1994 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 167 Ratings for the 1987 - 1995 models.

Expect 300k miles on this Baby!

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"i have over 200k miles on this bad boy and it hasn't failed me yet. i've kept it regularly maintained and hardly spend anything expect oil changes in the past 10 yrs i've owned it. Replacement parts are cheap and this Japanese engine is incredibly reliable. Lots of storage with fold down back seats, smooth and solid ride for a full size SUV."

best vehicle i've ever had

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "easy to get around in, easy to get in and out of"

Cons: "no cup holders, thats it"

"This is my second pathfinder, i will have another when this one ever dies."

Amazing dependability and longevity!

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, powerful, unbelievable value, longevity"

Cons: "Absolutely nothing!"

"I absolutely love my 95 Pathfinder! It has been the most reliable and has required the least maintenance of any vehicle I've owned- 188,000 miles and still going strong. In the 9 years I've owned it, I've only replaced the starter, a thermostat, and a water pump. Powertrain, tranny, and engine are amazing: we call it 'The Tank'!"

Solid

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "power, handling, room, drive train"

Cons: "no cup holders, low economy"

"What can I say? Over 220K miles on it it has never needed anything more than tires and an oil change from me. The 4 wheel drive went out on the front passenger side last winter but I've font that it rarely requires 4WD and if it is getting stuck 4WD doesn't help (in Western Washington mud). My favorite thing about it though is the on road handling. It always feels planted and solid but has enough power to drift comfortably if you want to and can actually exceed the speedometer by almost 30MPH. I've beat this car and it seems to enjoy it."

Reliable Always

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "Reliabilty, capability, ruggedness"

Cons: "gas mileage, no cup holders, road noise"

"Only a couple problems over 170k: exhaust manifold leaked as per most of these V6s, and was repaired. Only gets ~16mpg overall, though. Excellent in the mountains, snow, etc."

I love my car

By on Monday, September 19, 2011

Pros: "Roomy"

Cons: "Its just old..."

"Its time for something new, but I absolutely love my 1995 Pathfinder...she's (yes, she's a girl lol) has gotten me all around Philadelphia, PA down to Miami, FL, all over Miami, and finally across the U.S. to Los Angeles....she's reliable when treated right =)"

94 pathy LE

By on Sunday, July 11, 2010

"I have owned this car since o bought off the lot and it has been a great car for me. 128,000 miles strong frame, durable 4x4, and very good handling on all types of roads. makes excellent as a car to drive around town in or play in the mud and off road on the weekends. also, a very safe vehicle. i got hit from behind in it by a little altima that was going about 40 and all that happened to my car was the bumper got bent in a little bit. their car got totally demolished and looked like a truck ran it over. overall a great vehicle to own and worth every penny of the $28,000 it cost brand new"

1995 Pathfinder

By on Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Awesome vehicle bought it in 2003. I am now selling it in 2010. Only thing i had to repair on it was a brake caliper. Had service done on injectors shorting out. Then just the regular service after that. She only has 99k and is ready to go to someone else for another 100k. Fuel economy is pretty poor 12-16mpg depending time of year and driving highway or city, and the V6 in it is very under powered other than that solid 4x4 SUV."

Excellent!

By on Saturday, April 03, 2010

"Bought a 1992 Pathfinder with 220,000 miles on it from my brother-in-law, it has 260,000 miles on it now. We replaced the fuel pump 10,000 miles ago and recently replaced the water pump, otherwise routine oil changes. 4x4 worked GREAT this winter! Lots of snow and we live in rural KS, we were able to get around where most others couldn't. We pulled out a $60,000 Lincoln Navigator with the "fancy" 4-wheel drive. Hoping to get another 100K miles on this SUV. Looking to buy another Pathfinder 1992 - 1995. They just can't be beat!"

Not bad

By on Monday, December 07, 2009

"Very reliable car indeed."

Thru college and way beyond

By on Monday, September 07, 2009

"Mine was actually an 87, 4x4 v6 and it was really solid. Was a high school graduation present and it just never quit. I beat it up pretty good and didn't have much money for maintenance. But it never left me in a jam. Had to replace the water pump a couple times, and the clutch master cylinder. But after 300k+ and 12 years that's really no problem at all. Finally had to let it go because I didn't take very good care of it, it still ran fine though."

great !

By on Saturday, June 20, 2009

"mines getting old, ugly and it stinks, but it's so reliable i'm scared to get rid of it."

My Baby is Voting Age!

By on Thursday, June 04, 2009

"After 21 years, my 1988 Pathfinder is still going. We hit 298,000 miles last week. She needs ball joints and coolant system overhaul but my baby has never EVER had ANY major repairs! Still original tranny and engine. Well, if one includes mouse nests in the AC, then she's had a repair or two. My mechanic tells me the once or twice a year I see him to get a new car but... but I just can't let my baby go. I bought her new and have been all over the country, in every type of terrain and she's never let me down. Not once (aside from a broken fan belt which was my fault for not checking). I hear the newer Pathfinders are terrible compared to the old ones so it breaks my heart to have to even consider replacing her. She has always gotten and STILL gets 20 mpg. Better than the new ones! I could not have found a better set of wheels then or now."

A Very Reliable Vehicle

By on Friday, February 27, 2009

"I have bought my first vehicle a 93 Nissan Pathfinder and have had it for about 2 years now and I'm glad I bought it! It has over 245,000 miles on it and it still drives great! Its very reliable and it starts up every time. I live in a climate that rains alot and sometimes snows and my pathfinder handles beautifully in it! I have had to replace the water pump and the turn signal/light switch, and it has an exhaust leak. It's not a super fast vehicle with a lot of passing power on the highway. Other than that I have no other complaints about it. Its easy to drive and such a dang reliable vehicle!"

Excellent drive train but...

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"We have owned our 1990 SE since new and it now has 150k miles. The drive train seems like it would go forever but I'm not sure the rest of the vehicle is up to it. An accumulation of problems with the door locks, power windows, ignition and AC have me wondering if it's worth keeping or not. None of this is due to neglected maintenance. Power has never been impressive but the 5 speed helps. Turning radius is terrible for such a small truck. To be fair it has been a solid vehicle but my '97 Ford Expedition has been better overall even if the engine is not as refined."

WOW!! this vehicle is the BomB!!

By on Sunday, January 11, 2009

"This auto rocks! It climbs, crawls, gets into some pretty deep water, and dosnt mind. I am keeping this vehicle!"

Most reliable vehicle ever

By on Friday, January 09, 2009

"This is the best vehicle I have ever owned!!! I have relied on my 1995 Pathfinder for 14+ years and it has not failed me yet!!! :)"

Mr. Dependable SUV

By on Friday, January 02, 2009

"I purchased my '93 Pathfinder XE in the spring of '94 with 6,000 miles on it. It now has 160,000 miles and is still going strong. I am ashamed to admit that I have not always been the best at getting all the regular maintenance done on this vehicle, and yet it just keeps on going for me. It is great in snow and has never overheated in our hot summers with the a/c going full blast. The back seat is narrower than we would like as the back wheel wells take up some of the space. We purchased this rig when we had our second baby, now they are both teenagers and fight over who is going to get mom's Pathfinder. Still cool enough for teens to fight over?! Not bad for a vehicle that is as old as they are. I cannot say enough good things about my sweet little Pathfinder. I will own it until the wheels fall off."

Goes Anywhere

By on Friday, December 05, 2008

"I am the 4th or 5th owner of this vehicle. Shipped it to Africa with 150k on it. Two mechanical problems: Auto-locking hubs stuck open, and relay blew in ignition system. Both easily resolved. Great car for off-roading in harsh conditions. I have punished it in the African wilderness, knocked down trees, created my own roads, and driven through water above the headlights. It has never left me stranded. Low gas mileage, but highly recommended for anyone who needs a cheap, reliable car that will go anywhere."

One of the best

By on Saturday, November 01, 2008

"I have 210K on my 94 XE 5 spd 2WD. Was the most basic Pathfinder out. I added running boards and it actually came with power windows, locks, and had the most premium speakers Nissan had. The guy I bought it from was the original owner and ordered it special. Anyway, the 87-95 Nissan trucks - Pathfinder included are gonna go down as one of the most reliable and cost efficent vehicles of the 20th century."

just keep up P.M.

By on Friday, October 10, 2008

"I bought a 95 Pathfinder sight unseen in the middle of a snow storm and lived up a long dirt driveway off a dirt road...when the driveway wasnt plowed it went up like a charm .......owed it for years without mechanical problems...bought another 95 3 months later.still running like a charm also,with over 140,00 miles on it."

I love mine!

By on Saturday, October 04, 2008

"I just love mine! 200k miles, and still going strong."

truck that never quits

By on Monday, September 29, 2008

"I brought this 1989 pathfinder XEV6 for $1600 a while back. Now it is pushing 270,000 miles on the original engine and transmission. I have to tell you this engine is unbreakable, it had suck mud into the intake during a deep mud crossing and the engine was fine just needed to change the air filter and clean the mud off the intake and it ran like new again. One weak point that i notice is that the window regulator keep breaking other then that its bulletproof"

MADE FOR EVERY NEED

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"I HAVE OWNED TWO OF THESE AND WOULD RUN THEM NEXT TO A TOYOTA OR HONDA SUV ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. THE BOXY BODY STYLE IS STILL WITH THE TIMES AND THE LEG ROOM IS SWEET FOR AN SUV THIS SIZE. THE GAS MILEAGE IS EASY ON THE WALLETT. THE ONLY THING I WOULD CHANGE IS THE BOLT THAT GOES THRU THE MANIFOLD THAT ISN'T TIGHTENED IN FACTORY AND EVENTUALLY BECOMES LOSE AND LETTING WATER IN. THIS CAUSES SMALL AMOUNT OF RUST AND YOU HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THE SUCKING SOUND THE ENGINE MAKES WITH AIR FLOWING THRU. I ALSO THINK IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE ARM REST ON BOTH BUCKET SEATS IN FRONT."

Nineteen Great Years

By on Thursday, June 26, 2008

"After 19 years and 252,000 miles I'm retiring my Pathfinder for a Hybrid SUV. What alot of fun we had. Even though I went through four rebuilt transmissions, two windshields, door lock problems - both sides, in the final analysis it was a wonderful vehicle. Even though the body rusted thru in two places, the master cylinder is leaking, its starting to burn oil off the exhaust manifold, and the tires are almost bald, I'm going to keep it as work vehicle. Snow and rain, its taken me too far, I can't give it up"