2005 Nissan Murano

Based on 590 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

poor awd performance

By on Saturday, January 5, 2008

"After a deep snow,trying to get to work, high centered vehicle, awd would not put enough power to wheels to help get unstuck. After getting it out, transmission slipped for 20 miles, only able to go 25-30 miles per hr and having to stop and shut engine off and restart to get it to move."

Best Nissan Crossover

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"This vehicle is fast, reliable and looks very sporty. It only seats 5, but when fully loaded with passengers and luggage there is no difference in the power the engine puts out. This is mostly due to the variable transmission Nissan equips the Murano to avoid the "Shift Shock" when changing gears. I've had the vehilce for a year and-a-half with no electrical or mechanical problems to report. Visibility in the rear window could be better so one does not have to look back several times in rear view and side mirrors."

Very Nice Small SUV

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"My 2006 SL gets great gas mileage (23mpg on hiqhway). My only complaints are that the seats aren't too comfortable for long drives and that there is no power available when the car is off. That is especially annoying for charging a cell phone."

not so sure...

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"I bought this vehicle at the beginning of the year, as I needed a more reliable car and one that would be comfortable to drive around the U.S. It is very comfortable and I really like the way it looks...however, I bought it used (3 years old) and shortly after started having many problems that I feel I shouldn't have from a vehicle that old. It needed a new catalytic conveter (after driving from WI to AZ), then the air conditioner bracket broke (started with a noisy rattle), then on the way from VI to WI it just quit in the middle of the freeway! No lights or warnings came on-anyway, it turned out that the fuel pump went out! Then the power window motor on the driver's side went out, and I had to get that fixed. Now the warranty expired, so I'm just holding my breath and hoping nothing else drastic happens. I've consistantly heard that Nissans are very reliable, good cars, and I really did my research before buying this, but apparently something went wrong. So anyway...I do have all the "bells and whistles" and like the navigation system and the leather is very nice. Also the back is very roomy and comfortable, and it's comfortable to drive for long periods of time. Overall, when it's not in the shop, it's a nice ride, just make sure you have a warranty if buying used!"

BEST SUV EVER

By on Friday, September 19, 2008

"I bought my 2005 Murano new 12/04. best ride ever, when friends at work drove it all they could say was "you are soooo lucky!" My husband is a die hard muscle car driver, but he loves the Murano's power and handling. Never have any trouble in snow, and brakes/tires are the only replacements to date with 40K on odometer. I don't like the grill on '09, so I will have this for a very long time. For the $$, I drove them all and this car makes all the luxury models take a back seat."