2007 Nissan Murano

Based on 574 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Good car. Not great but good.

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Reason: Began to have too many issues.

Pros: "Room, relaiblity, features."

Cons: "Mileage, cost to own/operate."

"Got one for the wife. Bought it new a base but adequately equipped S model with AWD. We owned it for 9 years and put 189K on it. We had 1 issue around 100k with the door locks failing to engage and the rear hatch not able to open from the outside. This small issue cost us $700 at the dealer. This was our first CVT car and although i was nervous about it (especially with its history) it operated flawlessly right up to the day we traded the car. The 3.5V6 was also flawless right up to the day of trade (still having the original plugs in it). Around 160K we had an inlet pipe on the muffler rust out (common for this car) and got it welded for $100. At 180K+ we started needing axel shafts and wheel bearings and decided it was time to part ways with the Murano. We liked the car but... were very dissappointed in the mileage and that it didnt last another year or two and go past 200K. Mileage on regular in mixed/mostly highway driving was 18.5-19.5MPG. Factor the dissappointing mileage, the expense of the big tires and the repairs into the price of the vehile and the financing and this was an expensive vehicle to own and operate which dissappointed us. So a good Car but not a great car."

ALIVE AND WELL!!!!!

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

"My husband bought me a 2006 Murano so we can transposrt our grandbabies and their accesories!! This past July 4th I was coming home and a car hit my driver's door at the full speed of 55mph!! The driver did not see the red light. I received a slight burn on my upper arm & a stiff neck, from the air bags deploying, but that's it!! My Murano was my life saver with the curtain and side air bags, along with the reinforced steel crash bar!! WE LOVED OUR MURANO AND WILL BE GETTING A NEW ONE!!!!!! Our daughter and her family also drive one because of it's looks and now knowing just how safe they really are!!!! We highly recommend this vehicle to anyone at any age!! T-Boned and living to tell about it!!!!"

07 Murano

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Pros: "nice feel on the road, lots of road vision"

Cons: "tranny is a little slow to get it up to speed."

"I bought this used a couple of years ago and ended up putting in a few dollars worth of maintenance items (fluids, brakes). In the time I've had it I also ended up replacing the lower control arms. Once the work was done it's ended up being a nice vehicle. Kind of the right size for me, not too big so it's a pain to park and big enough to ride nice on the highway. Not sure I'd get another car with a CVT but I would for a new Murano."

Sell before 75K

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "nice looking car. Does well in snow"

Cons: "constant expensive repairs. dont buy"

"We purchased an 07 used June of 10 at 49000 miles. Great until 71K in 2011. Front axle assemblies $350, Engine mounts $700. Now at 100k both front control arms $600 and front axle assembly again for $400. There is constantly a noise somewhere on this vehicle. I removed the driver visor and squeezed the pivot point with pliers to prevent it from falling down while driving and the road noise is very loud with bad gas mileage. We rarely get rid of a car with less than 150-200k but we are going to start looking."

decent-but wouldn't buy again

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"My Murano looks good and is comfortable to ride in, even when traveling w/ 5 adults. To this point I have not had any major defects, but did have to install new tires after 23,000 miles (at nearly $120/tire)--due the the AWD, all 4 must be replaced at once. The quality of the vehicle is really what bothers me most. I bought the car new and am very good to my cars, and yet it seems to have many squeaks and rattles. The lumbar support has never seemed to work-at all, and the range of the power seats is limited. I came out of an Audi A4 prior to the Murano and I can tell you the AWD on the Murano is not even in the same ball park-if the reason for purchasing the Murano is for poor weather conditions, do yourself a favor and keep shopping. If you want a fairly comfortable ride and want to look good driving it, you may appreciate this car. For me, this is a leased car. Although I have owned worse cars, when it ends in 8 months I will not be going into another Murano."

Sharp looking with good comfort but has issues!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "nice ride, nice looking, good pickup"

Cons: "Dependability issues!!!"

"My 2007 Murano SL with 96000 miles is sharp looking with a nice ride and good pickup. Having said that I have been very disappointed because of transmission, front end and other quality repair issues. If you are considering this vehicle check the transmission warranty!"

I love it and suggest you buy one. But..

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Great Value, Great responsiveness."

Cons: "Driver Seat, Rear Wiper replacement, Headlights"

"There are 3 things that are not good about this car. If you know it up front you will love having the car, if not it may drive you insane. 1. You(Yes I mean even you "skilled" do-it-yourself-ers)CANNOT change the rear windshield wiper blade without taking it to the Nissan dealer, you will break it and it will cost $600 to fix. 2. The driver seat will break on the back left side of the frame over time, google it. Nissan is a pain in the about it if you try to get them to pay, $100 bucks to have it taken out and welded solved the problem for me. 3. The headlight light bulbs are kind of a pain to change out, but you can prob. do it. Other than that it is safe, comfortable, a great deal(properly researched), and I am going to get a new one in a few years if they have improved the miles per gallon. Count on 18 to 21 MPG average."

Most comfortable and enjoyable car I have owned

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, safe, good milege, fast"

Cons: "expensive but worth it-"

"I have 255000 miles on my 2003 Murano plus 8 years of idling for 2 -3 hours per day 5 days per week while working. I have had normal things to replace and repair- AC, Cylinder Gasket, cooling Fan, Batteries and motor mounts- but this car is a beast- It is heavy but still gets great mileage. I use it for Sales- so I drive 3-4K miles per month. Equivalent milege is around 375,000 due to the extensive idling and its still going strong. Only had to do the brakes once. Bose stereo rocks. Driver seat broke and Nissan did not cover it on recall-"

pluses and minuses

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I've had my Murano AWD SL for about a year now and I must say it handles very well (even in the snow). It has a lot of creature comforts (with a cost) and is very fun to drive. I have had some issues however, for example, The metal detailing on the interior of the car dings very easily (ex. seatbelt hitting it). I have also found that the cupholder gets stuck in the closed position very often. There is a lot of "required" maintainance, ex every 7, 000 miles it needs some sort of a tune up to maintain it's warranty. Otherwise, I've been satisfied overall with my purchase. I wouldn't say it's the most competitive as far as price of features though, recently I have been considering a Hyaundi as my next purchase... take a look and you'll see why."

Good SUV/improvements needed

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "great price, can grow into"

Cons: "cup holders and repair on same parts more thanonce"

"Many of the comments I read before I bought the Murano talked about the cup holder and how it wasn't functional. After 5 years of owning this SUV and loving it, it's true the cup holder is one of the worst features on the truck. It won't fit more than one mug with handles at a time and liquid spills ALL the time. More importantly, the only issue that I have experienced were issues with the ball joint and the control arm of the vehicle. For whatever reason, these parts on the SAME side and SAME wheel of the truck went bad less than 1 1/2 yr apart. Some mechanics attributed the issues to potholes, others to the mass winters and the corrosion of parts due to the salt. One state charged 2k for repairs another charged $700. At any rate, the truck is great. As someone used to driving a stick shift car it took time to get used to the weight of the truck. It is a little bulky to drive, the windshield has a low slant which obscures vision when you turn so you need to take extra caution on blind sites. However, it has great pick up and a great transmission. Also, still have not figured out what the 'S' gear is for. it revves the engine...truck has great pick up so, don't know why you'd need it. Friends who drive it, love it and it is GREAT for moving furniture, and life in general. Love this car, and highly recommend to consumers. I give it a solid 8!"