1994 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 167 Ratings for the 1987 - 1995 models.

Worth keeping around

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"I bought my '92 model XE Pathfinder in 1998 with 93k and now (2008) it's got 201k. I've put in ball joints, brakes, brake master cylinder, starter (2), tires (several), tune-ups (several), etc. into the car, and while she doesn't sound great, and looks a little rough, she starts up every time I turn the key. The exhaust system on this vehicle is loud, but no mechanic I've ever been to thought that it was worth fixing. I'm to the point where the years and the miles really show on the vehicle inside and out, but I still surprise people when I tell them how old it is: this remains a good looking little truck (SUV), one whose styling has remained current. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another Nissan, and if I could find one of these older model Pathfinders I'd buy it in a second. (I don't like the new, larger body styles.) Mine no longer gets good gas mileage, but that's neither surprising nor particularly bad: the old girl's earned a rest. I've been very, very happy with this vehicle."

1995 SE

By on Monday, March 03, 2008

"1995 SE 4x4. Bought in 2000 for $6000 with 80,000 miles. Now I have 168,000 miles. Have replaced the clutch and timming belt. Gas mileage was improved from 18 Hwy to 22 Hwy by using Mobil 1 Syn oil. No oil leaks, doesn't any oil between changes."

O'l Faithful

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"I've had my 1995 XE V6 since 1999. Bought it used with 80,000 miles on it and an extended warranty witch I never used. The only thing I've done is the brakes, tires, battery, oil & fluid changes. Its now has 160,000 miles & 13yrs. & it still runs like a champ."

Still questionable

By on Saturday, December 01, 2007

"I bought this suv thinking that I was receiving a great value. I herd Pathfinders were excellent suv's. In the first month after purchasing this vehical, the tranny went out. It took the dealership 3 months to fix the problem. Bringing it back several times for the leakes caused with replacement. Exaust, numerous problems with electrical, etc... I've had this suv for 7 months and have been able to drive it for 2. If somebody could reassure me, I might keep it."

Expect 300k miles on this Baby!

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"i have over 200k miles on this bad boy and it hasn't failed me yet. i've kept it regularly maintained and hardly spend anything expect oil changes in the past 10 yrs i've owned it. Replacement parts are cheap and this Japanese engine is incredibly reliable. Lots of storage with fold down back seats, smooth and solid ride for a full size SUV."

best vehicle i've ever had

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "easy to get around in, easy to get in and out of"

Cons: "no cup holders, thats it"

"This is my second pathfinder, i will have another when this one ever dies."

Amazing dependability and longevity!

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, powerful, unbelievable value, longevity"

Cons: "Absolutely nothing!"

"I absolutely love my 95 Pathfinder! It has been the most reliable and has required the least maintenance of any vehicle I've owned- 188,000 miles and still going strong. In the 9 years I've owned it, I've only replaced the starter, a thermostat, and a water pump. Powertrain, tranny, and engine are amazing: we call it 'The Tank'!"

Solid

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "power, handling, room, drive train"

Cons: "no cup holders, low economy"

"What can I say? Over 220K miles on it it has never needed anything more than tires and an oil change from me. The 4 wheel drive went out on the front passenger side last winter but I've font that it rarely requires 4WD and if it is getting stuck 4WD doesn't help (in Western Washington mud). My favorite thing about it though is the on road handling. It always feels planted and solid but has enough power to drift comfortably if you want to and can actually exceed the speedometer by almost 30MPH. I've beat this car and it seems to enjoy it."

Reliable Always

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "Reliabilty, capability, ruggedness"

Cons: "gas mileage, no cup holders, road noise"

"Only a couple problems over 170k: exhaust manifold leaked as per most of these V6s, and was repaired. Only gets ~16mpg overall, though. Excellent in the mountains, snow, etc."

I love my car

By on Monday, September 19, 2011

Pros: "Roomy"

Cons: "Its just old..."

"Its time for something new, but I absolutely love my 1995 Pathfinder...she's (yes, she's a girl lol) has gotten me all around Philadelphia, PA down to Miami, FL, all over Miami, and finally across the U.S. to Los Angeles....she's reliable when treated right =)"