2011 Nissan Murano

Based on 220 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Very Comfortable Vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 08, 2009

"Lots of leg room, smooth ride, really like this vehicle"

By on Sunday, April 05, 2009

"I started a lease on an 09 SL AWD in Sept 2008. After driving an 03 Acura TL for 6 years I really wanted something with AWD due to the snowy winters in Nebraska, and the TL just didnt handle snow very well nor did it have the cargo room. I did not get any options on the SL. I chose the SL over the base level S because it came with fog lights, steering wheel radio controls, and power driver seat. Sticker was $31,300. There are a few complaints I have. I came to realize heated side mirrors are very useful although I do not have them on the Murano I did on my TL. The side mirrors are large and I have a lot of trouble seeing out of them even when it rains, but most of all when its snowing and become ice covered. The heated mirrors are only offered with the tech package which I think on a vehicle at this price they should be standard. Also, when I have the climate control setting to feet only, there is a lot of air that comes out of the windshield defroster vents and dash vents. I addressed this to the dealership and Nissan's customer care and the conclusion they came up with was that the floor vents were too small to handle all of the air and it has to send it through the other vents at the same time. It just causes a problem when I have the heat on because the warm air comes right up the windshield and into my eyes and will tend to make my eyes dry out while I am driving. Putting down the visor helps a little but I was pretty upset the vehicle does this but have come to just deal with it. A couple of other features I think should be standard for this price range are a power passenger seat, satellite radio, and the intelligent key system. The intelligent key system again only an option with the tech package or standard on LE, is an OPTION on a $31,000 Murano??!! However a $21,000 Altima gets it standard? Come on Nissan, who thought that seemed logical? I had looked at the Ford Edge, Mazda CX-7 and 9 and just found the fit and finish of the Murano to be better overall. I think the sporty styling and the large dual exhaust really add to the overall experience. It has some great power, even faster than my TL was. I think that surprises some when you take off from a red light and leave them far behind. So, overall I think the vehicle is a great choice. Since I am leasing I am hoping for some changes in the next couple years and would consider trading for another new one."

Great Crossover

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"This is my third Murano, 2004/2006/2009. It keeps getting better every year. Had brake problems with the '06, but Nissan rectified the problem. Look at many others including the Toyota Venza, Ford Edge and VW Tiguan. Though I loved the Venza and Tiguan, the value, ammenities and room was much better on the Murano. If you are thinking of a crossover, don't pass this one by."

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2009