2013 Nissan NV1500 Cargo

9.6

Based on 11 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

I like my NV2500 SV V6 so far, some reservations

By on Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pros: "More comfortable than the competition, reasonable price"

Cons: "Questionable exterior fit and finish, lack of OEM parts and accessories"

"With under 1,000 miles on the odometer the NV is almost everthing promised. Since Nissan doesn't post MPG on commercial vehicles I thought it might be helpful to oters to know that my NV2500 SV with the 4.0 V6 gets between 16- 17 mpg (better than my 5.4 F150 Supercrew) with a mix of local and highway miles. The interior is very nice compared to the E150, although, if you're alergic to plastic you're in trouble. The reason my "Value", "Quality," and "Overall" ratings are 3's and 4's relate to exterior fit and finish. If you are considering buying one of these vans be sure to check the finish on the roof. While watertight, spotwelds are visible on the roof (through the paint), seams in the various sections of roof look a little "forced", and locations where the roof rack brackets attach to the roof (on my van) are down-right sloppy. There are large amounts of what appears to be the sealant "goop" spread throughout the channel containing the roof brackets, and this entire mess is painted over. While functionally the roof does it's job, and because of it's out-of-sight it may not be a big deal to some buyers, but it just seems sloppy for a new vehicle. Hopefully Nissan will address these quality issues. The final issue relates to any new vehicle I suppose, but, be sure that any options that you want on the vehicle are installed at the factory not by the dealer (if possible). In my case, I wanted the rear door glass package and shock-sensors on the van, and was told that they could be added later (they would arrive in "about 2 weeks"). Well, after 3 weeks they are still not available, and it is unclear when they will become available, at what price, and whether they will be as good as the factory installed options (i.e.,whether or not the windows will have defrosters, etc.). All in all I like my NV. Once the options I want are installed it should serve it's purpose for the next 8- 10 years. We'll see..."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan NV1500 Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals