• 2014 Compact SUVs

2007 Nissan Murano

Based on 552 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Spitting engine pieces

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Pros: "Looks pretty"

Cons: "To many problems , not nornal wear and tear"

"Had the car for a year with regular oil changes. Last oil change end of May 2013. Waiting on tires to come in with the dealership to do the next oil change. The day the tires came in the engine locked. Dealership said it "spit out engine parts"...Really!!!! $8000 for a new engine $5700 for a used with 93K miles. Independent mechanic looked at the vechicle and the same thing happened...engine parts breaking off. He said this is definetly a manufactuing problem of course NISSAN (corporate) doesn't care. I still owe $6500. I wish I had known this before I purchased the $30K+ 2013 Altima last year, I'm afraid of what I have to look forward to on this one. I should have gone with the Passat :-(. I guess it's not to late."

Love my Murano!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"A perfect crossover SUV. Comfortable ride. Good gas mileage, 21-24 mpg highway, 14-17 city. No blind spots. Great body style. I estimate average maintenance cost at 1500.00 every 5 years. Love the body style and profile. Tires are wider, giving it a heftier stance and balance. Cruise control is spot on. As with any car, regular oil changes are a must!"

great car

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Reason: need of truck

Pros: "very comfortable"

Cons: "no cons"

"all around great car. Never had 1 problem with it and great on gas."

One of the best values for an SUV on the market

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Reason: Trade in on 2012 Kia Sorento

Pros: "Comfortable, Peppy, handles well."

Cons: "gas mileage lists as 18/26 we only got 17/22"

"I bought the 2005 Murano in 2009 for $18.5K which I though was a little steep for a 4 year old SUV with 33K miles. I was wrong! This was the best vehicle I've ever owned. It was very comfortable even on 5 hour long trips. The leather quality was very good and held up against wear and tear. Visibility was great all around. Handling was quick and responsive and the engine sure didn't lack power. This baby can move. I never had a problem with suspension, transmission , mechanical or any windows. The only problem with mine was the plastic protective coating on the front cracked and got moldy. Gas mileage was about 3-4 MPG lower than posted but still respectable at 17/23. There was nothing wrong with the truck when I traded it in and in hindsight would have kept it if I could have afforded 2 truck payments. KBB trade-in value was on mark but dealer resale for these is still at $14-18K even with 63K+ miles. If I want my same truck back it will cost me $16K now! Quite a profit for the dealer. Look at what these are selling for before you trade one in and work between that and the KBB values. If you want a high quality, reliable SUV you should definitely look at one of these."

No doubt one of the 2 best cars I have owned.

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Pros: "CVT, Driver position, handling, rearseat room"

Cons: "Windnoise, wipers tend to chatter in light rain."

"132000 miles. Replace rear hatch lock twice. Replace driver seat frame. Replace 3 sensors. All under warranty. Replace AC condenser $700 replace crank & camshaft sensors $600 not under warranty. On the third set of tires & second set of brakes. Normal maintenance. Love the CVT tranny, ride comfort & overall performance. Caution-the front end gets a little light a 120+ (don't ask how I know this) Gets just under 22MPG regardless of conditions. I have a 2WD model. In retrospect I would order the AWD since I live in a snowy environment."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25