1995 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 167 Ratings for the 1987 - 1995 models.

Nissan out did themselves

By on Saturday, July 07, 2007

"Well ive owned this car forever and its taken all the rolls and punches of work/school commute and out to the lake and taking me rockclimbing. Even taken some local road trips! If only fuel economy was a little better(but was not major issue!). I wish I could drive it forever i regret the day i let her go without a fight. I am now NISSAN Pathfinder Loyalist! Recommend all the time. True tank of the road. Easy to work on and maintenence in over 150,000miles has never broke down on me with good maintenance. Heck this lil import even has towed Suburbans, cars and truks of friends with tow chain. Must be funney to see a lil import pull a BIG suburban down the highway! Dont regret a single thing only that i had a manual transmission would be even MORE FUN."

This thing is "Bullet Proof".

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

"Keep up the maintenance and there is no end to how long these things will run. No major repairs, and it purrs like a kitten. I bleieve it will make at laast 400,000 it may even reach 500,000 miles."

Dependable

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"I bought this 1993 Pathfinder SE in 1998. I describe it as dependable, comfortable and powerful. This 93 Pathfinder was a dealer demo, so it came with every possible option. The only maintinance provided are routine oil changes, cooling system flush, tires, brakes & batteries. This Pathfinder has experienced 99.5% on road use where it performs flawlessly. It is comfortable for local and distance driving. Getting in and out is great, without stooping, as seats are at my 5'10" hip height. Everything still works and until a couple years ago all parts were original. It now has a replacement CD unit. Off road it also performs great, it came with a limited slip differential, however if you wish off roading to be your primary use you'd want a winch, brush guard and hubs that stay engaged in 4WD in reverse. Currently the valve cover gasket needs to be replaced as does the charcoal emission cannister, windshield washer motor, drive and timing belts as well as replacement spark plugs, wires & distributer cap for it's first tune-up since I purchased it. All drive and the timing belt were replaced at 75K miles and the catalytic converter was replaced 1n 2006. This SUV has 122K miles and still all systems operate as new. This vehicle has never left me stranded. At this moment the original engine, transmission, auto windows, keyless entry, alarm, moon roof, etc. function as new. I live in CA and the auto clinate control is perfect in sumer and winter. It has a standard 3.0L 6 cylinder motor and an optional "sport/touring" control for the shocks which assist with traction in winter cold, ice, snow, and rain. This option also helps to control the vehicle on bad or no roads. This SUV is still without leaks or subsequent inside fogging. It's exterior and interior design are comparable to newer SUV's, so it still appears to be current in design. It doesn't appear to be a 15 year old SUV. I am going to have the above mentioned preventive maintinance performed to enable my continued use of the versatility and trailer towing features of this SUV. The only reason it was replaced as a primary vehicle were gasoline prices & lack of air bags. This SUV's negatives are; limited interior cargo space, expensive parts, (cruise control was fixed) lack of air bag poor rear visability, "inherent in high SUV's" Overall, this SUV has and continues to be a dependable & versatile work-horse. As stated, this SUV has provided 15 years and 122K plus miles as a commute and long distance pleasure vehicle with some off-road use. Given it's not in an accident, with continued routine maintinance, and having the items listed above corrected, it should probably provide another 15 years and 150K plus miles of additional service. As stated, this vehicle is a pleasure to own and opperate."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Monday, April 26, 2010

"My Pathfinder has given me almost 15 years of quality service. The engine still runs great after over 220,000 miles and has now outlived the frame (rust) . It it is time to trade it in, but I am very satisfied with the quality and dependablilty that my Pathfinder has given me over the years."

Too Good To Let Go

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"My '93 was purchased from my brother in '96 with 60K on it at the time. I now have over 250,000 on it, and just paid my mechanic (a Nissan master mechanic who left the dealership) to give it whatever it needed: new shocks, brakes, electrical work and repair of an exhaust leak, because I cannot bear to part with it. The transmission is not original - was replaced while still under warranty. The original engine blew a year ago, due to a different mechanic's failure to properly diagnose a timing problem (when my trusted mechanic was temporarily unavailable). I paid my mechanic to find a replacement engine last year, one with 100K on it, and have not looked back. Was told once by another Nissan master mechanic that this production year was still a truck chassis, but later years are built on a car chassis, and that I should never let this one go. So far, I have had to agree. BTW - my brother gave this one up for a '95, which now has over 300K on it."

Great SUV for the Money

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"I purchased a 1994 Pathfinder 3 years ago with 102000 miles on it. It just turned 180000. Besides routine maintenance it has been great. This is my second Pathfinder, my first was a 1993 that I purchased in 1997 with 24000 miles on it and drove it to 150000 before selling it to my sister-in-law who drove it to 220000 before trading it in. Here is what to look for (potential issues): Frame: it can rust out above and behind the rear wheels, look at that carefully. Exhaust: the studs rust/rot out on the manifold causing leaks. Oxygen sensor: will go bad, but does not trigger a service light. If you get poor gas mileage replace it. I did on my second one and went from 200 miles on a tank to 300, well worth the investment with gas at $3 a gallon."

Great Overall SUV

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "very reliable, 4x4 works great"

Cons: "underpowered"

"Great overall SUV. When I first purchased it (about 164k miles) it would have issues starting. Turns out the starter was going bad, and one day it didn't start and had to be towed. Starter is a bear to replace and takes a shop 3 hours and if you do it yourself 5-6 hours. After replacing the starter I haven't had any issues. I've owned a couple Jeep Cherokees and this far surpasses their ability when off-roading. Engine runs smoother than just about any vehicle I have owned. They are a little underpowered, but during the winter is a good thing as you don't get tire spin like you would with something with more get up and go. They are rated at about 14MPG city, but I average 16 MPG. Best being 16.7, worst being about 14.9 (city only). As long as you find one that has been taken care of you will have a vehicle that will get you through anything and start every time."

'88 Nissan Pathfinder: fair

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Reliable. EZ repair. EZ to drive mtns"

Cons: "No electric or cuphldrs. Plastic warped. Bad seats"

"Bought basic XE, 2 dr '88 Nissan Path. w/143k mi in '94 from friend who'd kept it in good condition. Drove ~175 mi/wk mountain commute w/ some weekend trips 450 mi. In its later life, it moved to the temperate lowlands and only makes occasional trips to the Sierra in winter (4WD) or when a truck is needed for hauling "things" or wood. It now has 294K mi"

best 4x4 suv i have ever had

By on Monday, June 28, 2010

"i had my 95 pathfinder se for about 7 months and i have been in some tough situtations and made it out without being pulled or winch.it out did my buddys 2001 jeep.i have only had one problem with it and it was the timing belt.it gets great gas miliage and is comfortable on long trips. my wife ran into another car and the only thing it tore up was the headlight and hood latch and small dent on the bumper. the other car looked like a train hit it.she drove it home after the wreck and when the other HAD to be towed and still drove great. since she went back to driving it put a brush guard on lol.but it is tough as nails.and i hope to own it for another 30,000 miles before i get a newer one.i would highly recommend if u find one buy it weather u use for driving or fun it wont let you down."

Very Reliable

By on Saturday, February 20, 2010

"I researched big time before buying a '95 Pathfinder. I wanted the model based on the truck frame and the owners reviews of this year were appealing. After owning this for over 4 years and putting it through every nasty situation possible I have to agree with the other reviews. This might be the most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned. Four wheeling on the beach, mountain climbing in Colorado or just plowing through the Midwest winters my Pathfinder is always up to the task and has never let me down or left me stranded. The odometer just turned 126K and everything is still working great. I love the heated seats. The best thing is that its paid for and I fully expect with routine maint. to get another 126K out of her without any major issues. Gotta love it Zoom Zoom baby!"

great 4 x 4

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"i have covered the USA in my pathfinder. After 15 years of faithful service i am giving it to my aunt as with a larger family i just need more room... If you can find a well maintained vehicle this is the best vehicle you will ever own. Take good care of her and she will never let you down... If your are going to keep her, Always spend the few extra dollars on genuine nissan parts... the quality is so far above the junk at the auto store."

better than average suv

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "easy to drive and goes anywhere"

Cons: "poor fuel efficiency and under powered"

"Hope this is helpful."

Most reliable I've ever owned!!

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "gas, only about 16m per gal."

"I bought mine in 1999 with 113k. It looked practically brand new, fully loaded, leather, sunroof,oversized wheels, 4WD. Only major issue was rebuilt tranny at 285k .. the rest has been normal svcs. Still running strong today. It is very comfortable, I keep it clean and drive it to work everyday .. 331k miles and counting. Great SUV!"

the toughest

By on Sunday, January 24, 2010

"Ive owned 9 vehicles of all makes and my patfinder by far is the toughest most reliable, 1n 300000 miles it still has the original clutch all i ever had to do was an oil pressure switch shocks once and a fuel pump... and those didnt go out until 270000 miles"

Can't let go!

By on Thursday, January 14, 2010

"As a second owner since 34000 mi, and maintaining it carefully, I find this the most fun, best handling tow vehicle (yes, even over my '04 suburban)I've ever had. With manual trans. it handles the heavy chores with aplomb and skips through the daily commute handily. At 165000 mi. 5th gear sings a little, so I stopped using it- no problem! The 3 L motor has been pampered with syntec and still DOESN'T USE A DROP OF OIL! Only major maintenance is clutch and timing belt. Only concern is rusting frame and underside of body- welder has reinforced it once- it's about time to again- 'don't want to look like Fred Flintstone out there!"

Very reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Have owned many vehicles, BMW, Lexus. Mercedes, Porsche...but I feel that the 1993 Pathfinder SE w/ heated leather seats ( Hi/Low), Sport Suspension, Tow package, Limited Slip Rear Diff, and Factory Tinted windows has been very dependable and great in the snow. Note towed out many vehicles that were stuck in the Big Snow Storm in Portland 2008. Never any doubt that I couldn't get them out. Our Lexus RX 300 was OK...the Pathfinder was better.. The Michelin LTX M/S is THE tire for this vehicle. Ist set last 80K, 2nd set still looks like New. Only complaint: It needs the 3.5 l engine that came in the later Pathfinders.. One of the Best features: The beautiful well bolstered heated ( hi/low ) seats..there as good as the seats in the Porsche ! Like 'em better than the Lexus seats..Another great feature: the lift rear window in the the rear tailgate..very cool feature, as the dogs get to look out and get fresh air , while they travel in their kennels...They love it ! Also, love the roof rack for the trips to Home Depot...The Pathfinder tends to be thirsty, but the rig never breaks down ! highly recommend the Pathfinder..."

Overall very reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"I bought my 95 pathfinder 4X4 9 years ago with 63,000 miles. I now have 330,000 miles and the engine still runs like new. Rebuilt the transmission about 30k miles ago due to reverse going out (automatic). Unfortunately, now the rear frame is rusted out like so many other pathfinders and hardbody pickup trucks. Really kind of disappointing because I just used this as a daily driver and had it oil sprayed every could years. Unfortunately, it's headed for the scrapyard now. Overall, a very reliable vehicle that only left me stranded one time (alternator). If you can find a rust free frame vehicle, I'd highly recommend it."

94 Pathfinder

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Good runner. Easy to maintain. Not great on wet roads but thats really my only complaint."

its a keeper

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"Bought my 95SE new and from the first day knew it was a keeper..drove 100 miles in a rain/snowstorm and not a problem! 138,000 miles and 13 years later, it still rolls like new! Except for some neglect on my end (not replacing drive belt when scheduled), it has never let me down. The boxy shape will stay in style forever, and the engine will outlive the car. Folding back seats are a life saver. Confort can't be beat for a taller individual. Unfortunately with the winters here in the northeast (NYC), the dreaded body rust is becoming an issue. Too bad the new paths are plastic paperweights compared to the old tanks!"

All good

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"I bought my 95 Nissan Pathfinder used -- 3 years old. It has been an excellent car for me. I've been diligent about keeping up with preventative maintenance and have had no problems with this car. I hope it lasts me another 10 years."

1988 pathfinder

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"My wife bought this '88 in 1992 and we have over 220,000 miles on it now. It's been to Mexico, Canada, and all over the U.S., and we can't complain about the comfort. It runs fine, but is burning a little oil these days. Mostly standard maintainance, but a few other issues: the reverse lights shorted out, a motor mount broke off a few years ago, and some predictable aches and pains for a 20 year old rig. It gets about 20mpg, just like it always has. Plenty of get-up-and-go in normal conditions, but a it is bit underpowered for pulling our little travel trailer. It's a great vehicle and I highly recommend them for anyone who wants a small/medium SUV"

Worth keeping around

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"I bought my '92 model XE Pathfinder in 1998 with 93k and now (2008) it's got 201k. I've put in ball joints, brakes, brake master cylinder, starter (2), tires (several), tune-ups (several), etc. into the car, and while she doesn't sound great, and looks a little rough, she starts up every time I turn the key. The exhaust system on this vehicle is loud, but no mechanic I've ever been to thought that it was worth fixing. I'm to the point where the years and the miles really show on the vehicle inside and out, but I still surprise people when I tell them how old it is: this remains a good looking little truck (SUV), one whose styling has remained current. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another Nissan, and if I could find one of these older model Pathfinders I'd buy it in a second. (I don't like the new, larger body styles.) Mine no longer gets good gas mileage, but that's neither surprising nor particularly bad: the old girl's earned a rest. I've been very, very happy with this vehicle."

1995 SE

By on Monday, March 03, 2008

"1995 SE 4x4. Bought in 2000 for $6000 with 80,000 miles. Now I have 168,000 miles. Have replaced the clutch and timming belt. Gas mileage was improved from 18 Hwy to 22 Hwy by using Mobil 1 Syn oil. No oil leaks, doesn't any oil between changes."

O'l Faithful

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"I've had my 1995 XE V6 since 1999. Bought it used with 80,000 miles on it and an extended warranty witch I never used. The only thing I've done is the brakes, tires, battery, oil & fluid changes. Its now has 160,000 miles & 13yrs. & it still runs like a champ."

Still questionable

By on Saturday, December 01, 2007

"I bought this suv thinking that I was receiving a great value. I herd Pathfinders were excellent suv's. In the first month after purchasing this vehical, the tranny went out. It took the dealership 3 months to fix the problem. Bringing it back several times for the leakes caused with replacement. Exaust, numerous problems with electrical, etc... I've had this suv for 7 months and have been able to drive it for 2. If somebody could reassure me, I might keep it."