2007 Nissan Murano

Based on 581 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, July 23, 2015

Pros: "Really fun to drive."

"This Murano handles all road conditions ( Snow & Slush ) so well, just hugs the road. Great get up and go. Roomy for even the back passengers, lot's of leg rooms. The back seats even lay down for comfort. Has been the best car that I've ever purchased."

best car I have ever had.

By on Sunday, July 19, 2015

"This car is smooth, sleek, comfortable, dependable. Even in the base model the Murano feels luxurious. it is very responsive and just fun to drive. I always feel safe in this car and it handles great. I bought this car when my sons got their Licenses and felt like they would be safe driving in bad weather,it handles well in the snow. In new England that's very important. I love the multi position power drivers seat with lumbar support. Im 5' tall and the seats are very comfortable. The back seat is the only car we have ever had that had enough leg room for all my 6 feet tall family. We have taken many long college drives to Chicago and Virginia packed up with a family full of stuff and we were very comfortable. Great family and business car, I'm a Realtor. My only critiscism is the the car frame between the windshield and side mirrow is a little wide and can sometimes obstruct the view a little but, not a problem once you get used to it. I bought it new in 2005 but most people think it is still much newer because the design has held up so well. Repairs can be a little pricey but not compared to other cars in this price level. I Still love it."

Reliable

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "Good value for the price"

Cons: "I would have prefered leather interior,"

"I have owned this since 02/07 and purchased it with 20000 miles on the odometer. I commuted Toronto from west Michigan racking up 80000 miles with no issues whatsoever. The Murano is comfortable and does not make you feel worn out after several hours behind the wheel. I really like the way it handles in snow,ice.etc always stable and with the fact it sits higher than a car the field of vision is great. Other than normal maintenance I have had no issues"

It was all good until...

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Keyless entry and engine start are very convenient. Nice style."

Cons: "High maintenance costs, low quality manufacturing"

"I love love loved my Nissan UNTIL....I've had a few little "annoying" repairs...the most major being replacing the power steering at about 70k miles. I also had a few issues with an air-intake hose that left me (with children) stranded at in-opportune times/places more than once (thank goodness for AAA). But, this month when I hit 95k miles the (as I've now learned) dreaded driver's seat rail issue occurred. It's as if I'm in a rocking chair. I thought it would be a *simple* bolt issue but NO it is a $1200 issue. Apparently, after researching this problem online, this is VERY common with Muranos from '03-'06 at least. The seat still moves up and back but the rear right side is not attached to the floorboard. A safety issue? Not according to Nissan or others so we (the car owners) are left to either weld it back together (hmmmm) or pay tons of money to fix it! ALSO, I learned while they were checking on my seat that I have 2 broken engine mounts (all that suburban driving and carpooling is rough I suppose) and need to replace the catalytic converter? 95,000 is a lot of miles but I'm sure if this were a Honda, I wouldn't have these problems (my husband's Acura has almost 200k miles with minimal mechanical issues!). I'm sad to say that after a few good ones, no more Nissan's for me..."

Murano Luv

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"I have 2 more payments on my '03 Murano...and I still luv it! I want to keep it for my kid who will be driving in 3 years. Purchased brand new with everything but the nav system & tpms. Only thing I have never liked about this car is the front grill. I plan on changing that once I pay off. I always feel like a million bucks whenever I'm cruising in my freshly cleaned black beauty with tinted windows. I have 120k currently and my mechanic says I don't really need a tune-up just yet. I get good highway mileage between 20-23 mpg. Only minor problems, driver side window motor went out earlier this year. Approx $450. to fix. No other major problems. As pretty as the new one is, I'm gonna keep my '03 as long as I can. I still luv it!"

Can't Stop Driving It

By on Saturday, December 08, 2007

"My last car, a Jetta, was 8 years old and had 35,000 miles on it. I never drove it because it just wasn't so fun. Who knew driving a car could be so much fun? Two years into owning my MURANO I'm at just over 27,000 miles and LOVE IT! It has taken me all throughout the states - and all in comfort and style. Long-range gas mileage is really about 24-26 MPG when on trips. LA Area, stop and go mileage is about 14-16 MPG. Not bad for such a big car. AND, it is way more manueverable than my Jetta was. How's that for a surprise?!!!"

Good Value, some minor issues

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"Overall I've been happy with my 05 Murano, gas mileage could be improved - it's not what was advertised. Had a few issues with the computer for the fuel pump (reset x2) and the air bags (fixed x1). Cupholder does stick in closed position quite often which is annoying but the biggest issue I have is the visibility out rear window - - its limited. It's a very comfortable vehicle however, drives and handles well, even in snow. I like the vehicle very much but will probably get a vehicle with better gas mileage when my lease is up. . I'm only getting 18-19 even on the highway which isn't good considering the price of gas right now. Probably because I do more city driving."

Real nice SUV

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"We have had two Muranos, 04, and the new one 07. SE and now SL with Nav, and B/U camera. Both have been great, my wife loves the car. Great ride, lots of room and plenty of get up and go. The 07 seems to get better milage even with only 4,000 miles on it. Long trip was in the 20 MPG plus at high speeds. Love the transmission.Only flaw for me is the placement of the cup holders, should be in front of stick shift ."

Would buy another Murano

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "comfort, reliability, safety are all excellent"

Cons: "minor things like the sunvisor, power seat"

"We have over 83000 miles on this vehicle and have only replaced the tires once and a front set of brakes. The visor was replaced and the power drivers seat has been a problem. Great ride and the 3.5L engines Nissan has produced for years is iron clad. I know people getting a couple hundred thousand miles out of the 3.5L engines."

Love it

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable"

Cons: "Not overly fast, expensive to fix when it breaks"

"Super smooth driving, great features, very reliable. A dream to drive, not overly fast, but handles great."