2005 Nissan Murano

Based on 581 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"CD player quit working at 60K miles. Radio can only be replaced with a factory radio....well that cost $1,900. Everything is tied to the radio. Went to have the car lined up and local shops could not do it. Must be done at the Nissan dealership. Nissan has found all the ways to get you to spend more money with them."

Very good, reliable vehicle.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Uses regular grade gasoline. Carrying capacity."

Cons: "Small steering wheel."

"This has been one of my better cars to own and drive. Average 22 mpg, and can carry more gear than my wife's ML320. The handling is excellent and it uses regular grade gasoline. Driving in snow is no problem either."

One of the best values for an SUV on the market

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Reason: Trade in on 2012 Kia Sorento

Pros: "Comfortable, Peppy, handles well."

Cons: "gas mileage lists as 18/26 we only got 17/22"

"I bought the 2005 Murano in 2009 for $18.5K which I though was a little steep for a 4 year old SUV with 33K miles. I was wrong! This was the best vehicle I've ever owned. It was very comfortable even on 5 hour long trips. The leather quality was very good and held up against wear and tear. Visibility was great all around. Handling was quick and responsive and the engine sure didn't lack power. This baby can move. I never had a problem with suspension, transmission , mechanical or any windows. The only problem with mine was the plastic protective coating on the front cracked and got moldy. Gas mileage was about 3-4 MPG lower than posted but still respectable at 17/23. There was nothing wrong with the truck when I traded it in and in hindsight would have kept it if I could have afforded 2 truck payments. KBB trade-in value was on mark but dealer resale for these is still at $14-18K even with 63K+ miles. If I want my same truck back it will cost me $16K now! Quite a profit for the dealer. Look at what these are selling for before you trade one in and work between that and the KBB values. If you want a high quality, reliable SUV you should definitely look at one of these."

I love this car and would drive it forever.

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, fun to drive, handles well, great in snow"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I bought this car used in 2006 with 20,000 miles on it. I love it. I drive a lot of miles and have no problem moving fast through traffic and this car is the perfect car to do it. We affectionately call it the "sofa on wheels". It has an amazing amount space in it and it is so comfy. I have had to replace brakes a few times, put one new battery in, and new tires. I've had some exhaust issues. Just now at 130K miles, I am having exhaust efficiency problems. I am not sure if it is the catalytic converter or not. I also had to replace a wheel bearing/hub recently. The person I bought this car off of sold it to me because he was buying a new Nissan Murano. It still looks beautiful."

Disappointed in Arizona

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"The car has the look and feel of a true luxury SUV, however, it does not hold up well under use. I am so glad I took out the extra policy to cover major problems or it would be sitting in my driveway. I've had mine for approx. 5 years and have had a lot of problems. Drive door glass rattles (dealership never could fix), transmission went out (had supplemental insurance coverage), CD jammed and had to be replaced by BOSE, driver side visor is broken (not covered by dealership), front chrome grille bubbled (had to pay to replace), headlights fogged up after several years (expense was not covered), they been re-done several times and still look awful. The big ticket item (transmission) was covered but I've still been out a lot of expense on this vehicle and it's only 5 years old!"