1997 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 612 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

By on Sunday, September 02, 2007

Happy with my ride

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"I have a 2004 Pathfinder. I have owned it two years and it's been a great vehicle. However I wish it had better pickup. Sometimes it seems like the transmission just doesn't want to change gears when I'm getting onto a highway and trying to pick up speed. The 4x4 works wonders through mud and snow! I also had problems with the tire pressure sensor but it was fixed under factory warranty and every once in a while the auto window acts up. It's not under warranty anymore so I won't be fixing that but it's not a terrible thing. The gas mileage is typical for a SUV, about 19mpg highway and 14 city and no more than that. I will probably drive this thing till the wheels fall off because it has been a great ride."

Pathfinder 2000 - Excellent car

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"I bought my 2000 Nissan Pathfinder (3.3 L) in 2005. Two months after I had to replace the water pump and the timming belt. No more problems since then; just put gas, change oil, and other normal maintenance. It has now 107 KM and is a pleasure to drive. It is great to drive in highway and around the city, as well. Although it is a 2WD, is very well balanced off road. It is smooth, powerful, and confortable. The looks is pretty good. The gas mileage is not great, but good enough for its size. Although I am looking for a Toyota 4Runner 2003 or newer for me due to its looks, smooth ride, slightly better gas mileage, and brand, I will keep the Pathfinder for my wife. I think she will be more protected driving the Pathfinder in case of an accident than she will be in any sedan. Also, women look so beautiful driving SUV's. In my opinion, the new Pathfinder (2005 and up) looks terrific, is very powerful, and the room inside is great, but it is more noisy than the older design. I love my Pathfinder."

Nice in the snow

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"I am the 3rd owner of a 1998 Pathfinder and I like it! It's great in the snow, of course you'll have things go wrong with an almost 10 year old car here and there. I don't really think it's the HOTEST looking SUV out there but it gets ya through the mess! And it is quite comfortable I must say!"

very dependable vehicle

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"I have thoroughly enjoyed owning this vehicle. If I wasn't needing a pickup for farm use, I would drive it until the tires fell off!"