2011 Nissan Murano

Based on 211 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

A great SUV

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "Good quality and reliability"

Cons: "Tires"

"I purchased a 2007 Murano S and sold it to a friend so I could purchase a Rogue SL because I was doing local driving as a courier at the time. My route changed and then I needed a more powerful car for the highway. I always missed my Murano so I purchased a 2012 SV. I am now going on 40,000 miles and all is well except the tires. They are Michelin Cross Terrains which I paid extra for but they are not worth the price. My mechanic says I have until September and then I'll have to purchase new one's. I plan to trade or sell the car in February and get a 2014 SL. I should have about 65,000 miles by then. I average 23 to 25 miles per gallon on the highway. Combined, 19 to 21 mpg"

The best vehicle I ever owned!!

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

August 2009 - Taken right after I purchased my new Murano! (Color: Tinted Bronze)

"I love this vehicle! I usually trade every 4-5 years and as I'm coming up on 4 years now - I'm hesitant to trade because it has been such a great car. I definitely will look into another Murano!! It is the best car I've owned!"

Great for anyone looking for all extras and fun

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

Pros: "With convertable down, your the king of the road"

Cons: "Little bit noisy, NO SPARE TIRE"

"Its a convertible with all the fancy stuff, plus AWD. I have heads turn to look at my car. With this car, either you like it or you dont. Built well and drives great ( AWD) through snow. One touch convertible."

This is vehicle is awesome

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "great price.....nice style.....comfy..smooth etc.,"

Cons: "All SL should have navigation & need more storage"

"I would have never thought I would fall in love with my Murano.... This mini SUV is everything I believe this will be the truck I will stay with for very long time. I went in for the Armanda and I didn't want the payments so I thought I would settle for a murano SL until and I'm happy I made out great with this vehicle. U must go in and test drive one u will fall in love like I did."

First NEW car

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

Pros: "Great car"

Cons: "Tires wear quickly.. might be road conditions"

"This is my first NEW car I have purchased and it felt great knowing I was the first one to drive it. I love how it holds the roads, country roads everyday can be fun. The quality of every feature are nice... no flaws yet. I most likely will stick with a Murano on my next vehicle."

Enjoying every mile - the best computer

By on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pros: "Outstanding car computer"

Cons: "Exterior colors could have better selection"

"I started looking at Murano since it was introduced, but an interior didn't look appealing. I was on the market for SUV when the new model appeared in 2009. Did test drives of BMV, Lexus, Infinity but liked Murano LE better for its exterior design, interior comfort and smooth driving. After 4 years and 85,000 miles I like it even better, running about 20 mpg (mostly highway). Over 4 years, only had to replace a motor tilting the steering wheel, and I contributed to this fault. Never had a problem on the icy roads of Tahoe. The car computer is perfect: voice recognition, navigation, warnings and a digital music system is perfect for me. My only wish for this car is a better mpg and better color selection for the exterior."

Great SUV

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

"I have an SL Model, which is fully loaded. Great car, nice ride, and perfect size for us (2 adults, 1 child, and 2 dogs). To get the higher models (SL and LE) expensive though..."

Owned 28 vehicles. The 2012 Murano SL AWD is #1.

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Pros: "Superb Power,Handling,Comfort.TheBoseRocks.Sporty"

Cons: "Some blind spots. Small rear window"

"I just traded my 2008 Infinity FX35 for the 2012 SL Murano AWD. This vehicle blows away the infinity which I loved also. Other than a few options I never used, the Murano SL has everthing the infinity had but with a better look and feel. Great Handling, power and comfort all comprised within a sporty package. I was very skeptical about the transmission not actually changing gears but it seems to do everything I want it to. The leg room is sufficient and seats are very comfotable. This is the 28th vehicle I've owned and the best so far!"

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"My wifes daily driver. An excellent car. Has more 'get up and go' than my truck with a v8. Very responsive handling, good gas mileage (21+ mpg), and leather heated seats. its fun to drive."

Tough to replace with anything else

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "Great value, comfort, conveniences, quality, sexy"

Cons: "Blind spot, mileage, premium gas req'd"

"I tell everyone I love my car. There was no 2008 model, so the '09 was released early. I bought mine in May of 2008, I believe and have loved it since. Nissan got it right. All the features of a high end luxury car in essentially a family-centric crossover. I built mine just the way I wanted with the bells and whistles that tickled me...auto-rear door, heated leather seats, dual-zone climate control, 9 Bose speakers, 6 CD changer, MP3 player, XM radio (not that it matters in Hawaii), auto rear seat release and raise, back up camera, dual zone seat adjustments, Bluetooth (before it was standard), cargo compartments, Xenon headlamps, and more. I almost never know where my keys are. Keyless entry and push button start negate them. Now, if only I could get my house to cooperate... The ride is smooth and comfortable with the shiftless CVT transmission and my comfy leather seats. Here are my issues: 1. The infamous crossover window blind spot. All crossovers have this pointless triangular window at the rear. That's where the blind spot is on the passenger side. I can head check and see nothing, but there will be a car there that I don't see and doesn't appear in my mirrors. I don't think it's a Murano problem, so much as it s a crossover problem. 2. The mileage. I have never, ever ever ever gotten more than 16 mpg according to the screen in my car. This is below what it is rated. 3. About once a month, the rear hatch likes to act goofy and refuse to open automatically or close automatically. Of course, I can never get it to replicate when I take it in for service so it will never get fixed. 4. Every time it rains, the brakes squeak horrendously. I've had them replaced once, glazed off, and they still do it. I give up. It goes away once the rain stops and after several days of rubbing off the rust on its own, I guess. Even considering its minor list of flaws, all it's comforts and conveniences are extremely difficult to find at its price point and high quality. I love this car."

A great crossover

By on Friday, February 08, 2013

Pros: "Loaded with features."

Cons: "Lack of sportshifter"

"Bought this car from Nissan dealer used. It is loaded with features. It has proved dependable and a smooth ride. The only negatives are the lack of sportshifter to go along with the CVT transmission. My car is AWD and we are in the mountains several months a year. Transmission can get confused when starting on a hill. The exterior paint scratches easily. I just had a tune up, brakes, new tires etc., and it runs as good as new. Gas mileage is 19-20 all around."

poor fuel mileage

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful and comfortable."

Cons: "Fuel mileage is HORRIBLE"

"Beautiful vehicle both inside and out. But fuel mileage is horrible. We get 14 - 17 MPG, which is a major disappointment. Dealer told us to use only non-ethanol fuel or premium unleaded, which has not helped in the least. Would get rid of vehicle, but have to much money tied up in it."

Great vehicle for people on the go!

By on Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, very manuveralbe and nimble."

Cons: "Price - expecially for the higher end models."

"I own three Muranos ('03, '05) and now a 2012. The 2003 bas 168K on it and has been trouble free for 9 years of ownership. I am selling the '03 to my nephew who is 17 and about to head to college knowing it has many good miles left. The 2003 is an excellent vehilce and fun to drive but the 2012 takes up up another couple of notches. The '12 rides better, handles better and seems a bit more sophisticated. Though the Murano's are on the higher end of the price scale for their class, I now understand the value in owning one for long term since owning three and the first one is still running very well and has had zero mechanical issues in 9 years. I highly recommned the Murano and will likely purchase another one in the future."

What's great; what's not so great.

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "Ease of entrance/exit"

Cons: "Wind noise"

"Great: Ease of entrance and exit. Good acceration Handles well even at high speeds. Not so Great: Wind noise even at moderate speeds GPS not easy to use. Does not ride as well as similar vehicles."

Reply to person with 2012 Murano vibration problem

By on Sunday, November 11, 2012

I don't own this car

"Have the dealer swap out all the wheels with another Murano and see if the problem goes away. A number of Altima owners have had this same type of problem and it turned out to be caused by a bad batch of wheels that Nissan had received. I hope this helps."

Question for Owners of 2012 SL Murano AWD

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "Nissans are one of the most reliable cars!"

Cons: "Can't seem to fix this problem"

"We leased a 2012 Murano AWD about 3 weeks ago and it has been in the shop for almost the same amount of time. There is a shimmy or wiggle especially noticed on the passenger side of the car that is very annoying and very uncomfortable noticed going 35mph+. We are loyal Nissan customers and have had many over the last 20 years that we have loved, however this one is certainly creating a real problem and so much so that we do not want to drive it and are apprehensive that this will continue as it seems the service department despite all their efforts cannot seem to correct the problem. Has anyone else had this or a similar problem?? would appreciate any thoughts."

Does exactly what I wanted.

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Ride, comfort seating, dual AC, effortless cruisin"

Cons: "Wind noise, with head wind."

"Took the Rocky Mountain tour, i.e., Glacier, Yellowstone, RMNP for ~4500 miles total. Avg'd 21+, 1/2 quart of oil until oil change at 3700 and none since. Handles extremely well, good acceleration, good braking, will get you a ticket if your not careful. Most interstates cruised effortlessly at 75-80mph for hours. Love the dual temp controls."

Excellent Crossover!

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Pros: "Response, CVT Tranny, Quietness at high speeds"

Cons: "Rear view could be a bit better,"

"We tested several cars before we settled on the Murano...we think if far exceeds anything we drove at Ford, Buick, Chevy and Toyota. It is very stylish...has excellent response, well balanced, very quiet at high speeds and is just comfortable and fun to drive. The technology installed is excellently installed and its a lot of fun and all the functions are useful. I think Nissan should offer a better extended bumper to bumper warranty though and it should have just a little better visibility in the rear. The CVT tranny is excellent and also quiet...you actually need to mind the speedometer because its so quiet, its easy to find yourself cruzing at high speeds by mistake. There is also a lot of attention to detail in the interior..."

Very reliable and stylish family suv

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "Drive, reliability,quality of interior"

Cons: "Mpg, wind noise with open moonroof"

"We have owned this car for over 2 yrs and have been very happy it. It gives 21-22 mpg on average as expected, but with current gas prices it can quickly become a burden. Only complaint is the wind noise when driving above 30 mph with the moonroof open. For any murano, backup camera is a must."

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Price, looks, size, fun to drive, alot of buttons"

"I love this car. I have had it since it was almost brand new. It had 5k miles on it. It now has 96k and still has not had one problem that wasn't my fault. It has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. So low maintenance. And I think it's cute and practical."

Super nice car!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Great features and comfortable!"

Cons: "Big front dash-hard to judge depth"

"Super Nice car! Great features, smooth ride, easy to drive and comfortable! Love the double sun roof too. This care has a lot of features for the money. It almost can drive itself."

Love My Murano

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Superior quality"

"My Nissan Murano is one of the best cars that I've ever owned. Stylist, classy and offers everything that a higher priced SUV would offer. Most of my adult life, I've wanted to buy a BMW, but once I could afford to buy one, I ended up deciding to buy the Nissan Murano because of the brand, quality, value, reliability and price."

You get what you pay for

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "reasonable price for the size, very comfortable"

"This was my dream car since I turned 16 and at 24 I finally got it! I've owned 6 cars, 4 being Nissan make. I have had two Altima's, a X-Terra, and now my murano. The murano by far is my favorite. It's just large enough but not too big: like the tahoe or suburbans. Just enough "trunk" space. The quality of the car is great! And the longer I have the car, the better the gas mileage gets!"

This is the best vehicle I have owned.

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

"I have owned this car for 4 years and have put 75500 miles on it as I have a long commute to work. It has been great most reliable car that I have owned.I would not hesitate to buy another Nissan Murano. It is a great road trip vehicle as well."

Goos car, nice, but no aceleration at all.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Good price,good mpg,very confortable,front"

Cons: "No power to go after making a stop."

"Good reliable auto, but, if you have to get out fast, after you make a stop, very slow moving out, V6, do not have that power to get out fast. But good car."