2005 Nissan Murano

Based on 581 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Murano Lemon

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"Less than 108,000 miles have had the following problems and/or replaced the following items (in no particular order): 1. 3 alternators (last one ruined the wiring and the new battery) 2. 2 transmissions (actually 3 because Nissan sold a defective one and they have not reimbursed labor for THEIR defective part. 3. rear hatch shocks replaced 4. valve body assemby 5. fuel door locking assemby (dealer not fix correctly--have given up) 6. fuel pump 7. differential side seal 8. exhaust manifold 9. lower oil pan gasket 10. power steering line 11. power windows 12. air intake tube 13. oil cooler O-ring assembly 14. Outer tie rod ends"

BEST SUV EVER

By on Friday, September 19, 2008

"I bought my 2005 Murano new 12/04. best ride ever, when friends at work drove it all they could say was "you are soooo lucky!" My husband is a die hard muscle car driver, but he loves the Murano's power and handling. Never have any trouble in snow, and brakes/tires are the only replacements to date with 40K on odometer. I don't like the grill on '09, so I will have this for a very long time. For the $$, I drove them all and this car makes all the luxury models take a back seat."

poor awd performance

By on Saturday, January 05, 2008

"After a deep snow,trying to get to work, high centered vehicle, awd would not put enough power to wheels to help get unstuck. After getting it out, transmission slipped for 20 miles, only able to go 25-30 miles per hr and having to stop and shut engine off and restart to get it to move."

not so sure...

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"I bought this vehicle at the beginning of the year, as I needed a more reliable car and one that would be comfortable to drive around the U.S. It is very comfortable and I really like the way it looks...however, I bought it used (3 years old) and shortly after started having many problems that I feel I shouldn't have from a vehicle that old. It needed a new catalytic conveter (after driving from WI to AZ), then the air conditioner bracket broke (started with a noisy rattle), then on the way from VI to WI it just quit in the middle of the freeway! No lights or warnings came on-anyway, it turned out that the fuel pump went out! Then the power window motor on the driver's side went out, and I had to get that fixed. Now the warranty expired, so I'm just holding my breath and hoping nothing else drastic happens. I've consistantly heard that Nissans are very reliable, good cars, and I really did my research before buying this, but apparently something went wrong. So anyway...I do have all the "bells and whistles" and like the navigation system and the leather is very nice. Also the back is very roomy and comfortable, and it's comfortable to drive for long periods of time. Overall, when it's not in the shop, it's a nice ride, just make sure you have a warranty if buying used!"

Accident

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"I recently purchased a Murano, and I chose it because I liked the way it drives and the comfort amenities it offered. A few days ago I was in a serious car accident in which I was hit from behind by a person who was going 60+ miles an hour. Although the car is a total loss, I was able to walk away without a scratch to the disbelief of all who saw the accident occur. Not only does this car look and drive great, it is about as safe as they come. I plan to by a new one and hope to drive it for a very long time."