• 2014 Compact SUVs

2010 Nissan Murano

Based on 189 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Nice crossover at a decent price!

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Looks, highway cruising, quiet ride, features"

Cons: "small door pockets, some features, a/c just ok"

"It's a good crossover with a decent/fairly quiet ride. I own the 2012 SV version which still gave me (as standard) a backup camera (very necessary), driver and passenger power seats, dual moonroof (which wasn't important to me, but should help the resale value), and dual zone a/c with rear vents while still offering cloth seats which I prefer (not leather like other car companies force you to get with those features and charge you more for). Other good things about this car is the excellent handling, large screen backup camera in the middle of the dashboard,auxillary input jack for my mp3, and fantastic exterior looks with the sweet merlot red color. I've also had no major repairs done in the year and half of ownership. It excells at highway cruising and steering is dead on. Cloth armrests on doors are also nice as well as the pushbutton start and the pushbutton door handles that allow for easy entry. The not so great is the narrow door pockets with no cupholders, no gray cloth interior offered (had to take black which I still like better than the beige that most usually come with), just average size cargo capacity, the cupholders behind the gearshift that's just too tall, narrow rear passenger side air vents that barely work and no seperate controls for them, ride needs to be just a little softer for front and more so for the rear passengers, standard tires don't do well in snow and makes you feel little cracks in the road, dual zone a/c doesn't always work correctly, speed sensitive stereo volume control doesn't work at all, steering is a little light at low speeds, brakes are a little touchy, cvt doesn't downshift low enough for good highway passing, had to order special windshield sunshade because store bought versions weren't long enough to fit right under the visors, rearview mirror (which is too small) gets too weak on hot summer days so can't use a clip on extended mirror for better visibility, lowbeam headights need to be greatly improved, view between side mirrors (which are too tall) and door sills (just too thick) are too obstructed for good outward visibility to the sides, front wipers should be hidden better from driver's view when not used, windshield defroster doesn't work with recirculating air so outside smoke/exhuast usually comes in (not fun in winter) and windows fog up a lot when heater is used, and speedometer is sometimes hard to see in the evening. Also had to drive out of state (around 7 hours) to purchase exact car I wanted since dealership wasn't willing to bring the car to it's store which would have been within a fourty five minute drive of where I lived. Even with these complaints, I still haven't seen any SUV crossovers that were better than the Murano for standard features (without leather), style, and handling ability, and any car on the road today will have it's fair share of imperfections or problems. The Murano isn't perfect but it's still better overall than most cars I've seen, owned, or test drove!"

Cons: "CVT maintenance expensive."

"I bought my Murano brand new. Less than one mile on the odometer. I put over 140,000 miles on it without one repair. Only regular maintenance items. The CVT Transmission is a little weird at first but after you get used to it those transmissions that shift seem weird. The quality of build is better than any of the American built cars I had in the past. The feel of the buttons and controls. The Murano does nothing outstanding. I have had faster cars, better handling cars and better four wheel drive cars. But the Murano does everything well. Best overall vehicle I ever bought to this point."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25