1997 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 589 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

easy & comfortable to drive, best vehicle ever

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "FUNE 6 EASY TO DRIVE - POWER WINDOWS, BOUGHT NEW"

Cons: "NO GPS"

"EASY TO GET INTO TO. TINTED WINDOWS & VISORS, TOP RACK FOR EXTRA STORAGE, BACK SEATS FOLD DOWN FOR EASY PACKING. SIDE RAILS, BACK WINDOW OPEN IF NEEDED WITH OUT OPENING WHOLE BACK DOOR, 6 CD & CASSETE AM FM RADIO, AUTO LIGHTS, CAN LOCK WINDOWS AIR BAGS BOTH FRONT SIDES. FLOOR MATS LATCH, AUTOMATIC,CRUISE CONTROL, FRONT & BACK WIND SHEILD WIPER/WASHERS - SLOW FAST & INDERMEDIANT WIPERS,CAN CHANGE VOLUME ON STEERING WHEEL & CRUISE, CUP HOLDERS SIDE DOOR STORAGE & CONSOLE 2 SECTION STORAGE, GLOVE COMPARTMENT, BACK SEAT HAS ARM REST IF NEEDED, ASH TRAY IF NEEDED."

Great reliable vehicle

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Super comfortable, excellent 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "Hard on gas"

"Bought this for the true 4wd and love it. Super easy to drive, drives like a car. Has great pick up with the 3.5 automatic and is smooth on the highway. A little hard on gas (average 16 to 17 mpg) but for the power it makes sense."

Great vehicle....

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Reason: Fuel milage not high enough

Pros: "Everything but that fuel mileage."

Cons: "fuel mileage, still not bad at 19mpg."

"I sold this car today because I needed something with better gas mileage. Due to moving my commute increased from 24 miles round trip to 50 miles round trip. This was strictly a fuel mileage sale. I absolutely loved that vehicle and am sad that I had to sell it. I would have had to improve my driveway in order to keep it. My new car is paying for itself."

Car is not worth the time.

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Good drive tran"

Cons: "everything"

"I have had this car for about a year I am the second owner and I have had to put in so much work in this car everything that can go wrong has gone wrong. The mass air intake went out stalled on me continuously in the middle of traffic. All of the O2 sensors have gone out. The way the exhaust was built on the car was stupid, my heat shield on the exhaust has rusted and now it rattles every time I speed up. If the exhaust has any holes in it it will melt anything you have on the under side of the car. Granted the car has some good qualities to it but most of them are out weighed by the problems. Nissans are thought to be good cars like toyota but I will not be buying another one."

Best value

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "dependable, safe, solid"

Cons: "rust through after 8 years or so"

"We purchased a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder SE brand new 15 years ago. Still driving it in year 2013. Has 86,000 miles on it. Minimal repairs, great ride, people still ask if we got a new car it looks so good. (Probably because it's always been garaged.) Only downside is the rust-through which we had removed. Mileage has always been poor, but it is such solid, safe SUV we don't really care. It's now being used as our 2nd car and will keep it until a major repair is required."

See if you qualify for