2015 Nissan NV3500 HD Cargo Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $31,677 - $32,492.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 06/02/2016

9.6

Based on 18 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great value, but not fancy

By on Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Pros: "Great price, very easy to drive"

Cons: "few options, leather seats are disappointing"

"We have a 2015 that I drive everyday. Really like the car. Gas mileage averages 15mpg, but I commute on the interstate (at or over 70)every day. The ride and seating options are great. My husband has a truck that is the same length, and it is much more difficult to turn and navigate than the NV--the front and rear sonar along with the rear camera and huge side windows really help to ensure that you have a clear view whether backing up, changing lanes, or squeezing into a tight spot. I wish there were more options to choose from--like automatic headlights and motorized sliding door. I have had headlights that you can set to automatically come on at night for over 10 years--not even an option on the NV3500. The sliding door is quite heavy. Our children are young, and we don't allow them to try to open the door, as our driveway is steep and if the door is not latched in the open position, can fall back on them. They are not strong enough to stop the door once it begins moving forward. :-( The leather seats are a bit of a disappointment. They are a pretty low grade leather--not at all like the leather in their Altimas. Recently, the leather on the driver and front passenger seats began to discolor--like they were picking up the color from the dark pants that I have to wear to work. At only 5 months old, that is not expected. Hopefully, that will be resolved."

I like my NV2500 SV V6 so far, some reservations

By on Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pros: "More comfortable than the competition, reasonable price"

Cons: "Questionable exterior fit and finish, lack of OEM parts and accessories"

"With under 1,000 miles on the odometer the NV is almost everthing promised. Since Nissan doesn't post MPG on commercial vehicles I thought it might be helpful to oters to know that my NV2500 SV with the 4.0 V6 gets between 16- 17 mpg (better than my 5.4 F150 Supercrew) with a mix of local and highway miles. The interior is very nice compared to the E150, although, if you're alergic to plastic you're in trouble. The reason my "Value", "Quality," and "Overall" ratings are 3's and 4's relate to exterior fit and finish. If you are considering buying one of these vans be sure to check the finish on the roof. While watertight, spotwelds are visible on the roof (through the paint), seams in the various sections of roof look a little "forced", and locations where the roof rack brackets attach to the roof (on my van) are down-right sloppy. There are large amounts of what appears to be the sealant "goop" spread throughout the channel containing the roof brackets, and this entire mess is painted over. While functionally the roof does it's job, and because of it's out-of-sight it may not be a big deal to some buyers, but it just seems sloppy for a new vehicle. Hopefully Nissan will address these quality issues. The final issue relates to any new vehicle I suppose, but, be sure that any options that you want on the vehicle are installed at the factory not by the dealer (if possible). In my case, I wanted the rear door glass package and shock-sensors on the van, and was told that they could be added later (they would arrive in "about 2 weeks"). Well, after 3 weeks they are still not available, and it is unclear when they will become available, at what price, and whether they will be as good as the factory installed options (i.e.,whether or not the windows will have defrosters, etc.). All in all I like my NV. Once the options I want are installed it should serve it's purpose for the next 8- 10 years. We'll see..."

Far more comfortable than any other cargo van...

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I don't own this car

Pros: "Comfort, functionality, storage, cargo area"

"So I have driven the NV on a few test drives and would have to say the lack of the engine inside the vehicle like the Chevrolet and Ford makes it by far the most comfortable van I've ever driven. Very comfortable seats and a ton of foot and legroom. I set the cruise control on the 2500 Low Roof V6 and the computer stated 18.6 MPG's which was great as fuel eceonomy is a concern for me. I have driven many Chevrolet and Ford Cargo Vans over the years and the NV is by far a superior product. The walls of the van are straight and with the shelves I saw at the dealer looks like a lot less wasted space. It will be nice to finally have a center console, cup holders and storage for my laptop and the under seat storage drawers are a nice touch. As far as there being too much plastic, I guess there is a lot of it but it seems well put together... I was interested more in the V6 when I heard it had more HP than the Ford V8 engine and still got better fuel economy. All in all a great van, especially for someone in their van ALL day"

Best 12 passenger van available hands down.

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, safer. Tows very well."

Cons: "dash board set up poor."

"Just returned from a Tx to FL trip with 9 us in the van and towing a 30 ft. travel trailer. This van blows away my previous vans; a 2002 Dodge 3500 and the 2007 Ford E350XLT 6.0 Turbo-diesel that I traded in on this. The handling , comfort, stability and power of this van are all impressive. The transmission is amazing in how it handles towing a large load, I never once had to floor it. The three 12 volt and two 120volt outlets were very handy. Without a trailer the backup camera makes parking this beast absolutely easy. Biggest drawbacks; not offered with running boards or any type of video options. This van is the only one to have for large families like ours"

Hands down best work van ever made!

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Ride, looks, power, gas milage,etc"

Cons: "Ladder rack placement"

"I have owned the van for four months now and have now complaints at all! I that time I have put over 15000 miles on the NV1500 and it is alot smoother then the ford or chevy that I have driven owned in the past. If they can build enough of them this will take the place of the Ford and Chevy models now offered. They have not left anything out on this Van. Now with eveything there are good and bad points. The good is ride, gas milage, power, space, looks(everyone wants to know what it is?), and the rear doors make loading and unloading much easier. Now the only bad thing I have found so far is the ladder rack mounting points. They offer alot of different options put the rear one is not back far enough. It is hard to put large ladders on the van without scratching the roof. Besides that I would recomends this to anyone loking at buying a new work van."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next