thursday, December 18, 2008

"Ive had my '01 LE 4x4 for a year now and absolutely love it. only problem was 02 sensors and mass air flow sensor...other then that...its been great. good performance for a medium sized SUV. handles good and is a blast to drive. going to really test it offroad in the coming weeks to see how it holds up off pavement... i would recommend this vehicle to everybody"

My Die-Hard Pathfinder 2000

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"I purchased this vehicle new and with 100,000 miles of carefree bliss, how could I complain. At 8000 miles, oxygen sensor under warranty. 4th year, battery. No other repairs beyond ordinary fluid changes and tires. Due to mileage, having timing belt, water pump, oils seals and timing tensioner replaced as I type this. 17/23 mpg. Only complaints, rear suspension has a tendency to bottom out with three adults in back seat and the paint chips fairly easily on front of hood from road pebbles on highways."

Most fun car I've ever driven

By on Saturday, June 14, 2008

"I'd take this car anywhere. I bought it over three years ago, even with over 100k miles, but had no qualms at all about the higher mileage. It feels solid and handles much better than similar vehicles in its class, especially the domestic SUVs (sorry Ford, Chevy, Dodge and all the other US mfgrs). This car has been driven around town, cross country and to the mountains and has proven to be a comfortable, versatile and reliable vehicle. With the wide tires and low center of gravity, it hugs turns like no other 4WD I've driven. Pickup is good, though the engine is just a tad noisy on acceleration. All power equipment functions without a hitch, and the body integrity is good. The interior is roomy and comfortable, and the console is very user-friendly. Though this Pathfinder is nearly 11 years old, it looks, rides and drives like new. In the time I've owned it, it's required only routine maintenance, and the way it's running now and with continued care I'd expect it to easily go another 100k or more. The only drawback is the not-so-great gas mileage (15 city/18-19 hwy). Nissans don't have the name-brand punch of a Toyota, though I'm not sure why. I'd put this car up against any 4Runner or Highlander. All in all, it's been a great vehicle for the money and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one or recommend it to a friend."