1996 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 590 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

By on Friday, February 25, 2011

"A reliable SUV. A classic Japanese quality made vehicle. I like everything except the mileage per gallon of gas. But this is an 3.3L 6 cylinder SUV and cannot compare to a civic or corolla that has 1.8l, 4cyclinder car."

10 Years and going

By on Thursday, February 24, 2011

"I brought it new in 2001 exactly a decade later and other than oil change, tire & battery replacements, and factory services. This has been the most trouble free vechicle I've ever owned. The power is great (king back in the day). The fuel economy was better than sticker (now at just under 100k its pulling exact gas numbers. I've pulled a trailer with 2 bikes with no issue. Set it on cruise control and drove over 1100 miles straight with A/C and no worries. I would change nothing!"

OK

By on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Owned 1991 & 1999 Pathfinders. Got 250 K out of the 91. 99 has 170 k and going strong. 99 most comfortable quite solid ride of all the suv's (I have driven them all). Only big mech. problem - the drivers side stut tower rusts out & needs replacing $$$. Nissan's best years - they went down hill after 2004!"

Best veicle I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"I bought my truck in December of '01. It has never once let me down. We are getting ready to sell it and the only reason is becasue we have 2 kids and 2 dogs and need a more convenient vehicle for a growing family. Otherwise we would drive it till the wheels fell off which would probably take another 15 years. The only problems I have ever had were with the CD changer and the windshield washers. Never had an engine problem once. From the moment I test drove the Pathfinder, I was in love with it. It was so confortable like a really nice car and so powerful. I had tested the XTerra at the same time and it felt so hard compared to the Pathfinder. I am seriously going to cry when we sell it. It is like a member of the family. Nissan makes a great quality vehicle, although I think wha thtey did to the Pathfiner body style in 03 or 04 was criminal."

Bells n whistles have a pricetag

By on Monday, February 07, 2011

"Overall this is a great vehicle. If you buy the LE model (2004) then it comes with more bells and whistles to go wrong. For instance these are notorious for leaky sensors at the top of the Transmission. (Turbine Revolution Sensor) 8.5 hrs to repair at any shop. You do the math. Started leaking at 67K miles. The only way to replace is by dropping the Transmission. (No Access) There are ALOT of web searches on just this problem. Overall, This is a nice vehicle, but for the money I paid I expect it to not start breaking down until over 100K miles. $129 to replace a tire pressure monitor and then $65 to program the new one to the vehicle computer?? By the way, another problem is the BOSE CD player skips like crazy. cannot even use it (another problem area) I wish I had just purchased a Toyota instead. HINT HINT......"