2005 Nissan Murano

Based on 590 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Disappointed in Arizona

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"The car has the look and feel of a true luxury SUV, however, it does not hold up well under use. I am so glad I took out the extra policy to cover major problems or it would be sitting in my driveway. I've had mine for approx. 5 years and have had a lot of problems. Drive door glass rattles (dealership never could fix), transmission went out (had supplemental insurance coverage), CD jammed and had to be replaced by BOSE, driver side visor is broken (not covered by dealership), front chrome grille bubbled (had to pay to replace), headlights fogged up after several years (expense was not covered), they been re-done several times and still look awful. The big ticket item (transmission) was covered but I've still been out a lot of expense on this vehicle and it's only 5 years old!"

Murano Lemon

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"Less than 108,000 miles have had the following problems and/or replaced the following items (in no particular order): 1. 3 alternators (last one ruined the wiring and the new battery) 2. 2 transmissions (actually 3 because Nissan sold a defective one and they have not reimbursed labor for THEIR defective part. 3. rear hatch shocks replaced 4. valve body assemby 5. fuel door locking assemby (dealer not fix correctly--have given up) 6. fuel pump 7. differential side seal 8. exhaust manifold 9. lower oil pan gasket 10. power steering line 11. power windows 12. air intake tube 13. oil cooler O-ring assembly 14. Outer tie rod ends"

Very good, reliable vehicle.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Uses regular grade gasoline. Carrying capacity."

Cons: "Small steering wheel."

"This has been one of my better cars to own and drive. Average 22 mpg, and can carry more gear than my wife's ML320. The handling is excellent and it uses regular grade gasoline. Driving in snow is no problem either."

Absolutely LOVE it!

By on Thursday, June 4, 2009

"I was just in an accident (not my fault) with my 2005 murano and unfortunately it's totaled - but I'm NOT! There is no doubt the safety features on this vehicle saved me from serious harm. I do have a broken rib, and some bruising, but it should have much worse looking at my car. Would I recommend this car to a friend, even one with children - you BET!!! As soon as I get my insurance claim, I'm heading down to get me another one! Way to go Nissan!"

It was all good until...

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Keyless entry and engine start are very convenient. Nice style."

Cons: "High maintenance costs, low quality manufacturing"

"I love love loved my Nissan UNTIL....I've had a few little "annoying" repairs...the most major being replacing the power steering at about 70k miles. I also had a few issues with an air-intake hose that left me (with children) stranded at in-opportune times/places more than once (thank goodness for AAA). But, this month when I hit 95k miles the (as I've now learned) dreaded driver's seat rail issue occurred. It's as if I'm in a rocking chair. I thought it would be a *simple* bolt issue but NO it is a $1200 issue. Apparently, after researching this problem online, this is VERY common with Muranos from '03-'06 at least. The seat still moves up and back but the rear right side is not attached to the floorboard. A safety issue? Not according to Nissan or others so we (the car owners) are left to either weld it back together (hmmmm) or pay tons of money to fix it! ALSO, I learned while they were checking on my seat that I have 2 broken engine mounts (all that suburban driving and carpooling is rough I suppose) and need to replace the catalytic converter? 95,000 is a lot of miles but I'm sure if this were a Honda, I wouldn't have these problems (my husband's Acura has almost 200k miles with minimal mechanical issues!). I'm sad to say that after a few good ones, no more Nissan's for me..."