1998 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 611 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

Solid!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "Durability, dependability"

Cons: "Gas consumption"

"I bought this car at about 60k miles. A friend of my GF's family was selling it. He is a no nonsense old Chinese mechanic. I was initially tentative and not all that impressed. He quickly lost patience and said "look, this is good car, you buy!" I bought it. I discovered his blunt words to be true. I've put a lot of pothole strewn city miles on this car in all weather conditions and only needed to change the front brake pads. It handles well and gives me all the power I need. It is the most dependable and durable vehicle I have ever owned. I bought it with the intentions of it being an interim ride, of moving on to another newer, "hotter" vehicle in short time. This plan has been extended indefinitely."

2001 Nissan Pathfinder

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "fair on good gas mileage"

"This vehicle I have owned since 2005 and it has been the best vehicle I ever owned, very reliable!!!!!! very little repairs and I have loved driving it. I am a nissan lover, owned 3 so far, this is my favorite.!!!"

Nice while it lasted

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Size, Options,"

Cons: "Gas Mileage, Leg room,"

"I've never owned a Nissan before. When I purchase my Pathfinder it already had 80,000 miles on it. However, I was not concerned because I've always heard how reliable Nissan are. For the most part it is reliable. The leg room in the rear is very poor. Storage space in the back is great. The O2 sensor's go out on these vehicles often and are costly to replace. Almost $800 for all 4 sensors. I found out too late. Maybe on the new models this is not an issue anymore."

Most fun car I've ever driven

By on Saturday, June 14, 2008

"I'd take this car anywhere. I bought it over three years ago, even with over 100k miles, but had no qualms at all about the higher mileage. It feels solid and handles much better than similar vehicles in its class, especially the domestic SUVs (sorry Ford, Chevy, Dodge and all the other US mfgrs). This car has been driven around town, cross country and to the mountains and has proven to be a comfortable, versatile and reliable vehicle. With the wide tires and low center of gravity, it hugs turns like no other 4WD I've driven. Pickup is good, though the engine is just a tad noisy on acceleration. All power equipment functions without a hitch, and the body integrity is good. The interior is roomy and comfortable, and the console is very user-friendly. Though this Pathfinder is nearly 11 years old, it looks, rides and drives like new. In the time I've owned it, it's required only routine maintenance, and the way it's running now and with continued care I'd expect it to easily go another 100k or more. The only drawback is the not-so-great gas mileage (15 city/18-19 hwy). Nissans don't have the name-brand punch of a Toyota, though I'm not sure why. I'd put this car up against any 4Runner or Highlander. All in all, it's been a great vehicle for the money and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one or recommend it to a friend."

Best SUV I have ever drove

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"I have been using this SUV since 1997 and put on over 200K miles. No major problems, just regular oil change after 3K miles. I have changed timing belt twice in 200K miles. It still runs like a rock."

Good 4x4 vehicle, poor gas mileage

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"I have a 1999 LE pathfinder with automatic remote start. Everything works perfect and low maintenance. It runs great and is very roomy. It is so quiet that one can not tell how fast you are going. I live in VA and lately we have been getting lot of gusty winds and during these times the vehicle is so stable that it is surprising at times. The only complaint I have is that it gives poor gas mileage, but oh well it is an SUV."

I love this Pathfinder

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

"It is a tank I've had 3 wrecks and it still ran GREAT. It go's VERY good in the snow,rain. I love the Pathfinder if you ever get a chance to own one you will love it too"

Best Year for this SUV

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, great in snow, never lets me down"

Cons: "Windshields are prone to damage. Be happy w/ 18mpg"

"I've put over 180,000 miles on this rig since 2003. Changed the fluids, changed the tires. Couple of years ago I put about $1,500 into it to bring it up to speed on maintenance. Car has never let me down. Only issues have been the rear wiper is touchy, the windshield is prone to cracks and I need to reconnect the left speakers. Love the interior and heated mirrors. Seating is great. Engine is really strong. Tranny has been great, while I'm on my 3rd for my Accord. After 2003, Nissan started making changes and my friends with new models notice the interior isn't as nice or as comfortable and the 2003 engine/tranny are much better. I get between 17 - 19 mph overall. 19-21 on hwy if you keep your foot out of it. I work my SUVs hard and I'm hoping to get another 100,000 miles out of the Pathfinder."

love it, bought it new, rear window break light

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

"rear window break light fell loose this week. This is the 1st repair ever required, replaced belts when they started squeaking, new brakes and rotors only veryyyyyyyy reliable car, had it 10 years plan on keeping it at least 10 more"

has never left me stranded at anytime

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "excellant daily driver easy to drive and maintain"

Cons: "gas mileage but in 1996 gas was a dollar a gal."

"This has been a reliable vehicle since I have owned it since 2006 I have put 130000 miles on it since buying it and have driven it everywhere even on long trips. Never any mechanical problems just replaced my starter and battery but if you maintain it they run for ever. It been a very good vechicle so thats why I stuck with nissan and bought a 08 Nissan Titan which is awesome."