2012 Nissan Murano

Based on 224 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

great suv

By on Sunday, November 14, 2010

"Excellent vehicle. Little expensive new but very good quality. Will buy another."

take it back

By on Thursday, October 07, 2010

"i have to take it back to the dealer 6 time to get work on oil leaks bad gaskets bad sensor ect ect"

By on Wednesday, August 18, 2010

By on Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"shopped till I dropped and this vehicle is a winner in all categories"

Great vehicle for people on the go!

By on Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, very manuveralbe and nimble."

Cons: "Price - expecially for the higher end models."

"I own three Muranos ('03, '05) and now a 2012. The 2003 bas 168K on it and has been trouble free for 9 years of ownership. I am selling the '03 to my nephew who is 17 and about to head to college knowing it has many good miles left. The 2003 is an excellent vehilce and fun to drive but the 2012 takes up up another couple of notches. The '12 rides better, handles better and seems a bit more sophisticated. Though the Murano's are on the higher end of the price scale for their class, I now understand the value in owning one for long term since owning three and the first one is still running very well and has had zero mechanical issues in 9 years. I highly recommned the Murano and will likely purchase another one in the future."

Highly Recommended.

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"Love the feel of it and style, wish the interior was a little more luxurious but I'd rather have the comfort and performance. Seats are great and everything is at your fingertips no matter your size. A lot of room for the whole family and carrying just about anything in the back. We looked around for different makes and styles, test drove toyota, nissan, honda, infinity, subaru, porsche, lexus, bmw and hyundai. After going through different models found the right one at the right price. We were leaning towards Nissan, Toyota and Lexus since Honda is overrated; Porsche, infinity and Bmw didn't make any sense for the money and Subaru and Hyundai just didn't feel right. In the end style, comfort and value turned us to the Nissan Murano, the engine feels great and everyone likes the looks of it, we love the fact that it feels like a sedan with extra room but great for driving in the city and freeway."

The Honeymoon is over

By on Sunday, March 20, 2011

"I would like to report that the honeymoon is over. Most of us know that this is the period of time when everything about our recent aquisition is perfect and all shiny and new. That's why I don't usually pay much attention to reviews from people who have owned less than 6 months. A better review comes after some time with the vehicle. My Murano is now pretty well seasoned. Finally I can see past that whiz bang shiny stuff and provide you with a much more objective review. I came out of a 1 year old Lexus RX300. It had not impressed me at all. It wasn't nearly as quiet as advertised and names just don't impress me anymore. Quality does. This Murano is an SL FWD with most options including NAV, sunroof, leather, push button start, power rear opening, etc. Sticker was $36K and I got it for invoice. It has turned out to be a GREAT vechicle. It does everything its supposed to do really well. And its quieter than my previous Lexus. Style is subjective so I won't go there. I would not have considered the previous generation Murano. As stated in many professional reviews it was clearly inferior in every respect. The design engineers at Nissan must have been listening all the complaints about the previous generation Murano because its just wonderful. Never a problem, squeek. or issue of any kind. NO electronic bugs either. The body has real integrity and the fit and finish is on par with the best out there. The CVT tranny is a real benchmark others will no doubt cop. Its true the fuel economy is about 22-23 mpg, but that's normal for this type of vehicle with a V6 and profile that pushes lots of wind. This Murano is a keeper. You should check it out."

Lexus RX Replacement

By on Monday, June 28, 2010

"Superbly screwed together, interior is easily as nice as the last 4 Lexus we've owned. We went with the Murano in lieu of the RX for its sportiness, though it's no a sports car - but it sure handles well, for its features, the Nav system is very well thought out with voice commands that actually work, the bluetooth that works very well, and it's luxury - looks and feels like an Infiniti inside. We traded in our 05 RX and couldn't be happier. We did opt for the LE, and the only thing missing is the rear seat entertainment system - which we didn't need. So far, after over a year of living with the Murano, we feel we made the right decision. We're seeing an overall average of just under 21 MPG, and have seen as high as 25 on the open road. Service has been considerably less expensive than that of the RX's we have had. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this corssover, we love ours."

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Price, looks, size, fun to drive, alot of buttons"

"I love this car. I have had it since it was almost brand new. It had 5k miles on it. It now has 96k and still has not had one problem that wasn't my fault. It has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. So low maintenance. And I think it's cute and practical."

COMFORTABLE

By on Thursday, June 05, 2008

"OVERALL: Purchased the LE 1 month ago and have had no problems... enjoying all the extras- dual-panel moonroof, xenon headlights, sat radio, i-pod dock, etc. VALUE: If you are in the market for a Suv (and I realize many are not, at this time), I would encourage you to bargain hard...I did and it payed off. RELIABILITY: Too early to tell QUALITY: So far so good PERFORMANCE: Fun to drive... overall mpg is hovering at 21-23mpg... quiet ride. STYLING: Nice extra details...I looked at Lexus...maybe next year they will update to include things like push-button start, i-pod dock, etc. One note; I would have liked the front passenger seat to match the driver side (re power adjustment controls). COMFORT: This is the real reason I bought this car!!! It is as comfortable as the Lexus, at a much better price. Adults can relax in the front and back seats, there is plenty of head and legroom."

By on Thursday, February 05, 2009

"This is our third Nissan (the first two were Maximas). After two and one-half years driving it, I would say that the Murano is the best of the lot. We liked the Maximas, but the versatility of the Murano with AWD, GPS, and excellent cargo space with the back seats folded down makes the difference. Superior handling, and much more comfortable than the Pathfinder we tested. Good starting and handling in extreme Minnesota winters! Has all the quality and features of a comparable Lexus we inspected at the auto show while 10K less expensive."

First CUV and love it.

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"I've always been a car girl and decided to take the plunge and lease a CUV. This is my first Nissan product and I've only had it for a month but so far so great. Nice, smooth ride and quiet. I have the dual panel moonroof but have had no issues with wind noise from it. I like how easy it is to get in and out of and my mother appreciates it too, being 80, it's hard for her to get in and out of cars. This one she can just slide sideways into. No ups or downs. I'm adjusting to the gas mileage not being as good as my previous vehicle but I knew that going in. Still, I'm getting about 20-21 mpg. I'm anxious to see how the AWD performs in the snow this winter."

2nd murano! I love this car

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, open in side, double moon roof"

Cons: "cant think of anything"

"I must admit I am a Nissan lover, I love the practicality, dependability of their cars. I had the Maxima, then went to the Pathfinder, which I liked but was a little boxy. Then they came out with the Murano. It is the car for a person who loves organization, its zippy and has more style. You can sit in the back and still see out of the car. This is important for those who get claustophobic easily. Very comfortable"

By on Sunday, April 05, 2009

"I started a lease on an 09 SL AWD in Sept 2008. After driving an 03 Acura TL for 6 years I really wanted something with AWD due to the snowy winters in Nebraska, and the TL just didnt handle snow very well nor did it have the cargo room. I did not get any options on the SL. I chose the SL over the base level S because it came with fog lights, steering wheel radio controls, and power driver seat. Sticker was $31,300. There are a few complaints I have. I came to realize heated side mirrors are very useful although I do not have them on the Murano I did on my TL. The side mirrors are large and I have a lot of trouble seeing out of them even when it rains, but most of all when its snowing and become ice covered. The heated mirrors are only offered with the tech package which I think on a vehicle at this price they should be standard. Also, when I have the climate control setting to feet only, there is a lot of air that comes out of the windshield defroster vents and dash vents. I addressed this to the dealership and Nissan's customer care and the conclusion they came up with was that the floor vents were too small to handle all of the air and it has to send it through the other vents at the same time. It just causes a problem when I have the heat on because the warm air comes right up the windshield and into my eyes and will tend to make my eyes dry out while I am driving. Putting down the visor helps a little but I was pretty upset the vehicle does this but have come to just deal with it. A couple of other features I think should be standard for this price range are a power passenger seat, satellite radio, and the intelligent key system. The intelligent key system again only an option with the tech package or standard on LE, is an OPTION on a $31,000 Murano??!! However a $21,000 Altima gets it standard? Come on Nissan, who thought that seemed logical? I had looked at the Ford Edge, Mazda CX-7 and 9 and just found the fit and finish of the Murano to be better overall. I think the sporty styling and the large dual exhaust really add to the overall experience. It has some great power, even faster than my TL was. I think that surprises some when you take off from a red light and leave them far behind. So, overall I think the vehicle is a great choice. Since I am leasing I am hoping for some changes in the next couple years and would consider trading for another new one."

Best Midsize SUV for the Money

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun, Peppy, Reliable"

Cons: "No Automatic Lights"

"I love my car. It has great power, good gas milage, its extremely comfortable, and so much more. couldn't ask for a better suv!"

Great Crossover

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"This is my third Murano, 2004/2006/2009. It keeps getting better every year. Had brake problems with the '06, but Nissan rectified the problem. Look at many others including the Toyota Venza, Ford Edge and VW Tiguan. Though I loved the Venza and Tiguan, the value, ammenities and room was much better on the Murano. If you are thinking of a crossover, don't pass this one by."

Overrated

By on Friday, May 08, 2009

"It rides rough. The electric push button for the rear hatch has been replaced twice. We are now on the third. We average 21 mpg on the interstate at 68 mph, using the cruise control. The car has great power if you put the pedal down considerably.However, it does not have midrange power. The Xeon headlights work good at night. We will not buy another. We are considering a Honda CRV or GMC Acadia."

Caution

By on Saturday, June 28, 2008

"Extensive wind noise caused by dual-panel moonroof--would not recommend that extra. Nissan tells me "it's the nature of the beast." Otherwise, very satisfied."

Worth a little extra money

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"I test drove several vehicles including the Lexus RX350, Nissan Pathfinder, Mazda CX-7, and a few others. The Nissan and Lexus were the only two that made the grade. Both had similar features and mileage. I liked the Murano look a little bit more and the price tag was $10,000 less. I actually like the interior of the Murano better too. Very confy seats and plenty of head room (6'3"). The dual panel auto moon roof is really nice and the Bose system has the thump of a system a had when I was young with $2000 of extra stereo equipment. Handles the road like a high end car. Interior is VERY quiet and instrumentation is clean and easy to use. If you are looking for a $40,000 crossover take the Murano for a test drive. You might save yourself some serious bucks. I've had 2 other Nissans and both were sold with close to 130,000 miles on them with little or no major mechanical problems. Resale is nice on Nissans too. Love it!"

By on Monday, July 12, 2010

"After looking at all other cars on the market decided on the Murano. I love the way the car handles, and feels. But...the blind spots are actually dangerous. Would recommend getting a back up camera. Also, with 27K miles on my 2009, both my head gaskets had to be replaced as well as my trasfer case gasket. The rear window foam from within the door came up with the window, and the fan blower stops blowing randomly. After 10 days in service I bought a new Subaru before bringing my Murano home. I have no faith in the repairs as it sounded like a sewing machine and I could feel every gear it went thru. I was told that the 09's were having trouble with the head gaskets by the dealer. Use caution. But, it was fun to drive!!"

Excellent Crossover!

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Pros: "Response, CVT Tranny, Quietness at high speeds"

Cons: "Rear view could be a bit better,"

"We tested several cars before we settled on the Murano...we think if far exceeds anything we drove at Ford, Buick, Chevy and Toyota. It is very stylish...has excellent response, well balanced, very quiet at high speeds and is just comfortable and fun to drive. The technology installed is excellently installed and its a lot of fun and all the functions are useful. I think Nissan should offer a better extended bumper to bumper warranty though and it should have just a little better visibility in the rear. The CVT tranny is excellent and also quiet...you actually need to mind the speedometer because its so quiet, its easy to find yourself cruzing at high speeds by mistake. There is also a lot of attention to detail in the interior..."

My AWESOME 2009 Nissan Murano SE

By on Thursday, December 18, 2008

"I had previously owned a 2000 Lexus RX300 AWD, which I was very happy with except for substandard handling. I had every intention of getting the 2009 Lexus RX350, until I did some research on the internet. The Nissan Murano seemed to get rave reviews; so, I decided to check one out at the local dealership. Well, one look at a platinum LE on the lot, with it's 20" platinum colored wheels convinced me to check into it further...but a short drive convinced me that this was the car for me !! I quickly ran home to check out the invoice for this fully loaded car...then turned around to get it at slightly over invoice. I cannot tell you how happy I am with this vehicle. First, it is the sharpest looking SUV/CUV on the planet. Secondly, it rides like a dream...is as plush as the Lexus, quiet as the Lexus, but handles better...and seems to accelerate smoother (due to the highly refined CVT). It does such a great job at isolating you from the world around you (which, for a CUV, has always seemed to be the domain of the Lexus RX's) that I find myself just enjoying the pleasure of a relaxing drive. Another factor in my purchase was the crash test results...the five star rating that the Murano got gives me extreme confidence when transporting my family. In short, I think that you can tell that I love this vehicle. I cannot give it any higher recommendation. Thank you NISSAN !!"

Love My Murano

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun To Drive"

Cons: "No heated mirrors"

"I come from owning Big Dodge Truck. I was weary about the Murano until a co-worker let me test drive his as I was on the marker for a fuel efficient vehicle. I was in love with the driving dynamics and the feeling of still driving a bigger car due to the Windshield space and the height of the car. The dash board is not gadgety and it's simple to locate all buttons. Now that I own the Murano for about 1 1/2 years I can honestly say I've saved money on fuel costs and have traveled more. I'm a pet lover and all my pets fit comfortably in the rear compartment along with my Bird's Cage. It's very family oriented and I gotta say that I feel very safe driving this car with my niece in the back seat. I've had several people fall asleep in my car due to comfort of the car. Love the Murano."

DO NOT BUY

By on Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"I would like to provide a surprising update to my previous posting on April 5th 2009. This was on a 2009 Murano SL AWD. My feelings quickly changed shortly after posting my last review when I had to address an issue with my engine to Nissan. The engine would make a squealing noise at lower RPM (1,500-2,000). This is generally where the RPM was during light acceleration which would be maintaining your cruising speed in normal traffic. I dealt with two different Nissan dealers in my city as well as Nissan Consumer Affairs, all of which said the noise was normal and was the hydraulics in the CVT engine. Before I was told this, the service manager of a Nissan dealer heard the noise and agreed with me it was not normal. However because of the reason he was provided by the Nissan tech people, he sided with them and I was left to deal with the noise. I however have found several postings on various websites where I was clearly not the only person to be dealing with this issue. I also found the consumer affairs people at Nissan to be very unkind and could care less about the quality of the vehicles with their name on it. In July 2010 I reached my boiling point. My gas gauge had been reading incorrectly, not showing full after filling the tank, at one point it even read empty and the trip computer was flashing low tank however it said I had 107 miles to empty. I addressed this to the dealer who said they checked the vehicles computer system and it was not showing any issues with the car. I described exactly what I was experiencing and said “so based on what I am telling you the car is doing, should something have been recorded on the vehicles computer system?” I was told “yes.” My response was “then sounds like you have another issue.” I was speaking with the service manager mind you, and he said he had a pretty good idea what part needed to be replaced but without really seeing the issue at that very moment, he wouldn’t replace anything. I expressed my frustrations with him and the way Nissan handles their service and issues with vehicles, I told him they do not stand by their products. His response to me was “we don’t make them, we just fix them.” Well that’s hard to believe, because they couldn’t even fix my issues. So, that same day I entered the dealership of another auto maker and was able to trade that thing (Murano) after 22 months of a 39 month lease I was actually not upside down and even traded for more than my payoff. So long Nissan. I will never purchase a product from you again and will not recommend your products and will tell everyone I can about my experience with you ."

Enjoying every mile - the best computer

By on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pros: "Outstanding car computer"

Cons: "Exterior colors could have better selection"

"I started looking at Murano since it was introduced, but an interior didn't look appealing. I was on the market for SUV when the new model appeared in 2009. Did test drives of BMV, Lexus, Infinity but liked Murano LE better for its exterior design, interior comfort and smooth driving. After 4 years and 85,000 miles I like it even better, running about 20 mpg (mostly highway). Over 4 years, only had to replace a motor tilting the steering wheel, and I contributed to this fault. Never had a problem on the icy roads of Tahoe. The car computer is perfect: voice recognition, navigation, warnings and a digital music system is perfect for me. My only wish for this car is a better mpg and better color selection for the exterior."