2011 Nissan Murano

Based on 211 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

good room and power with the CVT

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "roomy trunck and spacious for passengers too"

Cons: "GPS has some faults, Fuel economy is OK not great"

"Owned vehicle for 16 months since new and have 30000 miles on it already. No complaints so far! Only regular maintenance e.g. oil changes tire rotations and just put wipers on. Fuel economy is OK...avg 19 or so. GPS sometimes takes a route i would nt expect and dont always agree with and it does not give you much time when it tells you to turn. Our Garmin gives you a lot more time to react."

Great fun car

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

Pros: "So much fun to drive- comfortable"

Cons: "I wish i would have went for more options"

"Extremely comfortable { I went from a Lincoln TC to this Murano} It is just as comfortable to drive on long trips- It has plenty of power and is built very well-- After owning it for 3 1/2 years I have no complaints-- I still love the car."

Outstanding vehicle.

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Pros: "Great price. Very fun to drive. Spacious."

"This is the best vehicle I have ever driven. The car is luxurious with power and quickness. Very fun to drive. I loved the ability to turn the overdrive off when additional accerlation was needed. Great sound system with satellite radio capability."

the best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

"I truly love my Murano. It runs so well and actually I get better gas mileage than is suggested for this model.With over 80000 miles I may be interested in trading it in for the 2015 coming out soon. But, I'm in no real hurry because like I said it is truly the best car I have ever owned. Great job, Nissan!"

I love my Murano

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "Such a fun and sporty ride"

Cons: "Can't think of a thing!"

"This is the most stylish car I have ever owned! The dual exhausts are so nice looking with the chrome finish. The tri-colored tail lights make a great impression! The all leather interior and push button start is awesome! It is so nice not to search for your car keys all the time! The smooth ride is an asset, as well as the comfortable front and back seating! I love the double moonroof!"

I bought this Murano Platinum for my wife

By on Saturday, November 08, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride, interior, and very good looking SUV"

"I bought this Murano Platinum for my wife but I love it! It is just a quality made SUV, hope the 2015 with the body changes are this good."

Second one we owned. All around sound vehicle.

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "Best bang for the buck."

Cons: "Mechanical great. Seating? Road noise-may be tires"

"Wife primary driver. Loves vehicle."

love it!!

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "very reliable vehicle"

Cons: "to exspensive to up keep properly"

"ive owned this wonderful car for 2 yrs now and love it its def my type of car!!!"

great car, great performance gets compliments all

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "luxurious ride"

Cons: "Bi Xenon or LED headlight, daytime running light s"

"almost great overall, except should have Bi Xenon or LED as standard and LED Daytime Running Lights."

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room, nice features, good on long road tri"

Cons: "Low ceiling, blind spot"

"I have 4 dogs and this car has enough room for all of them and their crates when we go on road trips. Cargo door is easy to open and shut. No mechanical issues since I've owned it. My husband complains about the ceiling being too low but I have no complaints."

pleasure to own and drive

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"sat in every suv at auto show,none matched seat comfort,style or features lots of bang for the buck did i forget to mention performance? Yeah man...."

Love my Murano

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

"Rear shock leaking at 50000 mi so replaced the pair, otherwise just oil changes."

Great car!

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Good value, smooth drive, looks nice"

Cons: "Few options on base model"

"Bought this car for my wife about 2 1/2 months ago. We both love it. Smooth ride, good handling. The engine runs very well, much Better than expected. Some people have criticized the CVT, but it is actually very smooth, better than a normal automatic transmission. The exterior and interior are beautiful."

So far so good, bought used with 97k miles

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "Interior, sound system, fit and trim"

Cons: "Rear window visibility, gas milage"

"I just recently bought this 2009 Murano LE with 97k miles on it. I never owned a Nissan before so I asked some people I know who have, and everyone had nothing but good things to say about Nissan. I like to buy high end, high mileage cars so this car meet my criteria, also my wife wanted a larger suv to haul around the grandchildren and all of the stuff that goes along wih them. I intend to get at least 200k miles with this vehicle like I did with my Lexus, 4Runner, and Jeep. The Murano has all of the bells and whistles we wanted and drives very well both city and highway. My only complaint so far is the visability of the back window. I will write another review as soon as I get more miles on it and will be able to comment on the reliability. I do have one question, does anyone know when Nissan recommends replacing the timing belt? I can't seem to find that information."

Love it!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling and comfortable ride"

Cons: "Maybe a little more storage for nick nacks"

"This is my second Murano and I love it. It handles well and looks great! Maybe some improvement in the gas mileage would be nice. My 1st Murano has gotten up to 26MPG. This one is getting 19MPG. Im seriously thinking of purchasing the hot new 2015! Id love to see some sharp new colors."

best car on the road

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"good looking, dependable"

An outstanding vehicle.

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "A really good suv. Great value!"

Cons: "With 20 inch wheels, replacement tire are expensiv"

"After 55,000 miles not a single problem. This vehicle has excellent handling, an extraordinary ride with comfort that compares to a Land Cruiser (my previous vehicle)."

great trip mobile

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "great ride!!"

Cons: "need more cup holders"

"I bought this suv for travel and overall quality. It has not failed to meet my needs. A VERY comfortable ride with enough room for three adults to travel including my golf gear. The only thing I did wrong was fail to get the nav system when I bought it. That will change on my next purchase. The car has two very minor negatives-- mpg and interior space design. The mpg is a steady23-24 on highway, and I would have liked a bit more cabin storage around the driver, especially a cup holder in the door. Overall, I am very happy with this car"

By far the best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Quality ride, fun to drive, great for long trips."

Cons: "Overly reflective windshield and rear blind spots."

"After a full year with the car, I am still surprised each day by the quality of this vehicle. The build quality and the driving dynamics of such a large vehicle are truly amazing. The vehicle has outstanding breaks, very good acceleration and I have found the CVT transmission to be noise free and quite amazing, especially in the mountains. We have averaged 25 mpg over the 14100 miles we have driven. The seats are comfortable and supportive. The multi-zone climate control is flawless. The stereo system is high-quality and quite enjoyable. The only deficiencies I have observed are vision related. The inside of the windshield is overly reflective, especially early in the morning or late in the evening. The vehicle also has large blind spots to the rear. The free maintenance which was included with the vehicle is also quite nice. It came with the added security of knowing the vehicle was inspected by factory mechanics every couple of months. I thoroughly love this vehicle and would readily purchase another."

Decent car

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, spacious"

Cons: "big blind spot on pass. side, poor gas mileage"

"I like this car but not enough to say I love it. It seems like the girl you ALMOST marry, but leave at the altar. It would probably be a better car if I had a family to transport or groceries to buy from a big box outlet every week. I live in NYC and while the car is reliable and comfortable, it's turning radius, pick up and driveability leave something to be desired. However, since I put big new tires on it-the ride is better."

Terrific car!

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Narrow door slot and rear view could be better"

"I love just about everything about this car. If I had to point out one negative which seems to be across the boards with most crossovers these days is that it does have a blind spot due to the thick pillars in the back. The rear view camera makes up for it though. It is fun to drive and has the pick up that I would except from a car not an suv. Nissan knows what they are doing to say the least!"

Best in my long history of vehicle ownership

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "A head turner in style, Good performance."

Cons: "I like more horsepower, I'm a performance nut."

"This vehicle was purchased used with 70000 miles in 2012, its a 2004 garage kept and loaded, with silver exterior. It has all wheel drive and black leather interior, the seats are large and very comfortable. I have the original window sticker and it was $43000 in 2004. I have made some minor repairs, the paint is excellent, like almost new. This vehicle has enough performance, luxury and style that even as a 2004 model can compete with newer vehicles. I've owned many types of vehicles in my 65 YOA and I can say this Murano pushes all the right buttons for me. Its styling was a little hard for me to take at first, I'm very conservative but upon driving it I was hooked. I would recommend this Vehicle to anyone. I believe Murano was the first to create this style and has been copied by just about all other manufactures. I can't say enough about this vehicle, I love it. It's no longer the new kid on the block and gets over looked by all the Car magazines who push the newest model's offered. Drive the Murano don't over look it."

Nice crossover at a decent price!

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Looks, highway cruising, quiet ride, features"

Cons: "small door pockets, some features, a/c just ok"

"It's a good crossover with a decent/fairly quiet ride. I own the 2012 SV version which still gave me (as standard) a backup camera (very necessary), driver and passenger power seats, dual moonroof (which wasn't important to me, but should help the resale value), and dual zone a/c with rear vents while still offering cloth seats which I prefer (not leather like other car companies force you to get with those features and charge you more for). Other good things about this car is the excellent handling, large screen backup camera in the middle of the dashboard,auxillary input jack for my mp3, and fantastic exterior looks with the sweet merlot red color. I've also had no major repairs done in the year and half of ownership. It excells at highway cruising and steering is dead on. Cloth armrests on doors are also nice as well as the pushbutton start and the pushbutton door handles that allow for easy entry. The not so great is the narrow door pockets with no cupholders, no gray cloth interior offered (had to take black which I still like better than the beige that most usually come with), just average size cargo capacity, the cupholders behind the gearshift that's just too tall, narrow rear passenger side air vents that barely work and no seperate controls for them, ride needs to be just a little softer for front and more so for the rear passengers, standard tires don't do well in snow and makes you feel little cracks in the road, dual zone a/c doesn't always work correctly, speed sensitive stereo volume control doesn't work at all, steering is a little light at low speeds, brakes are a little touchy, cvt doesn't downshift low enough for good highway passing, had to order special windshield sunshade because store bought versions weren't long enough to fit right under the visors, rearview mirror (which is too small) gets too weak on hot summer days so can't use a clip on extended mirror for better visibility, lowbeam headights need to be greatly improved, view between side mirrors (which are too tall) and door sills (just too thick) are too obstructed for good outward visibility to the sides, front wipers should be hidden better from driver's view when not used, windshield defroster doesn't work with recirculating air so outside smoke/exhuast usually comes in (not fun in winter) and windows fog up a lot when heater is used, and speedometer is sometimes hard to see in the evening. Also had to drive out of state (around 7 hours) to purchase exact car I wanted since dealership wasn't willing to bring the car to it's store which would have been within a fourty five minute drive of where I lived. Even with these complaints, I still haven't seen any SUV crossovers that were better than the Murano for standard features (without leather), style, and handling ability, and any car on the road today will have it's fair share of imperfections or problems. The Murano isn't perfect but it's still better overall than most cars I've seen, owned, or test drove!"

Very Dependable vehicle.

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable vehicle."

Cons: "CVT maintenance expensive."

"I bought my Murano brand new. Less than one mile on the odometer. I put over 140,000 miles on it without one repair. Only regular maintenance items. The CVT Transmission is a little weird at first but after you get used to it those transmissions that shift seem weird. The quality of build is better than any of the American built cars I had in the past. The feel of the buttons and controls. The Murano does nothing outstanding. I have had faster cars, better handling cars and better four wheel drive cars. But the Murano does everything well. Best overall vehicle I ever bought to this point."

Very Dependable vehicle.

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable vehicle."

Cons: "CVT maintenance expensive."