2007 Nissan Murano

Based on 581 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

decent-but wouldn't buy again

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"My Murano looks good and is comfortable to ride in, even when traveling w/ 5 adults. To this point I have not had any major defects, but did have to install new tires after 23,000 miles (at nearly $120/tire)--due the the AWD, all 4 must be replaced at once. The quality of the vehicle is really what bothers me most. I bought the car new and am very good to my cars, and yet it seems to have many squeaks and rattles. The lumbar support has never seemed to work-at all, and the range of the power seats is limited. I came out of an Audi A4 prior to the Murano and I can tell you the AWD on the Murano is not even in the same ball park-if the reason for purchasing the Murano is for poor weather conditions, do yourself a favor and keep shopping. If you want a fairly comfortable ride and want to look good driving it, you may appreciate this car. For me, this is a leased car. Although I have owned worse cars, when it ends in 8 months I will not be going into another Murano."

Sharp looking with good comfort but has issues!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "nice ride, nice looking, good pickup"

Cons: "Dependability issues!!!"

"My 2007 Murano SL with 96000 miles is sharp looking with a nice ride and good pickup. Having said that I have been very disappointed because of transmission, front end and other quality repair issues. If you are considering this vehicle check the transmission warranty!"

Good SUV/improvements needed

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "great price, can grow into"

Cons: "cup holders and repair on same parts more thanonce"

"Many of the comments I read before I bought the Murano talked about the cup holder and how it wasn't functional. After 5 years of owning this SUV and loving it, it's true the cup holder is one of the worst features on the truck. It won't fit more than one mug with handles at a time and liquid spills ALL the time. More importantly, the only issue that I have experienced were issues with the ball joint and the control arm of the vehicle. For whatever reason, these parts on the SAME side and SAME wheel of the truck went bad less than 1 1/2 yr apart. Some mechanics attributed the issues to potholes, others to the mass winters and the corrosion of parts due to the salt. One state charged 2k for repairs another charged $700. At any rate, the truck is great. As someone used to driving a stick shift car it took time to get used to the weight of the truck. It is a little bulky to drive, the windshield has a low slant which obscures vision when you turn so you need to take extra caution on blind sites. However, it has great pick up and a great transmission. Also, still have not figured out what the 'S' gear is for. it revves the engine...truck has great pick up so, don't know why you'd need it. Friends who drive it, love it and it is GREAT for moving furniture, and life in general. Love this car, and highly recommend to consumers. I give it a solid 8!"

pluses and minuses

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I've had my Murano AWD SL for about a year now and I must say it handles very well (even in the snow). It has a lot of creature comforts (with a cost) and is very fun to drive. I have had some issues however, for example, The metal detailing on the interior of the car dings very easily (ex. seatbelt hitting it). I have also found that the cupholder gets stuck in the closed position very often. There is a lot of "required" maintainance, ex every 7, 000 miles it needs some sort of a tune up to maintain it's warranty. Otherwise, I've been satisfied overall with my purchase. I wouldn't say it's the most competitive as far as price of features though, recently I have been considering a Hyaundi as my next purchase... take a look and you'll see why."

Absolutely LOVE it!

By on Thursday, June 04, 2009

"I was just in an accident (not my fault) with my 2005 murano and unfortunately it's totaled - but I'm NOT! There is no doubt the safety features on this vehicle saved me from serious harm. I do have a broken rib, and some bruising, but it should have much worse looking at my car. Would I recommend this car to a friend, even one with children - you BET!!! As soon as I get my insurance claim, I'm heading down to get me another one! Way to go Nissan!"

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"CD player quit working at 60K miles. Radio can only be replaced with a factory radio....well that cost $1,900. Everything is tied to the radio. Went to have the car lined up and local shops could not do it. Must be done at the Nissan dealership. Nissan has found all the ways to get you to spend more money with them."

Very good, reliable vehicle.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Uses regular grade gasoline. Carrying capacity."

Cons: "Small steering wheel."

"This has been one of my better cars to own and drive. Average 22 mpg, and can carry more gear than my wife's ML320. The handling is excellent and it uses regular grade gasoline. Driving in snow is no problem either."

One of the best values for an SUV on the market

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Reason: Trade in on 2012 Kia Sorento

Pros: "Comfortable, Peppy, handles well."

Cons: "gas mileage lists as 18/26 we only got 17/22"

"I bought the 2005 Murano in 2009 for $18.5K which I though was a little steep for a 4 year old SUV with 33K miles. I was wrong! This was the best vehicle I've ever owned. It was very comfortable even on 5 hour long trips. The leather quality was very good and held up against wear and tear. Visibility was great all around. Handling was quick and responsive and the engine sure didn't lack power. This baby can move. I never had a problem with suspension, transmission , mechanical or any windows. The only problem with mine was the plastic protective coating on the front cracked and got moldy. Gas mileage was about 3-4 MPG lower than posted but still respectable at 17/23. There was nothing wrong with the truck when I traded it in and in hindsight would have kept it if I could have afforded 2 truck payments. KBB trade-in value was on mark but dealer resale for these is still at $14-18K even with 63K+ miles. If I want my same truck back it will cost me $16K now! Quite a profit for the dealer. Look at what these are selling for before you trade one in and work between that and the KBB values. If you want a high quality, reliable SUV you should definitely look at one of these."

I love this car and would drive it forever.

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, fun to drive, handles well, great in snow"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I bought this car used in 2006 with 20,000 miles on it. I love it. I drive a lot of miles and have no problem moving fast through traffic and this car is the perfect car to do it. We affectionately call it the "sofa on wheels". It has an amazing amount space in it and it is so comfy. I have had to replace brakes a few times, put one new battery in, and new tires. I've had some exhaust issues. Just now at 130K miles, I am having exhaust efficiency problems. I am not sure if it is the catalytic converter or not. I also had to replace a wheel bearing/hub recently. The person I bought this car off of sold it to me because he was buying a new Nissan Murano. It still looks beautiful."

Disappointed in Arizona

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"The car has the look and feel of a true luxury SUV, however, it does not hold up well under use. I am so glad I took out the extra policy to cover major problems or it would be sitting in my driveway. I've had mine for approx. 5 years and have had a lot of problems. Drive door glass rattles (dealership never could fix), transmission went out (had supplemental insurance coverage), CD jammed and had to be replaced by BOSE, driver side visor is broken (not covered by dealership), front chrome grille bubbled (had to pay to replace), headlights fogged up after several years (expense was not covered), they been re-done several times and still look awful. The big ticket item (transmission) was covered but I've still been out a lot of expense on this vehicle and it's only 5 years old!"