• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2007 Nissan Murano

Based on 561 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Love my Murano!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"A perfect crossover SUV. Comfortable ride. Good gas mileage, 21-24 mpg highway, 14-17 city. No blind spots. Great body style. I estimate average maintenance cost at 1500.00 every 5 years. Love the body style and profile. Tires are wider, giving it a heftier stance and balance. Cruise control is spot on. As with any car, regular oil changes are a must!"

great car

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Reason: need of truck

Pros: "very comfortable"

Cons: "no cons"

"all around great car. Never had 1 problem with it and great on gas."

One of the best values for an SUV on the market

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Reason: Trade in on 2012 Kia Sorento

Pros: "Comfortable, Peppy, handles well."

Cons: "gas mileage lists as 18/26 we only got 17/22"

"I bought the 2005 Murano in 2009 for $18.5K which I though was a little steep for a 4 year old SUV with 33K miles. I was wrong! This was the best vehicle I've ever owned. It was very comfortable even on 5 hour long trips. The leather quality was very good and held up against wear and tear. Visibility was great all around. Handling was quick and responsive and the engine sure didn't lack power. This baby can move. I never had a problem with suspension, transmission , mechanical or any windows. The only problem with mine was the plastic protective coating on the front cracked and got moldy. Gas mileage was about 3-4 MPG lower than posted but still respectable at 17/23. There was nothing wrong with the truck when I traded it in and in hindsight would have kept it if I could have afforded 2 truck payments. KBB trade-in value was on mark but dealer resale for these is still at $14-18K even with 63K+ miles. If I want my same truck back it will cost me $16K now! Quite a profit for the dealer. Look at what these are selling for before you trade one in and work between that and the KBB values. If you want a high quality, reliable SUV you should definitely look at one of these."

No doubt one of the 2 best cars I have owned.

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Pros: "CVT, Driver position, handling, rearseat room"

Cons: "Windnoise, wipers tend to chatter in light rain."

"132000 miles. Replace rear hatch lock twice. Replace driver seat frame. Replace 3 sensors. All under warranty. Replace AC condenser $700 replace crank & camshaft sensors $600 not under warranty. On the third set of tires & second set of brakes. Normal maintenance. Love the CVT tranny, ride comfort & overall performance. Caution-the front end gets a little light a 120+ (don't ask how I know this) Gets just under 22MPG regardless of conditions. I have a 2WD model. In retrospect I would order the AWD since I live in a snowy environment."

Would buy another Murano

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "comfort, reliability, safety are all excellent"

Cons: "minor things like the sunvisor, power seat"

"We have over 83000 miles on this vehicle and have only replaced the tires once and a front set of brakes. The visor was replaced and the power drivers seat has been a problem. Great ride and the 3.5L engines Nissan has produced for years is iron clad. I know people getting a couple hundred thousand miles out of the 3.5L engines."

Love our Murano!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Great space, great drive, great power, efficient."

Cons: "Seat broke, CD player broke, uses some oil."

"We've owned our Murano for years, and it's been mostly trouble-free for most of it's life despite having just passed 150k miles. We've had some work done, yes, but no more than other cars we've owned in the past. The comfort level of the Murano is second to none. Our rear seat passengers always compliment on how much rear legroom there is, and we stay comfortable even on very long trips. The ride of our SE model is a little harsh on rough pavement, but on the highway it's amazingly smooth and agile. We get through St. Louis winters with our two-wheel-drive model with no problems, and average around 20mpg overall! When recently shopping for a new car, we literally couldn't find anything we liked as much as our Murano. It's a truly fantastic car!"

I've never had to have this many repairs on a car

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "looks nice"

Cons: "made with cheap parts and bad design"

"Drivers seat broke (and I'm not over weight) CV Axle, power steering pump, drivers side window, muffler, oil pan leak, and shocks. I have a 2006 and all I can say is that this car is made cheap. I will never get another nissan again. sad"

Multiple major mechanical replacements required

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "Quick, fun to drive"

Cons: "Costs way too much to repair than it's worth"

"I bought my car used from CarMax in 2008 (it's a 2003). Since then I've replaced: Front CV axles: once - need to be replaced again Front shocks: once - need to be replaced again Alternator: twice (so I've owned three) Engine: replaced with a used engine Transmission: replaced with a new transmission - need a new one Brake Rotors: need new ones - first set since I've owned the car Engine Mounts - replaced all FOUR, need to replace a couple again already This car is all about looks and feel, and not about quality mechanics. The transmission is trash and Nissan knows this, but refuses to do anything about it. Their special transmission fluid will cost about $600 to replace every 30k miles, but the owner's manual won't tell you. So if you DON'T replace it, then your transmission goes bad and it's suddenly YOUR fault. Don't let anything go wrong on this, because everything else will follow. I wouldn't recommend anyone getting this car. I might not buy Nissan anymore period because of this thing."

nice car

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Lots of people room and storage room"

Cons: "I wish the front end didn't stick out so far"

"I've had this car for about a year, bought used; traded in a 1994 Nissan truck (that I loved). I don't want a sedan and the Murano sits high like my truck. It does every-thing except drive itself. It's roomy, quiet, gobs of storage when the back seat is down, good on gas mileage, GPS, cd and cassette, excellent radio, etc. What is getting me down now is that it has started to need a few things like right front axle, shocks/struts, pretty soon left front axle, one place said it needed motor mounts and upon 90,000 miles, over $600 of maintenance. I really like this car and as I spent so much money trying to fix my truck, I don't want to do it again and am thinking of trading it in. I would definitely go for another Murano."

GORGEOUS 2004 Black Nissan Murano V6

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Great SUV, beautiful interior, sleek exterior!"

Cons: "All highway miles"

"Great SUV, selling for commute reasons. Black with tan leather interior. All wheel drive, power everything. Sun roof, CD changer, roof rack, alloy wheels. Really love this car!"