1994 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 167 Ratings for the 1987 - 1995 models.

Nissan out did themselves

By on Saturday, July 07, 2007

"Well ive owned this car forever and its taken all the rolls and punches of work/school commute and out to the lake and taking me rockclimbing. Even taken some local road trips! If only fuel economy was a little better(but was not major issue!). I wish I could drive it forever i regret the day i let her go without a fight. I am now NISSAN Pathfinder Loyalist! Recommend all the time. True tank of the road. Easy to work on and maintenence in over 150,000miles has never broke down on me with good maintenance. Heck this lil import even has towed Suburbans, cars and truks of friends with tow chain. Must be funney to see a lil import pull a BIG suburban down the highway! Dont regret a single thing only that i had a manual transmission would be even MORE FUN."

This thing is "Bullet Proof".

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

"Keep up the maintenance and there is no end to how long these things will run. No major repairs, and it purrs like a kitten. I bleieve it will make at laast 400,000 it may even reach 500,000 miles."

Great Overall SUV

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "very reliable, 4x4 works great"

Cons: "underpowered"

"Great overall SUV. When I first purchased it (about 164k miles) it would have issues starting. Turns out the starter was going bad, and one day it didn't start and had to be towed. Starter is a bear to replace and takes a shop 3 hours and if you do it yourself 5-6 hours. After replacing the starter I haven't had any issues. I've owned a couple Jeep Cherokees and this far surpasses their ability when off-roading. Engine runs smoother than just about any vehicle I have owned. They are a little underpowered, but during the winter is a good thing as you don't get tire spin like you would with something with more get up and go. They are rated at about 14MPG city, but I average 16 MPG. Best being 16.7, worst being about 14.9 (city only). As long as you find one that has been taken care of you will have a vehicle that will get you through anything and start every time."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Monday, April 26, 2010

"My Pathfinder has given me almost 15 years of quality service. The engine still runs great after over 220,000 miles and has now outlived the frame (rust) . It it is time to trade it in, but I am very satisfied with the quality and dependablilty that my Pathfinder has given me over the years."

Too Good To Let Go

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"My '93 was purchased from my brother in '96 with 60K on it at the time. I now have over 250,000 on it, and just paid my mechanic (a Nissan master mechanic who left the dealership) to give it whatever it needed: new shocks, brakes, electrical work and repair of an exhaust leak, because I cannot bear to part with it. The transmission is not original - was replaced while still under warranty. The original engine blew a year ago, due to a different mechanic's failure to properly diagnose a timing problem (when my trusted mechanic was temporarily unavailable). I paid my mechanic to find a replacement engine last year, one with 100K on it, and have not looked back. Was told once by another Nissan master mechanic that this production year was still a truck chassis, but later years are built on a car chassis, and that I should never let this one go. So far, I have had to agree. BTW - my brother gave this one up for a '95, which now has over 300K on it."