2007 Nissan Murano

Based on 586 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Would buy another Murano

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "comfort, reliability, safety are all excellent"

Cons: "minor things like the sunvisor, power seat"

"We have over 83000 miles on this vehicle and have only replaced the tires once and a front set of brakes. The visor was replaced and the power drivers seat has been a problem. Great ride and the 3.5L engines Nissan has produced for years is iron clad. I know people getting a couple hundred thousand miles out of the 3.5L engines."

Love our Murano!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Great space, great drive, great power, efficient."

Cons: "Seat broke, CD player broke, uses some oil."

"We've owned our Murano for years, and it's been mostly trouble-free for most of it's life despite having just passed 150k miles. We've had some work done, yes, but no more than other cars we've owned in the past. The comfort level of the Murano is second to none. Our rear seat passengers always compliment on how much rear legroom there is, and we stay comfortable even on very long trips. The ride of our SE model is a little harsh on rough pavement, but on the highway it's amazingly smooth and agile. We get through St. Louis winters with our two-wheel-drive model with no problems, and average around 20mpg overall! When recently shopping for a new car, we literally couldn't find anything we liked as much as our Murano. It's a truly fantastic car!"

Love it

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable"

Cons: "Not overly fast, expensive to fix when it breaks"

"Super smooth driving, great features, very reliable. A dream to drive, not overly fast, but handles great."

Love Murano since day 1 in 2003

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Spacious, runs great, looks beautiful, luxuriois"

"When they first came out, I said I wanted one of those space cars! I bought a 2007 Murano last year in 2011. I prefer the body style of 2003-2007. Great size, comfortable seating and great CVT transmission. I had not idea about CVT until I bought one. I have the SL, so we have the leather, Bose system, back up camera, sun roof and such. Although it wasn't new, runs like its new and no problems what so ever. I highly recommend this car. Seats 5 and wonderful ride. :)"

Great vehicle but not perfect

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "power train reliable, looks and drives great"

Cons: "suspension in back, and noises"

"I had the 04 murano for about 5 years now and there are two things that are annoying. When driven at speeds over 40 mph's the car makes a noise similar to a bowling ball being rolled down a hallway (the faster I go the louder the noise), and the other problem is the comfort in the back seats. The seats recline which is very good but when you hit a pothole the passengers in the backseat feel the pothole a little more than they do in most vehicles. Besides that I never had a problem with my murano, great buy and I don't regret it."

disappointed with nissan

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "see above"

"Cosmeticially speaking: Like the look, the mobility, the roomy interior. Reliability/Quality Speaking: TERRIBLE. Had more brake problems with this vehicle. The driver visor falls down ($400 to repair/was told it is a NISSAN manufacturing issue no way around the $400) bought it when it was 2 years old. Nothing but problems. Couple of mechanics i've spoke with said Nissan manufactures a terrible car. Wish i would have know that before i paid $23k for one."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

"I bought my 2006 Nissan Murano w/ 42,000 miles on it and I have drove it for 3 years now with 0 issues. The CVT Transmission along with other factors make the Murano a very smooth and quiet ride. I have no complaints thus far."

Love the car, Nissan cust support questionable

By on Sunday, September 06, 2009

"Bought my 2006 Murano SE new and have driven 42k miles. Virtually every option selected, incl AWD & nav. Performance with CVT is smooth - great acceleration. Great in deep snow - never had any issue getting around. Extremely comfortable. Reliability very good generally, but... The only issue I've had: backup camera went out literally just before the 36k mile warranty expired. Because I could get car into Nissan dealer for svc right away, Nissan would not honor warranty claim and would charge >$800 to replace the backup camera. Not even a discounted price was offered even though the camera clearly went out during warranty period. I was VERY disapppointed in Nissan's customer support stance on this topic to the extent that I will not buy another Nissan in future due to concern about how they would handle a really serious problem given my experience on this issue. Having said that, the car has been an absolute joy to own and drive so far. Still, customer svc is part of the overall value proposition and Nissan has, in my view, not met my expectation. Given all this, the car is a winner, but Nissan's customer support is not so I cannot recommend the vehicle DUE to the company - not due to the vehicle itself."

Heartbroken from this Lemon

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"I just bought my 2005 Murano over a year ago and with 68k miles and told that it needs a new transmission! I paid 20K for it and it's already depreciated to $11k so I can't even trade it in! The mechanics at the Nissan Dealer tell me "this happens" and quoted me $5,300 to buy a new transmission since they don't repair them...only replace them. I'm crushed because I really loved this car and am now forced to pay a hefty repair for a car that already carries a hefty monthly payment! Sad. Should have just splurged and got the Lexus version."

Overall Beautiful but minor mechanical problems

By on Sunday, February 24, 2008

"Gorgeous vehicle inside and out!! Few mechanical problems: - Gear Manifest shifting problems - Oxygen sensor - catalic converter failure Overall, would recommend this vehicle to a friend over Ford Explorer or Honda CRV."

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, January 13, 2008

"LOVE this vehicle. We travel a lot and it is exceptionally comfortable and roomy. The only negative I have found is the squeeky brakes. Nissan replaced them but they continue to squeek. Other than that, I would highly recommend the Murano!!!!"

First New Car in 14 years

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"I owned a Ford Ranger for 14 years, yes the same one, so getting a new vehicle was quite a change for me. I'm pleased with the Murano's handling, power, and roomy interior. I like the exterior look, while other may not. The interior dash is much different than other cars/trucks. It took a little getting used to but now I feel I like it. There's no place to put cd's to access easily when driving, is the only drawback for me. It drives nice, fits the family well, and looks good. The reliability so far has been good, but I've only had it a month, so the verdict is still out on that. I've read many places that the reliability is great for the Murano."

Great Car for Money!

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"Recently purchased this used vehicle as a dealer car, and have loved every minute of it. I have really appreciated it up here in Colorado, for its semi-rugged abilities and worry free snow driving. I purchased the vehicle becasue of its AWD capabilities and put it too test in a blizzard. Came out smelling like roses! I did not get all the bells and whistles and still pretty impressed with all the gadgets. For someone who is a gadget guru, this car is right up your alley. Another big thing that I really love about this SUV is the storage. The back trunk really has the best storage solution, I have ever seen. I am a freak when it comes to neatness and this car amazed me. I can store all of my cleaning supplies and everything else in the compartments and the back end looks completely empty. Took it for a 2,000 mile road trip and it was very comfortable for me, even after 13 hours of driving! Friends (6ft. 6") and family have commented on how much room is in the back and the fact that the rear seats also recline back, what an awesome feature! Will reccomend this car to anyone!"

04 Murano

By on Thursday, October 18, 2007

"Best vehicle we have ever owned. Quiet ride, excellent performance, extremely comfortable to ride in any seat. Rear seats recline. Electrically adjustable foot pedels, seat positions, all adjustable to fit a 4'4" to a 6' 8" driver. We have 67000 miles of completely trouble-free driving. Excellent visibility when driving. We are going to buy another with no hesitation at all. Better than a Lexus and at a much better price!"

transfer case issue

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"Thier is a service bulletin from nissan on the transfer case/differential whereby the ring and pinon gears go out because the computer and switch unknowingly defaults to full time 4 wheel drive and throws the gears out. ask me how I know 3k later. Driver visor lasted about a year. Lock cover on driver side door fell off."

Murano is the ONE!!!

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"I owned my Murano SL AWD for over 2 years now and it has been a joy since then. The seat is so comfortable that it's bettern than my Lazy Boy at home. The ride is very nice and it has plenty of power. What I like the most is the navigation system that tells you every turn. The display is large and easy to read. Unlike the little portable GPS that you have to use a binocular to read it. The back is very roomy and can easily seat three people. Once the back seats are fold down you can load tons of stuff in the back. It's great for camping. I love this SUV so much that I would recommend to all my friends."

Love it

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"I have owned my 2003 Murano for about a year and a half, i can honestly say, it still feels like a brand new car to me. I still get excited about driving. I have upgraded to custom 22" wheels and it didnt take away from the smooth ride at all. I am Very happy with it. Only one thing, the rear window should be able to be opened at least on a gas hinges like my last truck, the honda passport."

Greatest SUV ever

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"I highly approve and recommend this SUV to anybody that likes economy MPG, Style, performance and specially comfort."

GREAT IN-BETWEEN VEHICLE

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"I love my Murano. It drives like a car with the comfort and looks of an suv. The only things I would change is the take off (when you accelerate to go), the trunk space, and the automatice door latch (I would add that in). Other than that, I love it. Mine has the adjustable pedals, heated seats, memory seats, sunroof, the back seats recline slightly (just enough to get comfortable for that long trip). I love my Murano. They are very stylish and its the "IN" thing if you are looking for something that is in between a car/suv."

Great Value

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I have had a great experience with this vehicle. It's comfortable, roomy, nice looking and drives great. The only thing I don't like about it is the cup holder, which doesn't secure drinks very well. I have the 2003 model."

What a Ride!

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"This is one of the best, if not the best vehicle I have owned. LUXURY and HANDLING are its first and second names. Nissan has really outdone themselves. Can compete with any SUV costing thousands more and come out ahead of the competion. The handling is superb and cargo capacity is enormous, yet you think you are driving a sporty luxury car. Pop in 6 CD's and crank up the Bose! Put it in 4 wheel and go through 18" of snow. WHAT A RIDE!"

GORGEOUS 2004 Black Nissan Murano V6

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Great SUV, beautiful interior, sleek exterior!"

Cons: "All highway miles"

"Great SUV, selling for commute reasons. Black with tan leather interior. All wheel drive, power everything. Sun roof, CD changer, roof rack, alloy wheels. Really love this car!"

Love my Murano! Reliable, comfy, and safe!

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, roomy cargo for hauling stuff."

Cons: "The old girl is getting rust along the rear wheel."

"We bought our 2003 off the show room floor and it was one of the first in our town. When we went on road trips we rarely saw them. Now they are everywhere! It was pricey but paid for itself when I was hit from the side by an underage driver speeding into my traffic lane. After having the driver door replaced and body work done 5 years ago it still drives like a dream and is very reliable. We've got 0ver 100,000 miles on the old girl and plan on doubling that!"

Have loved my Murano for the past 7 years

By on Monday, October 10, 2011

Pros: "low maintence, lots of space, easy to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage, expensive tires"

"I've had my Murano for 7 years. In that time I have driven it 120,000 miles and it is still going strong. I am hoping it last until at least 200,000 miles. There is tons of space for people in the back and good storage in the trunk area. I think it is a very comfortable drive. I really haven't had to do much to it besides regular maintenance and my Nissan dealership has been very good about repairs. Overall, I would buy this vehicle again."

Watch out for the CVT transmission

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "Great ride, perfect size, luxury upgrades"

Cons: "CVT Transmission"

"I own a 2005 Nissan Murano with 90,000 miles on it. This car is truly the best car I have ever owned, prior to this I had a 2001 Honda Accord and a 2007 Scion TC. This car is not too big, not too small, not too low to the ground and not too high. It is great for someone with small children or looking for something larger than a car for safety. Now the bad. This crossover comes with a CVT transmission, and after buying the car I have found a lot of bad reviews on transmission failure. Good thing is Nissan extended the transmission warranty to 120,000 miles, but it is usually a hassle to have them diagnosis it as failed because of the repair cost which is around $4500.00. My bad experience occurred when I took my Murano for an oil change at Jiffy Lube. Jiffy Lube topped off my CVT transmission with the incorrect fluid, this caused the transmission to fail. even a little of the wrong fluid into the transmission will lead to it being destroyed. Other than that, I have had the other same problems that I have seen on other reviews, the side of the seats are tearing and I only weigh 145 pounds so expect for the leather to tear on the sides. I will write another review in a few years, but for now, I love my Murano and pray nothing else goes wrong. My recommendation, take your Murano to Nissan for ALL maintenance."