1995 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 168 Ratings for the 1987 - 1995 models.

Nissan out did themselves

By on Saturday, July 07, 2007

"Well ive owned this car forever and its taken all the rolls and punches of work/school commute and out to the lake and taking me rockclimbing. Even taken some local road trips! If only fuel economy was a little better(but was not major issue!). I wish I could drive it forever i regret the day i let her go without a fight. I am now NISSAN Pathfinder Loyalist! Recommend all the time. True tank of the road. Easy to work on and maintenence in over 150,000miles has never broke down on me with good maintenance. Heck this lil import even has towed Suburbans, cars and truks of friends with tow chain. Must be funney to see a lil import pull a BIG suburban down the highway! Dont regret a single thing only that i had a manual transmission would be even MORE FUN."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Monday, April 26, 2010

"My Pathfinder has given me almost 15 years of quality service. The engine still runs great after over 220,000 miles and has now outlived the frame (rust) . It it is time to trade it in, but I am very satisfied with the quality and dependablilty that my Pathfinder has given me over the years."

'88 Nissan Pathfinder: fair

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Reliable. EZ repair. EZ to drive mtns"

Cons: "No electric or cuphldrs. Plastic warped. Bad seats"

"Bought basic XE, 2 dr '88 Nissan Path. w/143k mi in '94 from friend who'd kept it in good condition. Drove ~175 mi/wk mountain commute w/ some weekend trips 450 mi. In its later life, it moved to the temperate lowlands and only makes occasional trips to the Sierra in winter (4WD) or when a truck is needed for hauling "things" or wood. It now has 294K mi"

Very Reliable

By on Saturday, February 20, 2010

"I researched big time before buying a '95 Pathfinder. I wanted the model based on the truck frame and the owners reviews of this year were appealing. After owning this for over 4 years and putting it through every nasty situation possible I have to agree with the other reviews. This might be the most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned. Four wheeling on the beach, mountain climbing in Colorado or just plowing through the Midwest winters my Pathfinder is always up to the task and has never let me down or left me stranded. The odometer just turned 126K and everything is still working great. I love the heated seats. The best thing is that its paid for and I fully expect with routine maint. to get another 126K out of her without any major issues. Gotta love it Zoom Zoom baby!"

great 4 x 4

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"i have covered the USA in my pathfinder. After 15 years of faithful service i am giving it to my aunt as with a larger family i just need more room... If you can find a well maintained vehicle this is the best vehicle you will ever own. Take good care of her and she will never let you down... If your are going to keep her, Always spend the few extra dollars on genuine nissan parts... the quality is so far above the junk at the auto store."

better than average suv

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "easy to drive and goes anywhere"

Cons: "poor fuel efficiency and under powered"

"Hope this is helpful."

Most reliable I've ever owned!!

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "gas, only about 16m per gal."

"I bought mine in 1999 with 113k. It looked practically brand new, fully loaded, leather, sunroof,oversized wheels, 4WD. Only major issue was rebuilt tranny at 285k .. the rest has been normal svcs. Still running strong today. It is very comfortable, I keep it clean and drive it to work everyday .. 331k miles and counting. Great SUV!"

the toughest

By on Sunday, January 24, 2010

"Ive owned 9 vehicles of all makes and my patfinder by far is the toughest most reliable, 1n 300000 miles it still has the original clutch all i ever had to do was an oil pressure switch shocks once and a fuel pump... and those didnt go out until 270000 miles"

Can't let go!

By on Thursday, January 14, 2010

"As a second owner since 34000 mi, and maintaining it carefully, I find this the most fun, best handling tow vehicle (yes, even over my '04 suburban)I've ever had. With manual trans. it handles the heavy chores with aplomb and skips through the daily commute handily. At 165000 mi. 5th gear sings a little, so I stopped using it- no problem! The 3 L motor has been pampered with syntec and still DOESN'T USE A DROP OF OIL! Only major maintenance is clutch and timing belt. Only concern is rusting frame and underside of body- welder has reinforced it once- it's about time to again- 'don't want to look like Fred Flintstone out there!"

Very reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Have owned many vehicles, BMW, Lexus. Mercedes, Porsche...but I feel that the 1993 Pathfinder SE w/ heated leather seats ( Hi/Low), Sport Suspension, Tow package, Limited Slip Rear Diff, and Factory Tinted windows has been very dependable and great in the snow. Note towed out many vehicles that were stuck in the Big Snow Storm in Portland 2008. Never any doubt that I couldn't get them out. Our Lexus RX 300 was OK...the Pathfinder was better.. The Michelin LTX M/S is THE tire for this vehicle. Ist set last 80K, 2nd set still looks like New. Only complaint: It needs the 3.5 l engine that came in the later Pathfinders.. One of the Best features: The beautiful well bolstered heated ( hi/low ) seats..there as good as the seats in the Porsche ! Like 'em better than the Lexus seats..Another great feature: the lift rear window in the the rear tailgate..very cool feature, as the dogs get to look out and get fresh air , while they travel in their kennels...They love it ! Also, love the roof rack for the trips to Home Depot...The Pathfinder tends to be thirsty, but the rig never breaks down ! highly recommend the Pathfinder..."

Overall very reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"I bought my 95 pathfinder 4X4 9 years ago with 63,000 miles. I now have 330,000 miles and the engine still runs like new. Rebuilt the transmission about 30k miles ago due to reverse going out (automatic). Unfortunately, now the rear frame is rusted out like so many other pathfinders and hardbody pickup trucks. Really kind of disappointing because I just used this as a daily driver and had it oil sprayed every could years. Unfortunately, it's headed for the scrapyard now. Overall, a very reliable vehicle that only left me stranded one time (alternator). If you can find a rust free frame vehicle, I'd highly recommend it."

94 Pathfinder

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Good runner. Easy to maintain. Not great on wet roads but thats really my only complaint."

its a keeper

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"Bought my 95SE new and from the first day knew it was a keeper..drove 100 miles in a rain/snowstorm and not a problem! 138,000 miles and 13 years later, it still rolls like new! Except for some neglect on my end (not replacing drive belt when scheduled), it has never let me down. The boxy shape will stay in style forever, and the engine will outlive the car. Folding back seats are a life saver. Confort can't be beat for a taller individual. Unfortunately with the winters here in the northeast (NYC), the dreaded body rust is becoming an issue. Too bad the new paths are plastic paperweights compared to the old tanks!"

All good

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"I bought my 95 Nissan Pathfinder used -- 3 years old. It has been an excellent car for me. I've been diligent about keeping up with preventative maintenance and have had no problems with this car. I hope it lasts me another 10 years."

1988 pathfinder

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"My wife bought this '88 in 1992 and we have over 220,000 miles on it now. It's been to Mexico, Canada, and all over the U.S., and we can't complain about the comfort. It runs fine, but is burning a little oil these days. Mostly standard maintainance, but a few other issues: the reverse lights shorted out, a motor mount broke off a few years ago, and some predictable aches and pains for a 20 year old rig. It gets about 20mpg, just like it always has. Plenty of get-up-and-go in normal conditions, but a it is bit underpowered for pulling our little travel trailer. It's a great vehicle and I highly recommend them for anyone who wants a small/medium SUV"

Worth keeping around

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"I bought my '92 model XE Pathfinder in 1998 with 93k and now (2008) it's got 201k. I've put in ball joints, brakes, brake master cylinder, starter (2), tires (several), tune-ups (several), etc. into the car, and while she doesn't sound great, and looks a little rough, she starts up every time I turn the key. The exhaust system on this vehicle is loud, but no mechanic I've ever been to thought that it was worth fixing. I'm to the point where the years and the miles really show on the vehicle inside and out, but I still surprise people when I tell them how old it is: this remains a good looking little truck (SUV), one whose styling has remained current. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another Nissan, and if I could find one of these older model Pathfinders I'd buy it in a second. (I don't like the new, larger body styles.) Mine no longer gets good gas mileage, but that's neither surprising nor particularly bad: the old girl's earned a rest. I've been very, very happy with this vehicle."

1995 SE

By on Monday, March 03, 2008

"1995 SE 4x4. Bought in 2000 for $6000 with 80,000 miles. Now I have 168,000 miles. Have replaced the clutch and timming belt. Gas mileage was improved from 18 Hwy to 22 Hwy by using Mobil 1 Syn oil. No oil leaks, doesn't any oil between changes."

O'l Faithful

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"I've had my 1995 XE V6 since 1999. Bought it used with 80,000 miles on it and an extended warranty witch I never used. The only thing I've done is the brakes, tires, battery, oil & fluid changes. Its now has 160,000 miles & 13yrs. & it still runs like a champ."

Still questionable

By on Saturday, December 01, 2007

"I bought this suv thinking that I was receiving a great value. I herd Pathfinders were excellent suv's. In the first month after purchasing this vehical, the tranny went out. It took the dealership 3 months to fix the problem. Bringing it back several times for the leakes caused with replacement. Exaust, numerous problems with electrical, etc... I've had this suv for 7 months and have been able to drive it for 2. If somebody could reassure me, I might keep it."

Expect 300k miles on this Baby!

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"i have over 200k miles on this bad boy and it hasn't failed me yet. i've kept it regularly maintained and hardly spend anything expect oil changes in the past 10 yrs i've owned it. Replacement parts are cheap and this Japanese engine is incredibly reliable. Lots of storage with fold down back seats, smooth and solid ride for a full size SUV."

best vehicle i've ever had

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "easy to get around in, easy to get in and out of"

Cons: "no cup holders, thats it"

"This is my second pathfinder, i will have another when this one ever dies."

Amazing dependability and longevity!

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, powerful, unbelievable value, longevity"

Cons: "Absolutely nothing!"

"I absolutely love my 95 Pathfinder! It has been the most reliable and has required the least maintenance of any vehicle I've owned- 188,000 miles and still going strong. In the 9 years I've owned it, I've only replaced the starter, a thermostat, and a water pump. Powertrain, tranny, and engine are amazing: we call it 'The Tank'!"

Solid

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "power, handling, room, drive train"

Cons: "no cup holders, low economy"

"What can I say? Over 220K miles on it it has never needed anything more than tires and an oil change from me. The 4 wheel drive went out on the front passenger side last winter but I've font that it rarely requires 4WD and if it is getting stuck 4WD doesn't help (in Western Washington mud). My favorite thing about it though is the on road handling. It always feels planted and solid but has enough power to drift comfortably if you want to and can actually exceed the speedometer by almost 30MPH. I've beat this car and it seems to enjoy it."

Reliable Always

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "Reliabilty, capability, ruggedness"

Cons: "gas mileage, no cup holders, road noise"

"Only a couple problems over 170k: exhaust manifold leaked as per most of these V6s, and was repaired. Only gets ~16mpg overall, though. Excellent in the mountains, snow, etc."

I love my car

By on Monday, September 19, 2011

Pros: "Roomy"

Cons: "Its just old..."

"Its time for something new, but I absolutely love my 1995 Pathfinder...she's (yes, she's a girl lol) has gotten me all around Philadelphia, PA down to Miami, FL, all over Miami, and finally across the U.S. to Los Angeles....she's reliable when treated right =)"