2015 Nissan NV1500 Cargo Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,047 - $26,415.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 05/05/2016

9.6

Based on 18 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great value, but not fancy

By on Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Pros: "Great price, very easy to drive"

Cons: "few options, leather seats are disappointing"

"We have a 2015 that I drive everyday. Really like the car. Gas mileage averages 15mpg, but I commute on the interstate (at or over 70)every day. The ride and seating options are great. My husband has a truck that is the same length, and it is much more difficult to turn and navigate than the NV--the front and rear sonar along with the rear camera and huge side windows really help to ensure that you have a clear view whether backing up, changing lanes, or squeezing into a tight spot. I wish there were more options to choose from--like automatic headlights and motorized sliding door. I have had headlights that you can set to automatically come on at night for over 10 years--not even an option on the NV3500. The sliding door is quite heavy. Our children are young, and we don't allow them to try to open the door, as our driveway is steep and if the door is not latched in the open position, can fall back on them. They are not strong enough to stop the door once it begins moving forward. :-( The leather seats are a bit of a disappointment. They are a pretty low grade leather--not at all like the leather in their Altimas. Recently, the leather on the driver and front passenger seats began to discolor--like they were picking up the color from the dark pants that I have to wear to work. At only 5 months old, that is not expected. Hopefully, that will be resolved."

I like my NV2500 SV V6 so far, some reservations

By on Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pros: "More comfortable than the competition, reasonable price"

Cons: "Questionable exterior fit and finish, lack of OEM parts and accessories"

"With under 1,000 miles on the odometer the NV is almost everthing promised. Since Nissan doesn't post MPG on commercial vehicles I thought it might be helpful to oters to know that my NV2500 SV with the 4.0 V6 gets between 16- 17 mpg (better than my 5.4 F150 Supercrew) with a mix of local and highway miles. The interior is very nice compared to the E150, although, if you're alergic to plastic you're in trouble. The reason my "Value", "Quality," and "Overall" ratings are 3's and 4's relate to exterior fit and finish. If you are considering buying one of these vans be sure to check the finish on the roof. While watertight, spotwelds are visible on the roof (through the paint), seams in the various sections of roof look a little "forced", and locations where the roof rack brackets attach to the roof (on my van) are down-right sloppy. There are large amounts of what appears to be the sealant "goop" spread throughout the channel containing the roof brackets, and this entire mess is painted over. While functionally the roof does it's job, and because of it's out-of-sight it may not be a big deal to some buyers, but it just seems sloppy for a new vehicle. Hopefully Nissan will address these quality issues. The final issue relates to any new vehicle I suppose, but, be sure that any options that you want on the vehicle are installed at the factory not by the dealer (if possible). In my case, I wanted the rear door glass package and shock-sensors on the van, and was told that they could be added later (they would arrive in "about 2 weeks"). Well, after 3 weeks they are still not available, and it is unclear when they will become available, at what price, and whether they will be as good as the factory installed options (i.e.,whether or not the windows will have defrosters, etc.). All in all I like my NV. Once the options I want are installed it should serve it's purpose for the next 8- 10 years. We'll see..."

Hands down the best large van for a large family!

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Pros: "Everything, best full-sized van on the market."

Cons: "Rear visibility"

"This is our second NV. Our first was a 2013 NV SV which we had for two years and 38k miles. We wanted to upgrade to the 2015 SL for the leather seats and the 100k mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. I was astounded at the trade-in value of our 2013. Additionally, the dealer had our 2013 on their lot for a grand total of 1 day before they sold it - the day it went on their Web site it was sold. We love the 2015 more then our first 2013. Previous to the NV we had a 2011 Chevy Express 2500. Additionally, we have rented a 2014 Ford Transit while on vacation. In my opinion, neither of these vans are even in the same class as the NV. The NV wins in: 1. Size and space 2. Interior features and comforts 3. Technology 4. Warranty 5. Ride comfort 6. Looks 7. Power and towing ease Regarding item 1, The NV is huge. Tons of head room, leg room, etc. With the size though comes some issues. Don't try to fit in most parking garages and plan on parking toward the back of the lot at your local Walmart. When we rented that large Ford Transit for 12 days in 2014, once we returned to the airport and got back in our NV I felt like a midget. Item 2, interior features and comforts. All kinds of cup holders, power outlets and map pockets. While the Ford and Chevy's feel like their only purpose is to cart people back and forth from the airport to the hotel the NV feels like it is meant for a family to drive around town or on vacation in. Now this doesn't mean it has the same level of amenities as say a Toyota minivan but compared to the other vans in this segment it is the clear winner. Item 3, technology. Back-up camera (an absolute must as the rear-view mirror is nothing more than a windshield ornament due to the rear seat head rests), GPS, bluetooth, speaker phone. Again, not comparing the NV to a fancy SUV but compared to the other vans in this segment it has the best tech. Item 4, Warranty. It's not even a fair competition. 100k bumper-to-bumper come on now! We have yet to use the warranty on our 2015 with 12k miles. On the 2013 we had the van in twice for a rattly sliding side door (which seems to be a common issue). Also, the bumper bolts on the chrome bumper were starting to rust and causing rust streaks on the bumper. The front bumper was replaced twice for this. Item 5, Ride comfort. Again, not comparing the NV to a Cadillac but instead to the other full size vans. The ride is not even close. The ride on our Chevy 3500 was like sitting on a skate board down a rode with pot holes at 35 MPH. The Ford we rented was much, much better but still felt like a big truck. The NV rides very nice. No longer do I have to warn the family when we are getting ready to go down a bumpy road. Item 6 Looks. I love, love, love the look of our NV. We have a black SL with chrome wheels and bumpers and tinted windows. When it is all shined up in the summer it looks like a Secret Service or SWAT van. I also like that there are so few on the road and it gets attention. Recently we were 70 miles from home and saw a fried of ours who lived in that town sitting at a stop light next to us. She recognized us from a distance as soon as she saw our van. As far as looks, be prepared for gawkers. I would say that weekly, at the gas station or at the store, someone asks 'what the heck is that'. Finally, Power and towing ease. The Nissan never, ever fells like it is lacking power. We have a 7000 lb 32 foot travel trailer that we pull. With our Chevy, which had a Vortec 6.0L, you knew the trailer was back there. With the NV, I have actually found myself checking my mirrors to make sure I didn't lose the trailer. The NV has power to spare even when pulling a heavy trailer. In summary, my wife and our eight children love this van. It is hard for me to think of any negative comments. Obviously, it could be less expensive or have more tech but when doing an apples to apples comparison of the direct competition it is hard to find even one thing Chevy or Ford does better. If the NV is in your price range I would not even waste my time at the Chevy or Ford dealer!!!"

Far more comfortable than any other cargo van...

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I don't own this car

Pros: "Comfort, functionality, storage, cargo area"

"So I have driven the NV on a few test drives and would have to say the lack of the engine inside the vehicle like the Chevrolet and Ford makes it by far the most comfortable van I've ever driven. Very comfortable seats and a ton of foot and legroom. I set the cruise control on the 2500 Low Roof V6 and the computer stated 18.6 MPG's which was great as fuel eceonomy is a concern for me. I have driven many Chevrolet and Ford Cargo Vans over the years and the NV is by far a superior product. The walls of the van are straight and with the shelves I saw at the dealer looks like a lot less wasted space. It will be nice to finally have a center console, cup holders and storage for my laptop and the under seat storage drawers are a nice touch. As far as there being too much plastic, I guess there is a lot of it but it seems well put together... I was interested more in the V6 when I heard it had more HP than the Ford V8 engine and still got better fuel economy. All in all a great van, especially for someone in their van ALL day"

Love it!

By on Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Pros: "price reliability fun to drive"

Cons: "side door heavy with nose down"

"I bought mine as a RV conversion and it is everything that I could want. I have the eight cylender version, it is fast maneuverable and so far no problems at 60,000 miles. At first when I saw it I thought it looked funny with that nose sticking out. But it is nice not having a huge cover inside the cab.Engine compartment is huge and if you need to work on it has lots of room to get around in. seating is comfortable and having camera screen in dash is great. Only minor negative is that side door is heavy and if you park nose down can be a bear to open. It is a great vehicle and great buy. Have shown my conversion more than 200 times"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next