2006 Nissan Murano

Based on 586 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"CD player quit working at 60K miles. Radio can only be replaced with a factory radio....well that cost $1,900. Everything is tied to the radio. Went to have the car lined up and local shops could not do it. Must be done at the Nissan dealership. Nissan has found all the ways to get you to spend more money with them."

Money Pit

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Bought from Nissan dealer with 63,000 miles. At 65,000 it needed a new CVT transmission for $7,000. Nissan corporate acknowledged known prblem but buyer beware, Murano's useful life ends around 65,000 miles. Just read Nissan Forums and other owner problems with the 2003 Murano. Either pass by this vehicle or get warranty with purchase."

Absolutely LOVE it!

By on Thursday, June 04, 2009

"I was just in an accident (not my fault) with my 2005 murano and unfortunately it's totaled - but I'm NOT! There is no doubt the safety features on this vehicle saved me from serious harm. I do have a broken rib, and some bruising, but it should have much worse looking at my car. Would I recommend this car to a friend, even one with children - you BET!!! As soon as I get my insurance claim, I'm heading down to get me another one! Way to go Nissan!"

Some problems-But still love it!

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"I have a 2005 with 65K. Everytime I look at it I cannot believe I own it! BUT I have had some issues. A CD is in my player and will not eject. I was advised at the dealership there was nothing they could do other than put in a new system ($1K)! SO I do not have a working CD player. I have issues with the doors locking/unlocking. Never fails I leave the grocery store with 30 bags and my hatch will not open! It is now to the point that my passenger front door only locks manually and on occasions the only door that unlocks is the rear drivers! Plus there is no way to open with a key. Very frustrating! And the tires!! You need an additional loan when they need to be replaced so beware. Otherwise it looks and drives so nice! Not sure if I would purchase again just because of cost/maintenance and I have limited funds. If $ was no option I would definetly buy again. Really nice ride. I love the big comfy seats in the front! And the way it looks on the outside."

Very good, reliable vehicle.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Uses regular grade gasoline. Carrying capacity."

Cons: "Small steering wheel."

"This has been one of my better cars to own and drive. Average 22 mpg, and can carry more gear than my wife's ML320. The handling is excellent and it uses regular grade gasoline. Driving in snow is no problem either."