2012 Nissan Murano

Based on 230 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

vehicle meets expectations

By on Monday, January 26, 2009

"I have had the LE model for 2 months. I chose one without the moonroof so I can't comment on that. I love the comfort and handling of the murano. I have driven it in 2 bad snowstorms and the handling is great. The seats are so comfortable. I hear very little outside noise. I drove a full size SUV before the Murano. I am so glad I made the decision to try something new. The engine is very snappy and when you step on the gas your gone. No dogging. The only thing I miss is having a split tailgate where I can just open the top glass part for quick in and out. The automatic tailgate makes up for it though. Overall I'm very pleased. It was between the Subaru Tribeca or the Murano. I made the right choice."

Solid car after just one week of ownership!

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "The car drives great...very smooth and comfortable"

Cons: "No daytime running lights."

"Our lease was coming up in a few months on our 2011 Nissan Rogue. It's been a very good small SUV, but we wanted to trade up to the Murano. So after five hours in the dealershp, we finally leased a new 2013 Murano SL. We've only had the car a week, so this is obviously a very early review. But so far we love the difference in size compared to the Rogue. It's very comfortable and has all the features we could ever want. We have everything but the GPS, which was another $2,100. The power liftgate is very handy. Power heated seats are great. The dual sunroof is really a nice feature, as well as dual air conditioning and heating controls. Cargo space is not too bad, although could be a little bigger. The car rides very smooth on the highway. Gas mileage is not as advertised yet, as we've only had the car a short time. Hopefully that will improve over time. As far as any downsides go, I feel it should have daytime running lights and also the backup camera should beep when getting close to objets. I will write another review in a few months. Overall, we are satisfied with our choice."

A great crossover

By on Friday, February 08, 2013

Pros: "Loaded with features."

Cons: "Lack of sportshifter"

"Bought this car from Nissan dealer used. It is loaded with features. It has proved dependable and a smooth ride. The only negatives are the lack of sportshifter to go along with the CVT transmission. My car is AWD and we are in the mountains several months a year. Transmission can get confused when starting on a hill. The exterior paint scratches easily. I just had a tune up, brakes, new tires etc., and it runs as good as new. Gas mileage is 19-20 all around."

Does exactly what I wanted.

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Ride, comfort seating, dual AC, effortless cruisin"

Cons: "Wind noise, with head wind."

"Took the Rocky Mountain tour, i.e., Glacier, Yellowstone, RMNP for ~4500 miles total. Avg'd 21+, 1/2 quart of oil until oil change at 3700 and none since. Handles extremely well, good acceleration, good braking, will get you a ticket if your not careful. Most interstates cruised effortlessly at 75-80mph for hours. Love the dual temp controls."

best ever owned

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "comfortable and fun to drive"

Cons: "prefer 4WD command vs automatic (prior JEEP owner)"

"this is my second Murano, stepping up from a loaded SL and getting all options with the LE. My dream car was a Lexus, but after test driving the Murano, I found this to be a better value for the money. Luxury vehicles are over-rated and over-valued--and ALL vehicles unfortunately depreciate. The trade in power of my first to my current model allowed financial satisfaction and upgrade to a veh9icle that I really enjoy driving."