1994 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 168 Ratings for the 1987 - 1995 models.

Nissan out did themselves

By on Saturday, July 07, 2007

"Well ive owned this car forever and its taken all the rolls and punches of work/school commute and out to the lake and taking me rockclimbing. Even taken some local road trips! If only fuel economy was a little better(but was not major issue!). I wish I could drive it forever i regret the day i let her go without a fight. I am now NISSAN Pathfinder Loyalist! Recommend all the time. True tank of the road. Easy to work on and maintenence in over 150,000miles has never broke down on me with good maintenance. Heck this lil import even has towed Suburbans, cars and truks of friends with tow chain. Must be funney to see a lil import pull a BIG suburban down the highway! Dont regret a single thing only that i had a manual transmission would be even MORE FUN."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Monday, April 26, 2010

"My Pathfinder has given me almost 15 years of quality service. The engine still runs great after over 220,000 miles and has now outlived the frame (rust) . It it is time to trade it in, but I am very satisfied with the quality and dependablilty that my Pathfinder has given me over the years."

Very Reliable

By on Saturday, February 20, 2010

"I researched big time before buying a '95 Pathfinder. I wanted the model based on the truck frame and the owners reviews of this year were appealing. After owning this for over 4 years and putting it through every nasty situation possible I have to agree with the other reviews. This might be the most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned. Four wheeling on the beach, mountain climbing in Colorado or just plowing through the Midwest winters my Pathfinder is always up to the task and has never let me down or left me stranded. The odometer just turned 126K and everything is still working great. I love the heated seats. The best thing is that its paid for and I fully expect with routine maint. to get another 126K out of her without any major issues. Gotta love it Zoom Zoom baby!"

'88 Nissan Pathfinder: fair

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Reliable. EZ repair. EZ to drive mtns"

Cons: "No electric or cuphldrs. Plastic warped. Bad seats"

"Bought basic XE, 2 dr '88 Nissan Path. w/143k mi in '94 from friend who'd kept it in good condition. Drove ~175 mi/wk mountain commute w/ some weekend trips 450 mi. In its later life, it moved to the temperate lowlands and only makes occasional trips to the Sierra in winter (4WD) or when a truck is needed for hauling "things" or wood. It now has 294K mi"

great 4 x 4

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"i have covered the USA in my pathfinder. After 15 years of faithful service i am giving it to my aunt as with a larger family i just need more room... If you can find a well maintained vehicle this is the best vehicle you will ever own. Take good care of her and she will never let you down... If your are going to keep her, Always spend the few extra dollars on genuine nissan parts... the quality is so far above the junk at the auto store."

better than average suv

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "easy to drive and goes anywhere"

Cons: "poor fuel efficiency and under powered"

"Hope this is helpful."

Most reliable I've ever owned!!

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "gas, only about 16m per gal."

"I bought mine in 1999 with 113k. It looked practically brand new, fully loaded, leather, sunroof,oversized wheels, 4WD. Only major issue was rebuilt tranny at 285k .. the rest has been normal svcs. Still running strong today. It is very comfortable, I keep it clean and drive it to work everyday .. 331k miles and counting. Great SUV!"

the toughest

By on Sunday, January 24, 2010

"Ive owned 9 vehicles of all makes and my patfinder by far is the toughest most reliable, 1n 300000 miles it still has the original clutch all i ever had to do was an oil pressure switch shocks once and a fuel pump... and those didnt go out until 270000 miles"

Can't let go!

By on Thursday, January 14, 2010

"As a second owner since 34000 mi, and maintaining it carefully, I find this the most fun, best handling tow vehicle (yes, even over my '04 suburban)I've ever had. With manual trans. it handles the heavy chores with aplomb and skips through the daily commute handily. At 165000 mi. 5th gear sings a little, so I stopped using it- no problem! The 3 L motor has been pampered with syntec and still DOESN'T USE A DROP OF OIL! Only major maintenance is clutch and timing belt. Only concern is rusting frame and underside of body- welder has reinforced it once- it's about time to again- 'don't want to look like Fred Flintstone out there!"

Very reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Have owned many vehicles, BMW, Lexus. Mercedes, Porsche...but I feel that the 1993 Pathfinder SE w/ heated leather seats ( Hi/Low), Sport Suspension, Tow package, Limited Slip Rear Diff, and Factory Tinted windows has been very dependable and great in the snow. Note towed out many vehicles that were stuck in the Big Snow Storm in Portland 2008. Never any doubt that I couldn't get them out. Our Lexus RX 300 was OK...the Pathfinder was better.. The Michelin LTX M/S is THE tire for this vehicle. Ist set last 80K, 2nd set still looks like New. Only complaint: It needs the 3.5 l engine that came in the later Pathfinders.. One of the Best features: The beautiful well bolstered heated ( hi/low ) seats..there as good as the seats in the Porsche ! Like 'em better than the Lexus seats..Another great feature: the lift rear window in the the rear tailgate..very cool feature, as the dogs get to look out and get fresh air , while they travel in their kennels...They love it ! Also, love the roof rack for the trips to Home Depot...The Pathfinder tends to be thirsty, but the rig never breaks down ! highly recommend the Pathfinder..."