1995 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 167 Ratings for the 1987 - 1995 models.

Nissan out did themselves

By on Saturday, July 07, 2007

"Well ive owned this car forever and its taken all the rolls and punches of work/school commute and out to the lake and taking me rockclimbing. Even taken some local road trips! If only fuel economy was a little better(but was not major issue!). I wish I could drive it forever i regret the day i let her go without a fight. I am now NISSAN Pathfinder Loyalist! Recommend all the time. True tank of the road. Easy to work on and maintenence in over 150,000miles has never broke down on me with good maintenance. Heck this lil import even has towed Suburbans, cars and truks of friends with tow chain. Must be funney to see a lil import pull a BIG suburban down the highway! Dont regret a single thing only that i had a manual transmission would be even MORE FUN."

This thing is "Bullet Proof".

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

"Keep up the maintenance and there is no end to how long these things will run. No major repairs, and it purrs like a kitten. I bleieve it will make at laast 400,000 it may even reach 500,000 miles."

Dependable

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"I bought this 1993 Pathfinder SE in 1998. I describe it as dependable, comfortable and powerful. This 93 Pathfinder was a dealer demo, so it came with every possible option. The only maintinance provided are routine oil changes, cooling system flush, tires, brakes & batteries. This Pathfinder has experienced 99.5% on road use where it performs flawlessly. It is comfortable for local and distance driving. Getting in and out is great, without stooping, as seats are at my 5'10" hip height. Everything still works and until a couple years ago all parts were original. It now has a replacement CD unit. Off road it also performs great, it came with a limited slip differential, however if you wish off roading to be your primary use you'd want a winch, brush guard and hubs that stay engaged in 4WD in reverse. Currently the valve cover gasket needs to be replaced as does the charcoal emission cannister, windshield washer motor, drive and timing belts as well as replacement spark plugs, wires & distributer cap for it's first tune-up since I purchased it. All drive and the timing belt were replaced at 75K miles and the catalytic converter was replaced 1n 2006. This SUV has 122K miles and still all systems operate as new. This vehicle has never left me stranded. At this moment the original engine, transmission, auto windows, keyless entry, alarm, moon roof, etc. function as new. I live in CA and the auto clinate control is perfect in sumer and winter. It has a standard 3.0L 6 cylinder motor and an optional "sport/touring" control for the shocks which assist with traction in winter cold, ice, snow, and rain. This option also helps to control the vehicle on bad or no roads. This SUV is still without leaks or subsequent inside fogging. It's exterior and interior design are comparable to newer SUV's, so it still appears to be current in design. It doesn't appear to be a 15 year old SUV. I am going to have the above mentioned preventive maintinance performed to enable my continued use of the versatility and trailer towing features of this SUV. The only reason it was replaced as a primary vehicle were gasoline prices & lack of air bags. This SUV's negatives are; limited interior cargo space, expensive parts, (cruise control was fixed) lack of air bag poor rear visability, "inherent in high SUV's" Overall, this SUV has and continues to be a dependable & versatile work-horse. As stated, this SUV has provided 15 years and 122K plus miles as a commute and long distance pleasure vehicle with some off-road use. Given it's not in an accident, with continued routine maintinance, and having the items listed above corrected, it should probably provide another 15 years and 150K plus miles of additional service. As stated, this vehicle is a pleasure to own and opperate."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Monday, April 26, 2010

"My Pathfinder has given me almost 15 years of quality service. The engine still runs great after over 220,000 miles and has now outlived the frame (rust) . It it is time to trade it in, but I am very satisfied with the quality and dependablilty that my Pathfinder has given me over the years."

Too Good To Let Go

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"My '93 was purchased from my brother in '96 with 60K on it at the time. I now have over 250,000 on it, and just paid my mechanic (a Nissan master mechanic who left the dealership) to give it whatever it needed: new shocks, brakes, electrical work and repair of an exhaust leak, because I cannot bear to part with it. The transmission is not original - was replaced while still under warranty. The original engine blew a year ago, due to a different mechanic's failure to properly diagnose a timing problem (when my trusted mechanic was temporarily unavailable). I paid my mechanic to find a replacement engine last year, one with 100K on it, and have not looked back. Was told once by another Nissan master mechanic that this production year was still a truck chassis, but later years are built on a car chassis, and that I should never let this one go. So far, I have had to agree. BTW - my brother gave this one up for a '95, which now has over 300K on it."

Great SUV for the Money

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"I purchased a 1994 Pathfinder 3 years ago with 102000 miles on it. It just turned 180000. Besides routine maintenance it has been great. This is my second Pathfinder, my first was a 1993 that I purchased in 1997 with 24000 miles on it and drove it to 150000 before selling it to my sister-in-law who drove it to 220000 before trading it in. Here is what to look for (potential issues): Frame: it can rust out above and behind the rear wheels, look at that carefully. Exhaust: the studs rust/rot out on the manifold causing leaks. Oxygen sensor: will go bad, but does not trigger a service light. If you get poor gas mileage replace it. I did on my second one and went from 200 miles on a tank to 300, well worth the investment with gas at $3 a gallon."

Great Overall SUV

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "very reliable, 4x4 works great"

Cons: "underpowered"

"Great overall SUV. When I first purchased it (about 164k miles) it would have issues starting. Turns out the starter was going bad, and one day it didn't start and had to be towed. Starter is a bear to replace and takes a shop 3 hours and if you do it yourself 5-6 hours. After replacing the starter I haven't had any issues. I've owned a couple Jeep Cherokees and this far surpasses their ability when off-roading. Engine runs smoother than just about any vehicle I have owned. They are a little underpowered, but during the winter is a good thing as you don't get tire spin like you would with something with more get up and go. They are rated at about 14MPG city, but I average 16 MPG. Best being 16.7, worst being about 14.9 (city only). As long as you find one that has been taken care of you will have a vehicle that will get you through anything and start every time."

'88 Nissan Pathfinder: fair

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Reliable. EZ repair. EZ to drive mtns"

Cons: "No electric or cuphldrs. Plastic warped. Bad seats"

"Bought basic XE, 2 dr '88 Nissan Path. w/143k mi in '94 from friend who'd kept it in good condition. Drove ~175 mi/wk mountain commute w/ some weekend trips 450 mi. In its later life, it moved to the temperate lowlands and only makes occasional trips to the Sierra in winter (4WD) or when a truck is needed for hauling "things" or wood. It now has 294K mi"

best 4x4 suv i have ever had

By on Monday, June 28, 2010

"i had my 95 pathfinder se for about 7 months and i have been in some tough situtations and made it out without being pulled or winch.it out did my buddys 2001 jeep.i have only had one problem with it and it was the timing belt.it gets great gas miliage and is comfortable on long trips. my wife ran into another car and the only thing it tore up was the headlight and hood latch and small dent on the bumper. the other car looked like a train hit it.she drove it home after the wreck and when the other HAD to be towed and still drove great. since she went back to driving it put a brush guard on lol.but it is tough as nails.and i hope to own it for another 30,000 miles before i get a newer one.i would highly recommend if u find one buy it weather u use for driving or fun it wont let you down."

Very Reliable

By on Saturday, February 20, 2010

"I researched big time before buying a '95 Pathfinder. I wanted the model based on the truck frame and the owners reviews of this year were appealing. After owning this for over 4 years and putting it through every nasty situation possible I have to agree with the other reviews. This might be the most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned. Four wheeling on the beach, mountain climbing in Colorado or just plowing through the Midwest winters my Pathfinder is always up to the task and has never let me down or left me stranded. The odometer just turned 126K and everything is still working great. I love the heated seats. The best thing is that its paid for and I fully expect with routine maint. to get another 126K out of her without any major issues. Gotta love it Zoom Zoom baby!"