• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2006 Nissan Murano

Based on 557 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Disappointed in the quality of this Nissan model.

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

"Disappointed in the quality of this Nissan model. I thought buying foreign would ensure excellent quality but it's been one thing after another that needed replacement on this vehicle. I will go back to Ford and American once I sell this."

great car

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"I've owned this car for 11 years- minor normal repairs, rides as smoothe as it did 11 yrs ago. I love this car! I am short so its easy to get in and out of- and very roomy inside"

Near-perfect car for price/reliability/comfort.

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Price/reliability/comfort is unsurpassed."

Cons: "Desire separate rear passenger heat & A/C."

"I'm 6'5" and have trouble finding cars with head & leg room. This SUV has both, even with a moonroof. I have had NO PROBLEMS with this car and will most likely be purchasing another one as it's replacement. It travels well and, as all SUVs do, offers a nice view of the road. I religiously adhere to the recommendations of a nationally-known consumer magazine, and this car has consistently been rated highly and (usually) a 'best buy.' I love the smooth CVT no-jerk transmission."

Excellent, comfortable vehicle

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

"Love this car - it has its issues i.e. electrical...car doors lock by themselves, new battery every two yrs or less - check engine light comes on with nothing wrong Have not had any major issues with regular upkeep"

Growing on me

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "maintenence"

"We purchased the 2006 Murano, and right off the bat we began having issues. First off, it is almost impossible to go to anyone but the dealer for oil changes/regular maintenance. We tried to take it to our regular mechanic but each time we ended up having to take it back in to the dealer. Watch out for the air box...if it is not put on right, your car will die in the middle of the highway. Most of the issues we've had seem to be due to the fact that the previous owners failed to keep up with maintenance. So...we've been slowly catching up. The interior is amazing, ours has multi-disc CD, a DVD player, back up camera, heated leather seats..the works! It's been great for long road trips. The exterior is smooth, and has not shown much wear. Gas mileage is touch and go, city is about 17, highway anywhere from 20-22 MPG. I don't think i'll own another Murano after this, but it has been a learning curve."

See if you qualify for