• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2007 Nissan Murano

Based on 557 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Would buy another Murano

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "comfort, reliability, safety are all excellent"

Cons: "minor things like the sunvisor, power seat"

"We have over 83000 miles on this vehicle and have only replaced the tires once and a front set of brakes. The visor was replaced and the power drivers seat has been a problem. Great ride and the 3.5L engines Nissan has produced for years is iron clad. I know people getting a couple hundred thousand miles out of the 3.5L engines."

Love our Murano!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Great space, great drive, great power, efficient."

Cons: "Seat broke, CD player broke, uses some oil."

"We've owned our Murano for years, and it's been mostly trouble-free for most of it's life despite having just passed 150k miles. We've had some work done, yes, but no more than other cars we've owned in the past. The comfort level of the Murano is second to none. Our rear seat passengers always compliment on how much rear legroom there is, and we stay comfortable even on very long trips. The ride of our SE model is a little harsh on rough pavement, but on the highway it's amazingly smooth and agile. We get through St. Louis winters with our two-wheel-drive model with no problems, and average around 20mpg overall! When recently shopping for a new car, we literally couldn't find anything we liked as much as our Murano. It's a truly fantastic car!"

I've never had to have this many repairs on a car

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "looks nice"

Cons: "made with cheap parts and bad design"

"Drivers seat broke (and I'm not over weight) CV Axle, power steering pump, drivers side window, muffler, oil pan leak, and shocks. I have a 2006 and all I can say is that this car is made cheap. I will never get another nissan again. sad"

Multiple major mechanical replacements required

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "Quick, fun to drive"

Cons: "Costs way too much to repair than it's worth"

"I bought my car used from CarMax in 2008 (it's a 2003). Since then I've replaced: Front CV axles: once - need to be replaced again Front shocks: once - need to be replaced again Alternator: twice (so I've owned three) Engine: replaced with a used engine Transmission: replaced with a new transmission - need a new one Brake Rotors: need new ones - first set since I've owned the car Engine Mounts - replaced all FOUR, need to replace a couple again already This car is all about looks and feel, and not about quality mechanics. The transmission is trash and Nissan knows this, but refuses to do anything about it. Their special transmission fluid will cost about $600 to replace every 30k miles, but the owner's manual won't tell you. So if you DON'T replace it, then your transmission goes bad and it's suddenly YOUR fault. Don't let anything go wrong on this, because everything else will follow. I wouldn't recommend anyone getting this car. I might not buy Nissan anymore period because of this thing."

nice car

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Lots of people room and storage room"

Cons: "I wish the front end didn't stick out so far"

"I've had this car for about a year, bought used; traded in a 1994 Nissan truck (that I loved). I don't want a sedan and the Murano sits high like my truck. It does every-thing except drive itself. It's roomy, quiet, gobs of storage when the back seat is down, good on gas mileage, GPS, cd and cassette, excellent radio, etc. What is getting me down now is that it has started to need a few things like right front axle, shocks/struts, pretty soon left front axle, one place said it needed motor mounts and upon 90,000 miles, over $600 of maintenance. I really like this car and as I spent so much money trying to fix my truck, I don't want to do it again and am thinking of trading it in. I would definitely go for another Murano."

GORGEOUS 2004 Black Nissan Murano V6

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Great SUV, beautiful interior, sleek exterior!"

Cons: "All highway miles"

"Great SUV, selling for commute reasons. Black with tan leather interior. All wheel drive, power everything. Sun roof, CD changer, roof rack, alloy wheels. Really love this car!"

I love this car

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "milage, comfort, versitility"

Cons: "hate the ugly grill"

"the Murano has been and continues to be a great vehicle. It works well in the heat and the cold, traveling the freeway, pulling a small trailer and hauling concrete or the dog. I will have a tough time parting with this car when the time comes."

Very comfortable but made from lowest bidder parts

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Very comfortable to drive and"

Cons: "Will not buy another Nissan"

"Bought it used with less than 60,000 miles. Have had to replace; Rear door latch, front wheel bearings, oil leak near oil filter, one cam sensor,front control arms, tie rod ends, and repairs to stop rattles all before 72,000 miles. Before 100,000 miles replaced fuel sensor, fuel pump. At 101,000 miles had replace the coolant outlet. I have never had a car with this many major issues with less than 100,000 miles. The car is carefully driven and gets all the routine maintenance."

Love at first sight

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Never had a problem...PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP!"

Cons: "Can't think of any...."

"This was my dream car. And my dream came true. I love this car.... It's classy looking, gorgeous body lines. I have the Pearl Mist and it just shines, even when he needs a shower. I have to tell you, and if this review is being read in San Diego...East County, particularly you may have seen us...I kiss the driver's side door, with lipstick on, when I get in and out of my car. Even had a girl ask me if she could post a pic of us on facebook! I get so many hilarious reactions. One lady saw my door and said she hoped she wasn't the drunk chick who kissed my car.....Hahhhhhhh!! I know, I'm kinda out there, but I know you will love this car if this is what you have in mind."

Not the greatest...

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "Lots of room, comfy and fun when new"

Cons: "Poor quality, not built to last."

"My wife and I are both in our 40s, no kids and a fairly simple life. The Murano over-all has been ok but I expected better quality out of Nissan. The interior has always been well kept and clean but it is literally falling apart. The motor has always lost oil and no one can figure out where it's going, including the dealer. It's a pain to pull the dipstick at least once a week FOR YEARS! As mentioned above, we don't have kids to abuse anything in the car and I have a four wheel drive SUV when we go to any of those out-of-the-way places. It's basically her everyday driver and take on roadtrips vehicle. We are very disappointed in the overall quality and durability (even though it was babied) of the Murano. I've been a long time fan of Nissan but after having this in the family since new and now can't wait to get rid of it. I am done with them until I see something besides what we have come out of their factories. Sorry Nisaan. You let us down..."

See if you qualify for