2005 Nissan Murano

Based on 590 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Best Nissan Crossover

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"This vehicle is fast, reliable and looks very sporty. It only seats 5, but when fully loaded with passengers and luggage there is no difference in the power the engine puts out. This is mostly due to the variable transmission Nissan equips the Murano to avoid the "Shift Shock" when changing gears. I've had the vehilce for a year and-a-half with no electrical or mechanical problems to report. Visibility in the rear window could be better so one does not have to look back several times in rear view and side mirrors."

Very Nice Small SUV

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"My 2006 SL gets great gas mileage (23mpg on hiqhway). My only complaints are that the seats aren't too comfortable for long drives and that there is no power available when the car is off. That is especially annoying for charging a cell phone."

not so sure...

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"I bought this vehicle at the beginning of the year, as I needed a more reliable car and one that would be comfortable to drive around the U.S. It is very comfortable and I really like the way it looks...however, I bought it used (3 years old) and shortly after started having many problems that I feel I shouldn't have from a vehicle that old. It needed a new catalytic conveter (after driving from WI to AZ), then the air conditioner bracket broke (started with a noisy rattle), then on the way from VI to WI it just quit in the middle of the freeway! No lights or warnings came on-anyway, it turned out that the fuel pump went out! Then the power window motor on the driver's side went out, and I had to get that fixed. Now the warranty expired, so I'm just holding my breath and hoping nothing else drastic happens. I've consistantly heard that Nissans are very reliable, good cars, and I really did my research before buying this, but apparently something went wrong. So anyway...I do have all the "bells and whistles" and like the navigation system and the leather is very nice. Also the back is very roomy and comfortable, and it's comfortable to drive for long periods of time. Overall, when it's not in the shop, it's a nice ride, just make sure you have a warranty if buying used!"

BEST SUV EVER

By on Friday, September 19, 2008

"I bought my 2005 Murano new 12/04. best ride ever, when friends at work drove it all they could say was "you are soooo lucky!" My husband is a die hard muscle car driver, but he loves the Murano's power and handling. Never have any trouble in snow, and brakes/tires are the only replacements to date with 40K on odometer. I don't like the grill on '09, so I will have this for a very long time. For the $$, I drove them all and this car makes all the luxury models take a back seat."

Murano Luv

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"I have 2 more payments on my '03 Murano...and I still luv it! I want to keep it for my kid who will be driving in 3 years. Purchased brand new with everything but the nav system & tpms. Only thing I have never liked about this car is the front grill. I plan on changing that once I pay off. I always feel like a million bucks whenever I'm cruising in my freshly cleaned black beauty with tinted windows. I have 120k currently and my mechanic says I don't really need a tune-up just yet. I get good highway mileage between 20-23 mpg. Only minor problems, driver side window motor went out earlier this year. Approx $450. to fix. No other major problems. As pretty as the new one is, I'm gonna keep my '03 as long as I can. I still luv it!"

Accident

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"I recently purchased a Murano, and I chose it because I liked the way it drives and the comfort amenities it offered. A few days ago I was in a serious car accident in which I was hit from behind by a person who was going 60+ miles an hour. Although the car is a total loss, I was able to walk away without a scratch to the disbelief of all who saw the accident occur. Not only does this car look and drive great, it is about as safe as they come. I plan to by a new one and hope to drive it for a very long time."

2006 nissa murano SL

By on Monday, August 22, 2016

"2006 Nissan Murano SL very clean everything works perfect, I have 2 cars and decided to sell one of them"

One of the BEST Vehicles I have owned...

By on Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pros: "Great value for the money!!"

Cons: "No interior rear hatch release."

"Amazing & surprising power. Always starts and have only had one major repair!!! I will definitely buy another Nissan Murano. Also, this is my first Japanese car, no longer think I need German or British cars to get quality..."

Love our Murano!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Great space, great drive, great power, efficient."

Cons: "Seat broke, CD player broke, uses some oil."

"We've owned our Murano for years, and it's been mostly trouble-free for most of it's life despite having just passed 150k miles. We've had some work done, yes, but no more than other cars we've owned in the past. The comfort level of the Murano is second to none. Our rear seat passengers always compliment on how much rear legroom there is, and we stay comfortable even on very long trips. The ride of our SE model is a little harsh on rough pavement, but on the highway it's amazingly smooth and agile. We get through St. Louis winters with our two-wheel-drive model with no problems, and average around 20mpg overall! When recently shopping for a new car, we literally couldn't find anything we liked as much as our Murano. It's a truly fantastic car!"

Reliable

By on Monday, November 7, 2011

Pros: "Good value for the price"

Cons: "I would have prefered leather interior,"

"I have owned this since 02/07 and purchased it with 20000 miles on the odometer. I commuted Toronto from west Michigan racking up 80000 miles with no issues whatsoever. The Murano is comfortable and does not make you feel worn out after several hours behind the wheel. I really like the way it handles in snow,ice.etc always stable and with the fact it sits higher than a car the field of vision is great. Other than normal maintenance I have had no issues"