2009 Nissan Murano

Based on 229 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Very reliable and stylish family suv

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "Drive, reliability,quality of interior"

Cons: "Mpg, wind noise with open moonroof"

"We have owned this car for over 2 yrs and have been very happy it. It gives 21-22 mpg on average as expected, but with current gas prices it can quickly become a burden. Only complaint is the wind noise when driving above 30 mph with the moonroof open. For any murano, backup camera is a must."

A pleasure to drive

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

"Why drive what everybody else has? Everybody has a Tahoe, Mercedes or Lexus SUV. Boring! This car stands out and I am always getting compliments on it. Drives nicer than my sister's Lexus SUV, has just as many features and was over $10k less."

vehicle meets expectations

By on Monday, January 26, 2009

"I have had the LE model for 2 months. I chose one without the moonroof so I can't comment on that. I love the comfort and handling of the murano. I have driven it in 2 bad snowstorms and the handling is great. The seats are so comfortable. I hear very little outside noise. I drove a full size SUV before the Murano. I am so glad I made the decision to try something new. The engine is very snappy and when you step on the gas your gone. No dogging. The only thing I miss is having a split tailgate where I can just open the top glass part for quick in and out. The automatic tailgate makes up for it though. Overall I'm very pleased. It was between the Subaru Tribeca or the Murano. I made the right choice."

Solid car after just one week of ownership!

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "The car drives great...very smooth and comfortable"

Cons: "No daytime running lights."

"Our lease was coming up in a few months on our 2011 Nissan Rogue. It's been a very good small SUV, but we wanted to trade up to the Murano. So after five hours in the dealershp, we finally leased a new 2013 Murano SL. We've only had the car a week, so this is obviously a very early review. But so far we love the difference in size compared to the Rogue. It's very comfortable and has all the features we could ever want. We have everything but the GPS, which was another $2,100. The power liftgate is very handy. Power heated seats are great. The dual sunroof is really a nice feature, as well as dual air conditioning and heating controls. Cargo space is not too bad, although could be a little bigger. The car rides very smooth on the highway. Gas mileage is not as advertised yet, as we've only had the car a short time. Hopefully that will improve over time. As far as any downsides go, I feel it should have daytime running lights and also the backup camera should beep when getting close to objets. I will write another review in a few months. Overall, we are satisfied with our choice."

A great SUV

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "Good quality and reliability"

Cons: "Tires"

"I purchased a 2007 Murano S and sold it to a friend so I could purchase a Rogue SL because I was doing local driving as a courier at the time. My route changed and then I needed a more powerful car for the highway. I always missed my Murano so I purchased a 2012 SV. I am now going on 40,000 miles and all is well except the tires. They are Michelin Cross Terrains which I paid extra for but they are not worth the price. My mechanic says I have until September and then I'll have to purchase new one's. I plan to trade or sell the car in February and get a 2014 SL. I should have about 65,000 miles by then. I average 23 to 25 miles per gallon on the highway. Combined, 19 to 21 mpg"