• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $37,753 - $39,787.

10/7.4

Based on 220 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 | Next

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

DO NOT BUY

By on Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"I would like to provide a surprising update to my previous posting on April 5th 2009. This was on a 2009 Murano SL AWD. My feelings quickly changed shortly after posting my last review when I had to address an issue with my engine to Nissan. The engine would make a squealing noise at lower RPM (1,500-2,000). This is generally where the RPM was during light acceleration which would be maintaining your cruising speed in normal traffic. I dealt with two different Nissan dealers in my city as well as Nissan Consumer Affairs, all of which said the noise was normal and was the hydraulics in the CVT engine. Before I was told this, the service manager of a Nissan dealer heard the noise and agreed with me it was not normal. However because of the reason he was provided by the Nissan tech people, he sided with them and I was left to deal with the noise. I however have found several postings on various websites where I was clearly not the only person to be dealing with this issue. I also found the consumer affairs people at Nissan to be very unkind and could care less about the quality of the vehicles with their name on it. In July 2010 I reached my boiling point. My gas gauge had been reading incorrectly, not showing full after filling the tank, at one point it even read empty and the trip computer was flashing low tank however it said I had 107 miles to empty. I addressed this to the dealer who said they checked the vehicles computer system and it was not showing any issues with the car. I described exactly what I was experiencing and said “so based on what I am telling you the car is doing, should something have been recorded on the vehicles computer system?” I was told “yes.” My response was “then sounds like you have another issue.” I was speaking with the service manager mind you, and he said he had a pretty good idea what part needed to be replaced but without really seeing the issue at that very moment, he wouldn’t replace anything. I expressed my frustrations with him and the way Nissan handles their service and issues with vehicles, I told him they do not stand by their products. His response to me was “we don’t make them, we just fix them.” Well that’s hard to believe, because they couldn’t even fix my issues. So, that same day I entered the dealership of another auto maker and was able to trade that thing (Murano) after 22 months of a 39 month lease I was actually not upside down and even traded for more than my payoff. So long Nissan. I will never purchase a product from you again and will not recommend your products and will tell everyone I can about my experience with you ."

take it back

By on Thursday, October 07, 2010

"i have to take it back to the dealer 6 time to get work on oil leaks bad gaskets bad sensor ect ect"

Do better? Not likely

By on Thursday, August 19, 2010

"Listen, Let me get to the short strokes here and say that the 2010 Murano, which I just acquired, is the BOMB! It handles for a SUV/Crossover, has power, comfort (Don't discount the COMFORT folk!), and looks cool. I'm smitten."

By on Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Love This Murano

By on Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Just bought a new 2010 Murano LE, and we love it. This is our 3rd Murano, and they have all been great. We have had a 2005, and 2009, both SE's, and now this 2010 LE. We drive alot, and put on about 30,000 miles a year, and we find the car to be comfortable to travel in over long distances, but also easy to navigate around town. We don't see any negatives on the vehicle, and would recommend it highly."

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

By on Monday, July 12, 2010

"After looking at all other cars on the market decided on the Murano. I love the way the car handles, and feels. But...the blind spots are actually dangerous. Would recommend getting a back up camera. Also, with 27K miles on my 2009, both my head gaskets had to be replaced as well as my trasfer case gasket. The rear window foam from within the door came up with the window, and the fan blower stops blowing randomly. After 10 days in service I bought a new Subaru before bringing my Murano home. I have no faith in the repairs as it sounded like a sewing machine and I could feel every gear it went thru. I was told that the 09's were having trouble with the head gaskets by the dealer. Use caution. But, it was fun to drive!!"

Lexus RX Replacement

By on Monday, June 28, 2010

"Superbly screwed together, interior is easily as nice as the last 4 Lexus we've owned. We went with the Murano in lieu of the RX for its sportiness, though it's no a sports car - but it sure handles well, for its features, the Nav system is very well thought out with voice commands that actually work, the bluetooth that works very well, and it's luxury - looks and feels like an Infiniti inside. We traded in our 05 RX and couldn't be happier. We did opt for the LE, and the only thing missing is the rear seat entertainment system - which we didn't need. So far, after over a year of living with the Murano, we feel we made the right decision. We're seeing an overall average of just under 21 MPG, and have seen as high as 25 on the open road. Service has been considerably less expensive than that of the RX's we have had. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this corssover, we love ours."

By on Friday, June 18, 2010

By on Friday, June 11, 2010

By on Sunday, June 06, 2010

Good, but bad paint...

By on Saturday, May 29, 2010

"I have mixed feelings about the car. It's comfortable, good interior, rides nice. I have a black LE. I have owned a number of black cars over the years and know how to take care of a black paint job. However, the Murano has been the most problematic to keep looking nice. The paint is way too soft and scratches ridiculously easy. Buy some other color if you get one. Also, make sure you can live with that grill. Over time it just might get uglier."

Great compact GREAT EVERYTHING

By on Friday, May 21, 2010

"I'm a sedan guy, I was thinking about trading it in for a newer maxima, but then I saw the murano and I wanted to test drive it, so I did. I really liked it and wanted to buy this instead of the new maxima. I selected this murano for many reasons, but the true reason is that the ride was excellent, and the interior was awesome!!!!!"

In love with my car!

By on Friday, May 14, 2010

"I love my car. I have had it for 2 years now, it is a SL AWD with all the bells and whistles I could get. We had a very bad experience with the car dealership, Nelson Nissan of Broken Arrow. Our salesman was very young, which wasn’t a problem, he literally took our keys the moment we walked in the door and we never even got to touch them again. The gas tank wasn’t on empty and had to even stop and get gas on the way home. Once we got home we noticed that there wasn’t a tag on the car so we had to go back to Nelson. Overall bad experience with Nelson- would buy another Murano but we will be going somewhere else next time. Very comfortable ride, easy for elderly people to get into. Navigation has saved me several times, as well as the backup camera. Gets great gas mileage. My car has black leather interior- which looks very fancy. I just passed 42,000 miles and have had my car for 2 years and just started to notice 2 different vibrating noises coming from underneath the dash. I am hoping that Nelson can find the problem, if not, the noises aren’t even noticeable to anyone but me so I guess I could live with it. Was a great buy!"

I would do it again

By on Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"I have owned one for a little over a year and like it. We get 25mpg highway (2wd). Had to get used to the CVT. Not had any of the problems listed in other reviews. The only querk is that the CVT wants to propel you forward when you come to a quick stop, but not a hazard. Like any other car, you get good ones and bad ones. I got a GOOD one! I like it better than my moms Lincoln MKX. The Murano is just as comfortable, not as many gagets...Mine is an S and not an SL. I would buy one again knowing what I know now. This was my first Nissan and I'm impressed."

By on Tuesday, April 20, 2010

By on Monday, March 01, 2010

good value

By on Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"Have owned this vehicle since 5/08 and enjoy driving it....good acceleration, smooth transmission, good in snow, comfortable for a senior citizen and overall a good value have the SL in AWD"

would not buy again

By on Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"Vehicle rides nice, like all the comfort items. do not like the CVT transmission, slips gears, gas milage poor, electrical problems with not much help from nissian. Poor quality and service , will trade or sell soon.. Does not handle snow / slick roads at all worst vehicle I have ever driven, Not much good to say about it, can't wait to get rid of it. Good luck"

By on Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"shopped till I dropped and this vehicle is a winner in all categories"

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"The Murano is a great vehicle and I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking at purchasing an SUV. The ride is great and the controls handy. We looked at many different vehicles and when you compare the price to the features you will not find another vehicle on the market that is better. I would say the Murano is in the class of the Lexus but priced closer to the Edge."

By on Friday, January 22, 2010

By on Saturday, January 02, 2010

I hate this car

By on Sunday, December 13, 2009

"Always having multi problems with the car!! I will never buy a Murano again. I hope I can get a decent trade $ so I can buy a real car!!"

Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 | Next