2006 Nissan Murano

Based on 588 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Can't Stop Driving It

By on Saturday, December 8, 2007

"My last car, a Jetta, was 8 years old and had 35,000 miles on it. I never drove it because it just wasn't so fun. Who knew driving a car could be so much fun? Two years into owning my MURANO I'm at just over 27,000 miles and LOVE IT! It has taken me all throughout the states - and all in comfort and style. Long-range gas mileage is really about 24-26 MPG when on trips. LA Area, stop and go mileage is about 14-16 MPG. Not bad for such a big car. AND, it is way more manueverable than my Jetta was. How's that for a surprise?!!!"

Good Value, some minor issues

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"Overall I've been happy with my 05 Murano, gas mileage could be improved - it's not what was advertised. Had a few issues with the computer for the fuel pump (reset x2) and the air bags (fixed x1). Cupholder does stick in closed position quite often which is annoying but the biggest issue I have is the visibility out rear window - - its limited. It's a very comfortable vehicle however, drives and handles well, even in snow. I like the vehicle very much but will probably get a vehicle with better gas mileage when my lease is up. . I'm only getting 18-19 even on the highway which isn't good considering the price of gas right now. Probably because I do more city driving."

Real nice SUV

By on Thursday, August 9, 2007

"We have had two Muranos, 04, and the new one 07. SE and now SL with Nav, and B/U camera. Both have been great, my wife loves the car. Great ride, lots of room and plenty of get up and go. The 07 seems to get better milage even with only 4,000 miles on it. Long trip was in the 20 MPG plus at high speeds. Love the transmission.Only flaw for me is the placement of the cup holders, should be in front of stick shift ."

Would buy another Murano

By on Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pros: "comfort, reliability, safety are all excellent"

Cons: "minor things like the sunvisor, power seat"

"We have over 83000 miles on this vehicle and have only replaced the tires once and a front set of brakes. The visor was replaced and the power drivers seat has been a problem. Great ride and the 3.5L engines Nissan has produced for years is iron clad. I know people getting a couple hundred thousand miles out of the 3.5L engines."

Love it

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable"

Cons: "Not overly fast, expensive to fix when it breaks"

"Super smooth driving, great features, very reliable. A dream to drive, not overly fast, but handles great."

Love Murano since day 1 in 2003

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Spacious, runs great, looks beautiful, luxuriois"

"When they first came out, I said I wanted one of those space cars! I bought a 2007 Murano last year in 2011. I prefer the body style of 2003-2007. Great size, comfortable seating and great CVT transmission. I had not idea about CVT until I bought one. I have the SL, so we have the leather, Bose system, back up camera, sun roof and such. Although it wasn't new, runs like its new and no problems what so ever. I highly recommend this car. Seats 5 and wonderful ride. :)"

Great vehicle but not perfect

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "power train reliable, looks and drives great"

Cons: "suspension in back, and noises"

"I had the 04 murano for about 5 years now and there are two things that are annoying. When driven at speeds over 40 mph's the car makes a noise similar to a bowling ball being rolled down a hallway (the faster I go the louder the noise), and the other problem is the comfort in the back seats. The seats recline which is very good but when you hit a pothole the passengers in the backseat feel the pothole a little more than they do in most vehicles. Besides that I never had a problem with my murano, great buy and I don't regret it."

disappointed with nissan

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "see above"

"Cosmeticially speaking: Like the look, the mobility, the roomy interior. Reliability/Quality Speaking: TERRIBLE. Had more brake problems with this vehicle. The driver visor falls down ($400 to repair/was told it is a NISSAN manufacturing issue no way around the $400) bought it when it was 2 years old. Nothing but problems. Couple of mechanics i've spoke with said Nissan manufactures a terrible car. Wish i would have know that before i paid $23k for one."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"I bought my 2006 Nissan Murano w/ 42,000 miles on it and I have drove it for 3 years now with 0 issues. The CVT Transmission along with other factors make the Murano a very smooth and quiet ride. I have no complaints thus far."

Love the car, Nissan cust support questionable

By on Sunday, September 6, 2009

"Bought my 2006 Murano SE new and have driven 42k miles. Virtually every option selected, incl AWD & nav. Performance with CVT is smooth - great acceleration. Great in deep snow - never had any issue getting around. Extremely comfortable. Reliability very good generally, but... The only issue I've had: backup camera went out literally just before the 36k mile warranty expired. Because I could get car into Nissan dealer for svc right away, Nissan would not honor warranty claim and would charge >$800 to replace the backup camera. Not even a discounted price was offered even though the camera clearly went out during warranty period. I was VERY disapppointed in Nissan's customer support stance on this topic to the extent that I will not buy another Nissan in future due to concern about how they would handle a really serious problem given my experience on this issue. Having said that, the car has been an absolute joy to own and drive so far. Still, customer svc is part of the overall value proposition and Nissan has, in my view, not met my expectation. Given all this, the car is a winner, but Nissan's customer support is not so I cannot recommend the vehicle DUE to the company - not due to the vehicle itself."