2007 Nissan Murano

Based on 581 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Great vehicle but not perfect

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "power train reliable, looks and drives great"

Cons: "suspension in back, and noises"

"I had the 04 murano for about 5 years now and there are two things that are annoying. When driven at speeds over 40 mph's the car makes a noise similar to a bowling ball being rolled down a hallway (the faster I go the louder the noise), and the other problem is the comfort in the back seats. The seats recline which is very good but when you hit a pothole the passengers in the backseat feel the pothole a little more than they do in most vehicles. Besides that I never had a problem with my murano, great buy and I don't regret it."

disappointed with nissan

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "see above"

"Cosmeticially speaking: Like the look, the mobility, the roomy interior. Reliability/Quality Speaking: TERRIBLE. Had more brake problems with this vehicle. The driver visor falls down ($400 to repair/was told it is a NISSAN manufacturing issue no way around the $400) bought it when it was 2 years old. Nothing but problems. Couple of mechanics i've spoke with said Nissan manufactures a terrible car. Wish i would have know that before i paid $23k for one."

Have loved my Murano for the past 7 years

By on Monday, October 10, 2011

Pros: "low maintence, lots of space, easy to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage, expensive tires"

"I've had my Murano for 7 years. In that time I have driven it 120,000 miles and it is still going strong. I am hoping it last until at least 200,000 miles. There is tons of space for people in the back and good storage in the trunk area. I think it is a very comfortable drive. I really haven't had to do much to it besides regular maintenance and my Nissan dealership has been very good about repairs. Overall, I would buy this vehicle again."

Watch out for the CVT transmission

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "Great ride, perfect size, luxury upgrades"

Cons: "CVT Transmission"

"I own a 2005 Nissan Murano with 90,000 miles on it. This car is truly the best car I have ever owned, prior to this I had a 2001 Honda Accord and a 2007 Scion TC. This car is not too big, not too small, not too low to the ground and not too high. It is great for someone with small children or looking for something larger than a car for safety. Now the bad. This crossover comes with a CVT transmission, and after buying the car I have found a lot of bad reviews on transmission failure. Good thing is Nissan extended the transmission warranty to 120,000 miles, but it is usually a hassle to have them diagnosis it as failed because of the repair cost which is around $4500.00. My bad experience occurred when I took my Murano for an oil change at Jiffy Lube. Jiffy Lube topped off my CVT transmission with the incorrect fluid, this caused the transmission to fail. even a little of the wrong fluid into the transmission will lead to it being destroyed. Other than that, I have had the other same problems that I have seen on other reviews, the side of the seats are tearing and I only weigh 145 pounds so expect for the leather to tear on the sides. I will write another review in a few years, but for now, I love my Murano and pray nothing else goes wrong. My recommendation, take your Murano to Nissan for ALL maintenance."

Great Car with some neat features

By on Monday, June 21, 2010

"We have owned this car for 4 years. We now have 2 children and its starting to get tight and may need to upgrade to minivad. the FOB key is fantastic. I wish more automakers would use that and with kids its super convenient for my wife. rear air could be improved, but overall its run great, has lots of leg room in the back and good storage for a midsize suv. transmission had some issues, but it was covered under warranty. Never do black leather in AZ again however."

never again

By on Thursday, October 08, 2009

"We have had this car for two and a half years and have put 38,000 miles on it. We have had to replace the battery, the power steering has had problems and the transmission went at 37,000 miles. Not happy at all with the car or with Nissan's response. This was the fourth Nissan we've owned, but we won't be staying with them any longer."

By on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"i bought my 2005 Murano less than a year ago and at 69000 miles the transmission went out. Nissan would not help me with the cost. I found out that nissan does not make parts for the transmission and you have to buy an entire transmission which is over $6000. This car is not relieable and use caution when purchasing. I would not own another Nissan Murano."

150K in 3 years

By on Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"Bought used with 6K miles in Summer 06, since then have put 144,000 with nothing but tires, brakes, battery, and one power seat motor covered under 100K warranty. Burns no oil between 5K changes, and gets 23. mpg overall mileage (mostly hwy). At 80 mph between San Diego and PHX - 20 mpg. My third Nissan after 2 trucks, and I like the value. Thinking about a new Acura MDX in Sept. though."

Talk to me after 65,000

By on Friday, June 05, 2009

"If I reviewed my 2004 Murano in the first 3 years it would have been 5 star like all the other owners. Only, after 3 or 4 years you will see the problems mount up. I'm not talking about small stuff either. Google 2004 Murano/transmission problem and see for yourself. For everyone else sake, I hope it's just that year. Our Murano has had 3 recalls (alternator, gas tank, & seat belt) and now is need of a new trasmission ($6K to $8K). Our last payment on the car is in August, and instead of champagne popping we'll be pinching pennies for a new transmission. If I were an early Murano owner I would trade it while you can still get good value."

Love my murano

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"I bought my murano in october 2007 and i absolutely love it!! It is so spacious and rides so comfortable. I love all of the features it offers...for example the radio controls on the steering wheel, the dual powered seats and the reverse camera. The cargo room is large enough to carry large items and still have plenty of leg room in the back seat. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a midsize SUV."

Very Pleased

By on Monday, June 30, 2008

"Wonder vehicle. My wife and I both love this SUV. I am a BIG Guy 6' and 275 lbs. and this vehicle makes it very easy for me to get in and out. Excellant to drive with all the options available, large passanger seats that recline and plenty of leg room. With even larger brothers they are very comfortable in rear seat. Highly recommend this vehicle and decent fuel millage, 20 city 25 highway on average."

Stylish, fun to drive, takes 10 yrs off your age!

By on Sunday, December 30, 2007

"Two wishes... automatic trunk release/close, A/C vents point to center of vehicle and not on driver. Otherwise, I LOVE IT. I have the Sunlit Copper and you never loose it in a parking lot."

I LUV my SUV!

By on Monday, December 24, 2007

"I've owned my Murano for over three years now. It is the finest vehicle I've ever owned and I've owned several. It is a great combination of touring sedan and utility vehicle and I recommend it highly to potential buyers."

Best value and comfort SUV

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"smooth ride, good capacity, tons of leg room both in the front and back seats."

a great powerful suv

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"the power and performance for an suv is amazing.. sometimes a little noisy but overall is a very reliable, stylish and flashy car."

Real Great Ride 07 SL

By on Monday, December 17, 2007

"Snazzy looking, handling is great..Powerful and snappy...Bose is super...One of the best cars I ever had...Gas mileage could be better...But a real head turner...."

WOULD buy another Murano

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"I have converted over the years from Honda to Toyota to Nissan and I am definitely a fan of Nissan. I drove an Altima before and really liked it, I just needed a more roomy vehicle. I did not think that I was going to find anything that I liked better than the Altima, and I did. I REALLY like my Murano, like no other vehicle that I have owned. Most likely, I will buy another Murano. This particular vehicle is Stylish, roomy and rides smooth. I would highly recommend a Murano to anyone. I have gotten a lot of compliments on it. They are pricey but you get what you pay for. If you need more convincing, go test drive one."

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Friday, December 07, 2007

"This is my first SUV. Except for the gas prices, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this car! It's very comfortable and stylish! Everyone always comments on it!"

Better than Lexus

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"I had a 2002 which had 44,000 miles on it when I traded for a 2006 which now has 25,000 miles. I have been very satisfied with both models. The fuel mileage is very good (well over 20 MPG oveerall) which I attribute to the CVT transmission. Very comfortable on long trips, good power. Both were AWD."

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"Great SUV.I only wish it had a little more power.I've had many Nissan products (4 Z sport cars,2 pathfinders) and find them all to be a good value and well made."

Wonderful

By on Thursday, November 01, 2007

"This was my first brand new vehicle and I absolutely cannot say enough awesome comments about it! Everything from the Bose sound system (with Sirius of course!) to the quickness of the handling, to the quietness of the cabin. The styling is unmatched, although I see many other manufacturers are trying to copy the sleekness and modernism of this vehicle. You won't be sorry about this purchase...I have literally been stopped on the street(s) by numerous people inquiring about the Murano and I know for a fact that three of them purchased the same vehicle! These are absolutely amazing!"

first import

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"Im a 58 year old blue collar. All ways bought american. 04 trail blazer tranny went. This suv is quite, smooth, and a 21 gallon fuel tank. First import ever. Test drove Lexus but got mirano for 9,000 less and a lot more equipment, rear camera heated leather real happy"

Wiper need redesign

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"Overall vehicle excellent, one problem is the design of the windshield wipers. They are buried under the rear portion of the hood. It is impossible to clear the snow from under the wipers causing major sight problems in a snow storm. The wiper drag the snow from underneath the wiper to the windshield, which in turn causes freezing and streaking of the windshield. The wipers should tilt up out if location, so the snow beneath can be cleared. Major safety hazzard in a snow storm."

Best Vehicle Purchase

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"This is the best vehicle purchase I ever made. After a year of researching, I finally purchased a 2005 Nissan Murano fully loaded. I was recently hit by a speeder on the driver's side of my vehicle. The drive side airbags saved me from serious injury. The fireman and paramedics were absolutely amazed that I was able to walk out of the vehicle with minor injuries based on the impact the vehicle took. My next vehicle will defintely be a Murano."

UNCOMFORTABLE SEATING

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"GREAT STYLING, HOWEVER, LEATHER SEATS ARE VERY UNCOMFORTABLE AND FRUSTRATING. I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN FABRIC SEATS INSTEAD BUT THERE WERE NOT MANY 2006 MODELS AVAILABLE AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE. I ALSO WISHED VEHICLE HAD TELESCOPIC STEERING WHEEL. I WILL BE TRADING-IN VEHICLE FOR SOMETHING ELSE."