• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $37,621 - $39,223.

10/7.4

Based on 201 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Terrific car!

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Narrow door slot and rear view could be better"

"I love just about everything about this car. If I had to point out one negative which seems to be across the boards with most crossovers these days is that it does have a blind spot due to the thick pillars in the back. The rear view camera makes up for it though. It is fun to drive and has the pick up that I would except from a car not an suv. Nissan knows what they are doing to say the least!"

Best in my long history of vehicle ownership

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "A head turner in style, Good performance."

Cons: "I like more horsepower, I'm a performance nut."

"This vehicle was purchased used with 70000 miles in 2012, its a 2004 garage kept and loaded, with silver exterior. It has all wheel drive and black leather interior, the seats are large and very comfortable. I have the original window sticker and it was $43000 in 2004. I have made some minor repairs, the paint is excellent, like almost new. This vehicle has enough performance, luxury and style that even as a 2004 model can compete with newer vehicles. I've owned many types of vehicles in my 65 YOA and I can say this Murano pushes all the right buttons for me. Its styling was a little hard for me to take at first, I'm very conservative but upon driving it I was hooked. I would recommend this Vehicle to anyone. I believe Murano was the first to create this style and has been copied by just about all other manufactures. I can't say enough about this vehicle, I love it. It's no longer the new kid on the block and gets over looked by all the Car magazines who push the newest model's offered. Drive the Murano don't over look it."

Nice crossover at a decent price!

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Looks, highway cruising, quiet ride, features"

Cons: "small door pockets, some features, a/c just ok"

"It's a good crossover with a decent/fairly quiet ride. I own the 2012 SV version which still gave me (as standard) a backup camera (very necessary), driver and passenger power seats, dual moonroof (which wasn't important to me, but should help the resale value), and dual zone a/c with rear vents while still offering cloth seats which I prefer (not leather like other car companies force you to get with those features and charge you more for). Other good things about this car is the excellent handling, large screen backup camera in the middle of the dashboard,auxillary input jack for my mp3, and fantastic exterior looks with the sweet merlot red color. I've also had no major repairs done in the year and half of ownership. It excells at highway cruising and steering is dead on. Cloth armrests on doors are also nice as well as the pushbutton start and the pushbutton door handles that allow for easy entry. The not so great is the narrow door pockets with no cupholders, no gray cloth interior offered (had to take black which I still like better than the beige that most usually come with), just average size cargo capacity, the cupholders behind the gearshift that's just too tall, narrow rear passenger side air vents that barely work and no seperate controls for them, ride needs to be just a little softer for front and more so for the rear passengers, standard tires don't do well in snow and makes you feel little cracks in the road, dual zone a/c doesn't always work correctly, speed sensitive stereo volume control doesn't work at all, steering is a little light at low speeds, brakes are a little touchy, cvt doesn't downshift low enough for good highway passing, had to order special windshield sunshade because store bought versions weren't long enough to fit right under the visors, rearview mirror (which is too small) gets too weak on hot summer days so can't use a clip on extended mirror for better visibility, lowbeam headights need to be greatly improved, view between side mirrors (which are too tall) and door sills (just too thick) are too obstructed for good outward visibility to the sides, front wipers should be hidden better from driver's view when not used, windshield defroster doesn't work with recirculating air so outside smoke/exhuast usually comes in (not fun in winter) and windows fog up a lot when heater is used, and speedometer is sometimes hard to see in the evening. Also had to drive out of state (around 7 hours) to purchase exact car I wanted since dealership wasn't willing to bring the car to it's store which would have been within a fourty five minute drive of where I lived. Even with these complaints, I still haven't seen any SUV crossovers that were better than the Murano for standard features (without leather), style, and handling ability, and any car on the road today will have it's fair share of imperfections or problems. The Murano isn't perfect but it's still better overall than most cars I've seen, owned, or test drove!"

Cons: "CVT maintenance expensive."

"I bought my Murano brand new. Less than one mile on the odometer. I put over 140,000 miles on it without one repair. Only regular maintenance items. The CVT Transmission is a little weird at first but after you get used to it those transmissions that shift seem weird. The quality of build is better than any of the American built cars I had in the past. The feel of the buttons and controls. The Murano does nothing outstanding. I have had faster cars, better handling cars and better four wheel drive cars. But the Murano does everything well. Best overall vehicle I ever bought to this point."

Cons: "CVT maintenance expensive."

definitely the best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive comfortable, powerful."

Cons: "Premium gas, so so mileage."

"Comfortable ride, excellent handling plenty of power, the only downside is premium gas and so so mileage"

Luxury SUV before looking at Edge and Highlander

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "ride, panoramic moon roof, style, luxury"

Cons: "needs few features at great price"

"pleased with my Murano SL its an great outstanding crossover. Made a purchase on March 3rd so far have been great for past couple weeks driving it. Everything seems be the best in a luxury smooth ride, handles great, controls are so excellent even reminds me driving an Infiniti vehicle because has the upscale performance and new looks of a more top of the line SUV. After looking for Toyota Highlander and Ford Edge tried an Murano because like the looks better than both SUVs even seems better in features with all the goodies."

Comfortable, good sized crossover

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, keyless entry, leather, wood trim"

Cons: "No daytime running lights, fuel door button"

"I bought a used 2010 LE from a Nissan dealer a few months ago. So far it's been awesome. Pros: Very easy and fun to drive, it's powerful but still quiet. The interior is super comfortable and looks high-end and stylish. The backseat and cargo space have plenty of room. My favorite features are the keyless entry and push-button start. No more fumbling with keys! Cons: The buttons for the cargo door and fuel door are very inconvenient and hard to see in the dark. There aren't any daytime running lights. Gas mileage is satisfactory, I average 18.5 mpg driving 70% city. Overall, a great car and so happy I bought it!"