2007 Nissan Murano

Based on 574 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Good car. Not great but good.

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Reason: Began to have too many issues.

Pros: "Room, relaiblity, features."

Cons: "Mileage, cost to own/operate."

"Got one for the wife. Bought it new a base but adequately equipped S model with AWD. We owned it for 9 years and put 189K on it. We had 1 issue around 100k with the door locks failing to engage and the rear hatch not able to open from the outside. This small issue cost us $700 at the dealer. This was our first CVT car and although i was nervous about it (especially with its history) it operated flawlessly right up to the day we traded the car. The 3.5V6 was also flawless right up to the day of trade (still having the original plugs in it). Around 160K we had an inlet pipe on the muffler rust out (common for this car) and got it welded for $100. At 180K+ we started needing axel shafts and wheel bearings and decided it was time to part ways with the Murano. We liked the car but... were very dissappointed in the mileage and that it didnt last another year or two and go past 200K. Mileage on regular in mixed/mostly highway driving was 18.5-19.5MPG. Factor the dissappointing mileage, the expense of the big tires and the repairs into the price of the vehile and the financing and this was an expensive vehicle to own and operate which dissappointed us. So a good Car but not a great car."

ALIVE AND WELL!!!!!

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

"My husband bought me a 2006 Murano so we can transposrt our grandbabies and their accesories!! This past July 4th I was coming home and a car hit my driver's door at the full speed of 55mph!! The driver did not see the red light. I received a slight burn on my upper arm & a stiff neck, from the air bags deploying, but that's it!! My Murano was my life saver with the curtain and side air bags, along with the reinforced steel crash bar!! WE LOVED OUR MURANO AND WILL BE GETTING A NEW ONE!!!!!! Our daughter and her family also drive one because of it's looks and now knowing just how safe they really are!!!! We highly recommend this vehicle to anyone at any age!! T-Boned and living to tell about it!!!!"

07 Murano

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Pros: "nice feel on the road, lots of road vision"

Cons: "tranny is a little slow to get it up to speed."

"I bought this used a couple of years ago and ended up putting in a few dollars worth of maintenance items (fluids, brakes). In the time I've had it I also ended up replacing the lower control arms. Once the work was done it's ended up being a nice vehicle. Kind of the right size for me, not too big so it's a pain to park and big enough to ride nice on the highway. Not sure I'd get another car with a CVT but I would for a new Murano."

Sell before 75K

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "nice looking car. Does well in snow"

Cons: "constant expensive repairs. dont buy"

"We purchased an 07 used June of 10 at 49000 miles. Great until 71K in 2011. Front axle assemblies $350, Engine mounts $700. Now at 100k both front control arms $600 and front axle assembly again for $400. There is constantly a noise somewhere on this vehicle. I removed the driver visor and squeezed the pivot point with pliers to prevent it from falling down while driving and the road noise is very loud with bad gas mileage. We rarely get rid of a car with less than 150-200k but we are going to start looking."

decent-but wouldn't buy again

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"My Murano looks good and is comfortable to ride in, even when traveling w/ 5 adults. To this point I have not had any major defects, but did have to install new tires after 23,000 miles (at nearly $120/tire)--due the the AWD, all 4 must be replaced at once. The quality of the vehicle is really what bothers me most. I bought the car new and am very good to my cars, and yet it seems to have many squeaks and rattles. The lumbar support has never seemed to work-at all, and the range of the power seats is limited. I came out of an Audi A4 prior to the Murano and I can tell you the AWD on the Murano is not even in the same ball park-if the reason for purchasing the Murano is for poor weather conditions, do yourself a favor and keep shopping. If you want a fairly comfortable ride and want to look good driving it, you may appreciate this car. For me, this is a leased car. Although I have owned worse cars, when it ends in 8 months I will not be going into another Murano."

Sharp looking with good comfort but has issues!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "nice ride, nice looking, good pickup"

Cons: "Dependability issues!!!"

"My 2007 Murano SL with 96000 miles is sharp looking with a nice ride and good pickup. Having said that I have been very disappointed because of transmission, front end and other quality repair issues. If you are considering this vehicle check the transmission warranty!"

I love it and suggest you buy one. But..

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Great Value, Great responsiveness."

Cons: "Driver Seat, Rear Wiper replacement, Headlights"

"There are 3 things that are not good about this car. If you know it up front you will love having the car, if not it may drive you insane. 1. You(Yes I mean even you "skilled" do-it-yourself-ers)CANNOT change the rear windshield wiper blade without taking it to the Nissan dealer, you will break it and it will cost $600 to fix. 2. The driver seat will break on the back left side of the frame over time, google it. Nissan is a pain in the about it if you try to get them to pay, $100 bucks to have it taken out and welded solved the problem for me. 3. The headlight light bulbs are kind of a pain to change out, but you can prob. do it. Other than that it is safe, comfortable, a great deal(properly researched), and I am going to get a new one in a few years if they have improved the miles per gallon. Count on 18 to 21 MPG average."

Most comfortable and enjoyable car I have owned

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, safe, good milege, fast"

Cons: "expensive but worth it-"

"I have 255000 miles on my 2003 Murano plus 8 years of idling for 2 -3 hours per day 5 days per week while working. I have had normal things to replace and repair- AC, Cylinder Gasket, cooling Fan, Batteries and motor mounts- but this car is a beast- It is heavy but still gets great mileage. I use it for Sales- so I drive 3-4K miles per month. Equivalent milege is around 375,000 due to the extensive idling and its still going strong. Only had to do the brakes once. Bose stereo rocks. Driver seat broke and Nissan did not cover it on recall-"

pluses and minuses

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I've had my Murano AWD SL for about a year now and I must say it handles very well (even in the snow). It has a lot of creature comforts (with a cost) and is very fun to drive. I have had some issues however, for example, The metal detailing on the interior of the car dings very easily (ex. seatbelt hitting it). I have also found that the cupholder gets stuck in the closed position very often. There is a lot of "required" maintainance, ex every 7, 000 miles it needs some sort of a tune up to maintain it's warranty. Otherwise, I've been satisfied overall with my purchase. I wouldn't say it's the most competitive as far as price of features though, recently I have been considering a Hyaundi as my next purchase... take a look and you'll see why."

Good SUV/improvements needed

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "great price, can grow into"

Cons: "cup holders and repair on same parts more thanonce"

"Many of the comments I read before I bought the Murano talked about the cup holder and how it wasn't functional. After 5 years of owning this SUV and loving it, it's true the cup holder is one of the worst features on the truck. It won't fit more than one mug with handles at a time and liquid spills ALL the time. More importantly, the only issue that I have experienced were issues with the ball joint and the control arm of the vehicle. For whatever reason, these parts on the SAME side and SAME wheel of the truck went bad less than 1 1/2 yr apart. Some mechanics attributed the issues to potholes, others to the mass winters and the corrosion of parts due to the salt. One state charged 2k for repairs another charged $700. At any rate, the truck is great. As someone used to driving a stick shift car it took time to get used to the weight of the truck. It is a little bulky to drive, the windshield has a low slant which obscures vision when you turn so you need to take extra caution on blind sites. However, it has great pick up and a great transmission. Also, still have not figured out what the 'S' gear is for. it revves the engine...truck has great pick up so, don't know why you'd need it. Friends who drive it, love it and it is GREAT for moving furniture, and life in general. Love this car, and highly recommend to consumers. I give it a solid 8!"

Absolutely LOVE it!

By on Thursday, June 04, 2009

"I was just in an accident (not my fault) with my 2005 murano and unfortunately it's totaled - but I'm NOT! There is no doubt the safety features on this vehicle saved me from serious harm. I do have a broken rib, and some bruising, but it should have much worse looking at my car. Would I recommend this car to a friend, even one with children - you BET!!! As soon as I get my insurance claim, I'm heading down to get me another one! Way to go Nissan!"

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"CD player quit working at 60K miles. Radio can only be replaced with a factory radio....well that cost $1,900. Everything is tied to the radio. Went to have the car lined up and local shops could not do it. Must be done at the Nissan dealership. Nissan has found all the ways to get you to spend more money with them."

Very good, reliable vehicle.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Uses regular grade gasoline. Carrying capacity."

Cons: "Small steering wheel."

"This has been one of my better cars to own and drive. Average 22 mpg, and can carry more gear than my wife's ML320. The handling is excellent and it uses regular grade gasoline. Driving in snow is no problem either."

One of the best values for an SUV on the market

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Reason: Trade in on 2012 Kia Sorento

Pros: "Comfortable, Peppy, handles well."

Cons: "gas mileage lists as 18/26 we only got 17/22"

"I bought the 2005 Murano in 2009 for $18.5K which I though was a little steep for a 4 year old SUV with 33K miles. I was wrong! This was the best vehicle I've ever owned. It was very comfortable even on 5 hour long trips. The leather quality was very good and held up against wear and tear. Visibility was great all around. Handling was quick and responsive and the engine sure didn't lack power. This baby can move. I never had a problem with suspension, transmission , mechanical or any windows. The only problem with mine was the plastic protective coating on the front cracked and got moldy. Gas mileage was about 3-4 MPG lower than posted but still respectable at 17/23. There was nothing wrong with the truck when I traded it in and in hindsight would have kept it if I could have afforded 2 truck payments. KBB trade-in value was on mark but dealer resale for these is still at $14-18K even with 63K+ miles. If I want my same truck back it will cost me $16K now! Quite a profit for the dealer. Look at what these are selling for before you trade one in and work between that and the KBB values. If you want a high quality, reliable SUV you should definitely look at one of these."

I love this car and would drive it forever.

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, fun to drive, handles well, great in snow"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I bought this car used in 2006 with 20,000 miles on it. I love it. I drive a lot of miles and have no problem moving fast through traffic and this car is the perfect car to do it. We affectionately call it the "sofa on wheels". It has an amazing amount space in it and it is so comfy. I have had to replace brakes a few times, put one new battery in, and new tires. I've had some exhaust issues. Just now at 130K miles, I am having exhaust efficiency problems. I am not sure if it is the catalytic converter or not. I also had to replace a wheel bearing/hub recently. The person I bought this car off of sold it to me because he was buying a new Nissan Murano. It still looks beautiful."

Disappointed in Arizona

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"The car has the look and feel of a true luxury SUV, however, it does not hold up well under use. I am so glad I took out the extra policy to cover major problems or it would be sitting in my driveway. I've had mine for approx. 5 years and have had a lot of problems. Drive door glass rattles (dealership never could fix), transmission went out (had supplemental insurance coverage), CD jammed and had to be replaced by BOSE, driver side visor is broken (not covered by dealership), front chrome grille bubbled (had to pay to replace), headlights fogged up after several years (expense was not covered), they been re-done several times and still look awful. The big ticket item (transmission) was covered but I've still been out a lot of expense on this vehicle and it's only 5 years old!"

Money Pit

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Bought from Nissan dealer with 63,000 miles. At 65,000 it needed a new CVT transmission for $7,000. Nissan corporate acknowledged known prblem but buyer beware, Murano's useful life ends around 65,000 miles. Just read Nissan Forums and other owner problems with the 2003 Murano. Either pass by this vehicle or get warranty with purchase."

Some problems-But still love it!

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"I have a 2005 with 65K. Everytime I look at it I cannot believe I own it! BUT I have had some issues. A CD is in my player and will not eject. I was advised at the dealership there was nothing they could do other than put in a new system ($1K)! SO I do not have a working CD player. I have issues with the doors locking/unlocking. Never fails I leave the grocery store with 30 bags and my hatch will not open! It is now to the point that my passenger front door only locks manually and on occasions the only door that unlocks is the rear drivers! Plus there is no way to open with a key. Very frustrating! And the tires!! You need an additional loan when they need to be replaced so beware. Otherwise it looks and drives so nice! Not sure if I would purchase again just because of cost/maintenance and I have limited funds. If $ was no option I would definetly buy again. Really nice ride. I love the big comfy seats in the front! And the way it looks on the outside."

Love it!

By on Thursday, January 31, 2008

"I have a 2005 Murano I bought new and am still in love with it. This is a great vehicle. Looks good, rides smooth, goes fast. Have had no problems with it mechanically. It is truly a dream vehicle. The first one I have found that I have not wanted to trade in after a couple of years. If I did, it would be for a newer model!"

Best Nissan Crossover

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"This vehicle is fast, reliable and looks very sporty. It only seats 5, but when fully loaded with passengers and luggage there is no difference in the power the engine puts out. This is mostly due to the variable transmission Nissan equips the Murano to avoid the "Shift Shock" when changing gears. I've had the vehilce for a year and-a-half with no electrical or mechanical problems to report. Visibility in the rear window could be better so one does not have to look back several times in rear view and side mirrors."

Very Nice Small SUV

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"My 2006 SL gets great gas mileage (23mpg on hiqhway). My only complaints are that the seats aren't too comfortable for long drives and that there is no power available when the car is off. That is especially annoying for charging a cell phone."

Murano Lemon

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"Less than 108,000 miles have had the following problems and/or replaced the following items (in no particular order): 1. 3 alternators (last one ruined the wiring and the new battery) 2. 2 transmissions (actually 3 because Nissan sold a defective one and they have not reimbursed labor for THEIR defective part. 3. rear hatch shocks replaced 4. valve body assemby 5. fuel door locking assemby (dealer not fix correctly--have given up) 6. fuel pump 7. differential side seal 8. exhaust manifold 9. lower oil pan gasket 10. power steering line 11. power windows 12. air intake tube 13. oil cooler O-ring assembly 14. Outer tie rod ends"

BEST SUV EVER

By on Friday, September 19, 2008

"I bought my 2005 Murano new 12/04. best ride ever, when friends at work drove it all they could say was "you are soooo lucky!" My husband is a die hard muscle car driver, but he loves the Murano's power and handling. Never have any trouble in snow, and brakes/tires are the only replacements to date with 40K on odometer. I don't like the grill on '09, so I will have this for a very long time. For the $$, I drove them all and this car makes all the luxury models take a back seat."

poor awd performance

By on Saturday, January 05, 2008

"After a deep snow,trying to get to work, high centered vehicle, awd would not put enough power to wheels to help get unstuck. After getting it out, transmission slipped for 20 miles, only able to go 25-30 miles per hr and having to stop and shut engine off and restart to get it to move."

not so sure...

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"I bought this vehicle at the beginning of the year, as I needed a more reliable car and one that would be comfortable to drive around the U.S. It is very comfortable and I really like the way it looks...however, I bought it used (3 years old) and shortly after started having many problems that I feel I shouldn't have from a vehicle that old. It needed a new catalytic conveter (after driving from WI to AZ), then the air conditioner bracket broke (started with a noisy rattle), then on the way from VI to WI it just quit in the middle of the freeway! No lights or warnings came on-anyway, it turned out that the fuel pump went out! Then the power window motor on the driver's side went out, and I had to get that fixed. Now the warranty expired, so I'm just holding my breath and hoping nothing else drastic happens. I've consistantly heard that Nissans are very reliable, good cars, and I really did my research before buying this, but apparently something went wrong. So anyway...I do have all the "bells and whistles" and like the navigation system and the leather is very nice. Also the back is very roomy and comfortable, and it's comfortable to drive for long periods of time. Overall, when it's not in the shop, it's a nice ride, just make sure you have a warranty if buying used!"